PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Hounds

Fanobills
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone played this game?

I'm rather disappointed with it - I rented it, got a glimpse of some eyecandy, but the game-play it's self has me kinda mad that I wasted almost $10 to rent it - I can't get out of the training level on story mode.

I've destroyed the tanks and vehicles that I was told to, but I can't seem to find the last thing (I'm assuming it's the last thing) in the training mission that I'm supposed to destroy - I can't remember what he says - but it's after he talks about the comm towers.

ChessPieceFace
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Comm towers you need to stand by them to activate them so you can communicate with fellow allies. The story is really a tutoral to prep you for online play. Online is where the game shines tho, a good clan can make the game extremely fun.

Fanobills
07-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Now that I'm past the training missions, this game is actually kinda fun.

Thanks for getting me past it.

predatorprime
07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I have Armored Core 4 and I was impress with it considering the reviews made it out to be the worst thing since Tao Feng (obscure xbox reference)
I've been meaning to get Chrome hounds but I got AC4 for 15 bucks so I don't think I need to given that AC is a bit better game

Variation-XBA
07-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I have Armored Core 4 and I was impress with it considering the reviews made it out to be the worst thing since Tao Feng (obscure xbox reference)

Think you mean Kabuki Warriors

predatorprime
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Think you mean Kabuki Warriors

Nope...
while Kabuki Warriors was painfully bad I rank Tao Lower since it had the hype/potential to be a good game

Variation-XBA
07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus - XBOX
Avg Ratio: 68% Based On 65 Media Outlets
---------------------------------
Avg Ratio: 35%
Based On 14 Media Outlets

Lowest Tao review was a 2, Kabuki got an impressive 0.5!

And no, Tao had no hype....possibly potential, but anyone following it from the start knew it was gunna be ass. :rofl:

predatorprime
07-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus - XBOX
Avg Ratio: 68% Based On 65 Media Outlets
---------------------------------
Avg Ratio: 35%
Based On 14 Media Outlets

Lowest Tao review was a 2, Kabuki got an impressive 0.5!

And no, Tao had no hype....possibly potential, but anyone following it from the start knew it was gunna be ass. :rofl:

Booo hisss....LOL
I actually owned Tao Feng cause I like MK...I guess the game left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth

And wow we got off topic...
Bottom line IMO is that if your going to get a Mech game on the 360 get AC4... its a bit faster (main complaint on CH) or pray M$ makes something that doesnt suck

CrazyCougar
07-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Me, I loved Chromehounds and spent many hours with this game. But I can honestly say, I absolutely hated AC4. Chromehounds was a bit more realistic(if thats possible, lol), and strategic where as I found AC4 for to be more run and gun. To each his own, but I would highly recommend Chromehounds over AC4.

predatorprime
07-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I think we can both agree that they need to make a mechassault for 360 though....