PDA

View Full Version : (NHL) 2k8 vs. 08'?

mrmp3
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Well after watching all the videos for 08' between the physics system for checking, new skating engine (which I believe 2k added a new one themselves last year), and an improved skill stick, they look to topple the 2k series both in reviews and sales.

I just watched the first 2k8 trailer, and it was alright. No mention of new features at all. On top of that the graphics were actually lacking compared to EA (though they were last year as well, but during the Xbox/PS2 era 2k was almost always better).

One quick question though, for those who saw the 2k8 trailer, any idea who does that song? I did lyric searches and came up with nothing.

CrazyCougar
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
EA took over the hockey genre with 07, so I am definitely looking forward to 08. 2K hockey has gone downhil since 2k5, and become a total money goal fest. And button hockey is nothing anymore compared to the skill stick Ea introduced in 07. Wow is all I can say. I loved 2K5 and before and wouldnt come near EA's hockey offerings. Last Ea hockey I touched would have been like NHL 94...LOL! Until 07!!!

predatorprime
07-20-2007, 07:46 AM
EA took over the hockey genre with 07, so I am definitely looking forward to 08. 2K hockey has gone downhil since 2k5, and become a total money goal fest. And button hockey is nothing anymore compared to the skill stick Ea introduced in 07. Wow is all I can say. I loved 2K5 and before and wouldnt come near EA's hockey offerings. Last Ea hockey I touched would have been like NHL 94...LOL! Until 07!!!

On genesis I hope...NHL 94 is the peak of hockey games.
I would have to say that 07 was more fun than 2k7 so it would make sense that 08 should be the better game. That being said this is EA and they are bad for screwing things up badly from time to time

mitchrules1
07-21-2007, 03:01 AM
the skill stick will win it for EA

Whisper
07-21-2007, 03:23 PM
NHL07, with it's skill stick, was a good start.. but the virginity of the invention showed. NHL2k7 was still a more fun game for me, even though it has always been graphically inferior to EA.. the gameplay just meant more.

Up until last year 2K had always been far better at the mangement side, which isn't important to most, but my dream job is an NHL manager, so it is always important to me. EA made big strides with 07 in this respect.

I haven't seen or heard anything about the 08s, but after seeing this thread I will look in to it. With the management side now as good as 2K, and the skill stick potentially being refined, I agree that EA could return to grace with the NHL.

CrazyCougar
07-21-2007, 10:44 PM
On the managament side, 2K probably has always been 2 steps ahead of Ea, in most of its sports game and not just hockey. But, I have to say that last year EA made me a beliver in their hockey. I seriously could not even stand to play 2K after play EA 07. Button hockey (2K) was dead for me after using the skill stick. But even so, 2K hadnt changed their game very much from 2K5 to 2K7, and it grew stale on me. I was ALWAYS a 2K hockey fan and supporter, but was ready for change, and EA provided that. 2K didnt over 2 years.

I really think NHL 08 will bury 2K8 and 2K's hockey franchise altogether.