PDA

View Full Version : COD 4 Box Art

Nato King
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/07/call-of-duty-storage-requir.jpg

Slowride
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
And when is this game coming out again? Hopefully i'll stumble ass first into the beta.

Variation-XBA
07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
If you don't have a HD or memory card, you don't deserve to play anyways :P

mattgame
07-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah that's that shat right there.:cheers: :cool:

Variation-XBA
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
This was debugged and is only a place holder for whatever icons.

YOU DO NOT NEED MEMORY TO PLAY, but again, if you don't have a memory card or HD, you are retarded anyways and shouldn't be allowed to play.

"Storage required?!"

This was probably the battle cry of many a beleaguered gamer when they took notice of the recent "choose your box art" event for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. If one took notice of the bottoms of each of the different pieces of art, they'd notice the inclusion of the "Storage Required" icon, which meant that the game would require a memory card or hard drive space of some sort to be able to play.

Luckily, Robert Bowling, Community Relations Manager at Infinity Ward, managed to set the record straight about requiring storage to play the game. MGC News clarified the issue with Bowling, who had this to say about it:

The Storage Required icon should be disregarded. It was simply included as part of the concept artwork by the artist, to give a better representation of what the final box art would look like with icons and logos on it. The game can still be played by users with and without storage devices (HDD / Memory Card). Obviously you can not save if you are without storage, but that goes for every Xbox 360 title.

There you have it, folks. Crisis averted by way of clarification. If you do feel like saving your game of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare though, make sure you have free space, alright?

l Maximus l
07-24-2007, 07:11 PM
I've been away for a week or so, but, I noticed this game got game of show at E3 from G4 TV. It even beat out Halo 3. The game looks freakin' amazing...

Variation-XBA
07-25-2007, 12:57 AM
It even beat out Halo 3.
Cause Halo 3 wasn't shown on the floor in demo form, just behind the scenes, and even then it wasn't completely polished yet (music not in etc)

l Maximus l
07-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Cause Halo 3 wasn't shown on the floor in demo form, just behind the scenes, and even then it wasn't completely polished yet (music not in etc)

Variation...seriously, bud...without you, I would be completely lost! I'm being serious here!!!!

Variation-XBA
07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Variation...seriously, bud...without you, I would be completely lost! I'm being serious here!!!!

Look it up (I'm too lazy), Frankie goes into detail why it was only shown behind doors to VERY few people. No point showing it to just show it when it's not finished and get peoples hopes DOWN when they can keep riding the hype bus all the way till launch.

:cheers:

anyways, back to topic, go vote for the boxart! Echo is my favorite.