PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fighting Championship 2009 Trailer

Nato King
07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Does anyone know if this game is coming out for the xbox360. I am going to look into it more but I just thought I would ask and to see what people think of this E3 trailer. I know it says PS3. I love the trailer.

so click the link and tell me what you think as I dig up information on this game. If people have information on this game please post here. thanks
Serg.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/876/876981/vid_2049173.html

(Edited Update)
Right people I did my home work and I can only find this information on this game.

The game is planned to include current and former stars and champions from throughout the franchise's history.
NOTE: This game has been announced as a project in development but has Not been confirmed for any specific platform. This UFC game may or may not be released on this game system. Please check back for official info.
Game Info

Developer To Be Announced
Publisher THQ
Genre Fighting, Simulation
Release Date TBA 2008
ESRB Rating Pending

predatorprime
07-20-2007, 07:40 AM
as a note its on the xbox360 ign site as well.
Lots like a PS3 game if you ask me though

Reclaimer
07-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Looks neat. Hope it comes to the 360. I just can't imagine how they would handle doing the Jiu Jitsu part realistically in a video game.
I remember the old UFC Xbox game, you'd tap a button quickly to put on a submission, your opponent would tap quickly to escape from it.

This shows a lot of promise, I just pray it doesn't become as stupid as a wrestling game with their common list of sins like bad clipping with scenery, bad collision detection, horrible submission move systems, retarded A.I. and redundant and boring commentators.

Plus, I'd like to see the list of fighters besides Chuck and Rampage. Hopefully we'll have a create a character mode.

predatorprime
07-20-2007, 08:09 AM
the funniest part of the video that I saw was that chuck was kicking rampages ass...
which isn`t how it happened in really life LOL

Variation-XBA
07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
It's set for PS3 and 360 so far.

FatBox
07-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I think they should go with what Fight Night did and use the right thumbstick for punching and then use the rest of the buttons for grappling and stuff. I just don't want to see it end up like a wrestling game, and I hope the controls aren't crap.

Punisher
07-22-2007, 06:17 AM
the funniest part of the video that I saw was that chuck was kicking rampages ass...
which isn`t how it happened in really life LOL
I thought the same thing lol. Rampage is going keep the belt for a while. Rampage has his number and Dana White shouldn't ride Chuck's jock like he does. Do you watch Pride as well?

Reclaimer
07-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I know its off topic, but I would love to see Josh Barnett come back to the UFC, since he's a free agent know. Well since Pride got bought by the UFC and they started releasing fighters from their contracts.
But according to Josh, he's looking for Fedor as his next career challenge. Well, Fedor is at BodogFight, so I guess thats where he's going as well.

But for this game? I'd like to know who all is going to be in it. Besides the obvious. They show Rampage versus Chuck, that's a good sign.
I wonder if we'll see like CroCop, Dan Henderson and so on.

Maybe even some old schoolers like Royce, Tank Abbot, Ken Shamrock and so on.

Who knows. I'm excited, yet I'm apprehensive at the same time.

Punisher
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
I hope Vitor come back as well and get's to fight Tito again. He should have won. Fedor will wreck Josh if Cro Cop beat him the way he did Fedor will be worse.

l Maximus l
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
This game has a lot of promise...looks great! It really goes to show what we are all in for regarding the future of gaming! The graphics look sick...the player movement looked fluid and natural....and like Reclaimer said, if they keep it true to UFC fighting and don't ruin it by making it similar to a Wrestling game with cheesy gameplay, then, this game could have some serious promise!