PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2

predatorprime
07-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Has anyone played it?
I dled the demo and was extremely disappointed.
I think it might of been the ass track that they give you to race but I'm not sure.

CrazyCougar
07-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Its Forza 1 with more options honestly. But then again, Gran Turismo is the same game each time it comes out, with more cars, so I guess it aint such a bad thing. And Mugello is a great track!

predatorprime
07-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Its Forza 1 with more options honestly. But then again, Gran Turismo is the same game each time it comes out, with more cars, so I guess it aint such a bad thing. And Mugello is a great track!

It just wasn't a track that grabbed me and made me want the game...
It was a little boring graphically...
I have a wii for boring graphics, I want my 360 to be pretty

CrazyCougar
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Forza isnt all that pretty. Sure it has shinier cars, and a realistic sky. But thats about it. Again, its Forza 1 with extra options.

Variation-XBA
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Since when did game have to look good to BE good?

predatorprime
07-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Since when did game have to look good to BE good?

Honestly I play 360 games cause their pretty most of the time...
I can't really say any of them are that fun (which is why your supposed to play games).
I guess I was put back the forza looks worse than PGR3 and it was a release title

Variation-XBA
07-18-2007, 11:50 PM
To each their own I guess, but I'd rather something that plays amazing or something new, even if it looked like ass.

It's not that Forza looks worse, it's that it's a completely different art style.

I think calling no games fun is quite a stretch....wait, you talking about ps3? :cool: :rofl:

Fanobills
07-19-2007, 02:22 AM
My only gripe with it is that I can't drive a Noble M12, M400, M14, M15 (I think those are the model names).

I have to settle for Lotuses only - I'm a big british upstart sportscar company fan - to me, these cars are beautiful, and their basic philosophy is what can the customer do without - that's the way it should be.

Variation-XBA
07-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Similar with me, but my car is a Lancer Evo VII. Forza has V VI VIII and even IX, but no 7 :(

Darth 3PO
07-19-2007, 03:21 AM
I never played the original Forza but I find Forza 2 to be a pretty good racing game, it certainly beats pretty much all of the other 360 racing games out there, however, if you are used to playing arcade style car games where you drift around corners at high speed etc then Forza 2 might be a bit too realistic for you.

predatorprime
07-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I think I might rent it...
I just didn't like the demo very much and I think I was expecting more than what I got.
Its hard to justify buying another racing game when I already have PGR3, Test Drive, & Burnout.
My main objection with the game is the lack of graphical polish...something that should have been done given the number of times they delayed the game. If Sony can get it done with GT than theres no excuse for M$ not to be able to.

Final note;
I am glad that people like the game... its actually enough for me to give it another try as I really do want the like the game as I love racing games (funny cause I hate driving).
So thanks for your Feedback everyone

Whisper
07-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I liked the demo, got hooked on it with a friend. Have been trying to rent it, but thanks to blockbusters no-return policy, all six copies are always out.

Variation-XBA
07-19-2007, 12:16 PM
If Sony can get it done with GT than theres no excuse for M$ not to be able to.

It's quite ironic, if you look at GT when there is no movement, the ground textures and such really dont look good at all, it's just how it blends together when there is fast movement. Next time you see an interactive, stop the car and look at the ground and grass and you might be surprised.

Fanobills
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Evidently Noble no longer exists, it's now called Rossion.

And if I want to drive one Via Video game, I have to get PGR 4...

see link:

http://www.rossioncars.com/pages/news_events/news_events.html

predatorprime
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
It's quite ironic, if you look at GT when there is no movement, the ground textures and such really dont look good at all, it's just how it blends together when there is fast movement. Next time you see an interactive, stop the car and look at the ground and grass and you might be surprised.

Never thought about that. It just "looks" more polished when playing.
I think that they forgot to enable anti-aliasing on Forza 2. Like I said I'm going to give it a try at home tonight...maybe I'll like it now.
I wish that Motorstorm was out for 360...and let the flaming begin :rofl: