PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Price = $200.00

RockTheCasba
07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
ha man that sucks oh well.

Rock Band Price Revealed?
If GameStop is to be believed, Harmonix's next will cost about what we expected.
by Daemon Hatfield

July 23, 2007 - Ever since Harmonix announced Rock Band, speculation has run rampant as to how much the game and instruments would cost. Retailers such as GameStop and Amazon have begun taking pre-orders for the band simulator, and they list SKUs for a bundle as well as each instrument sold separately. If the bundle price of $199.99 is accurate it will be right in line with what most of us were expecting.

The standalone game disc is listed for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as $59.99. The drums are going for $80 and the microphone for $30. Strangely, the 360 version of the wireless guitar is listed as $80, while the PS3 guitar is $60.

Electronic Arts has confirmed that the guitar from the 360 version of Guitar Hero 2 will work with Rock Band, and you can also use your Xbox Live headset as your microphone. So the only new peripheral 360 owners will definitely have to buy will be the drum set.

GameStop says Rock Band will be released November 20. Of course, retailers often list preliminary price and release dates for games in order to begin taking pre-orders, and we'll have to wait for the official announcement from EA to know the final information. But it's looking likely that Rock Band will set us back two Benjamins.

Ainokeatoo
07-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Aha... ahahaha... Yeah right i'd rather buy another xbox.

Highlite23
07-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Can anyone say, STEEL BATTALION? :yikes:

CrazyCougar
07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
The $200 price tag is rumor, not fact. EB has no idea what it will be listed at. They listed a price just like they did for the Halo 3 Legendary edition. And they were completely wrong that time, and probably will be this time.

FatBox
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM
I knew this was going to happen. I'll probably only buy the drum set part because it looks like the most fun.

Variation-XBA
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Yay, lets flag rumors as fact!

Wait to hear the official word guys before freaking out. You don't have to buy ALL of the instruments remember.

Slowride
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Doesn't the GH guitar work with this? Thats what I heard atleast.

Variation-XBA
07-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Doesn't the GH guitar work with this? Thats what I heard atleast.

Yes, but your going to want a Rock Band guitar for the extra 5 buttons lower on the neck for awesome guitar solos! :cool:

Variation-XBA
07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
$200 price is confirmed as RUMOR, not fact still:

While many retailers have long begun cranking up their pre-order engines for Electronic Arts' Rock Band, created by Harmonix, customers have been wondering how much they'd have to pay to grab the game and the whole set of peripherals that would accompany it. Pre-order prices taps the price tag to US$ 199.99 for the complete package, reports Eurogamer, although EA claimed that the prices are a result of "pure speculation."

While still tagged as a rumor, more retail chains have set a US$ 80 tag on the Xbox 360 Wireless Guitar peripheral, and still consistent with our first report, it's US$ 20 more than the PlayStation 3 equivalent. A single copy of Rock Band is still priced at US$ 60, microphone at US$ 30, and the drum set for US$ 80.

But as with all retail chains, placeholder prices are often preempted before the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) could even be substantiated. They push through with the estimated prices anyway just to ensure that major chains can begin accepting pre-orders while demand for the game is at an all-time high.

Electronic Arts has yet to confirm the true prices for the peripherals, while speculations still exist that the placeholder prices will remain true come release day, pegged at November. Price changes aren't totally ruled out, however, since Harmonix has assured that the peripherals will remain budget friendly.

Reclaimer
07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I'll buy it. Screw the guitars. I have two GH2 guitars already, so theres my lead and bass. I'll get the drums and use the XBL mic to sing if I must.

I'm really excited about this game.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2007, 01:33 AM
I'll buy it. Screw the guitars. I have two GH2 guitars already, so theres my lead and bass.

Rock band guitars have 5 more keys near the bottom of the neck for solos (My guess is they are just the same keys, mimic'd to give that solo feel). How this is incorporated or really differs I don't know. Since you CAN use your GH2 controllers, that'll be fine as well should you choose.

Reclaimer
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Rock band guitars have 5 more keys near the bottom of the neck for solos (My guess is they are just the same keys, mimic'd to give that solo feel). How this is incorporated or really differs I don't know. Since you CAN use your GH2 controllers, that'll be fine as well should you choose.

Yeah, this edition of Game Informer has a big article on Rock Band and it shows pictures of the Fender Stratocaster guitar models and it shows a rendering of the drum set. The drum set looks just like an electronic tom-tom panel.

Either way, if I can save some money by using the GH2 guitars, so be it. I won't care about missing out on playing the same 5 notes higher on the neck.

Bakeman
07-30-2007, 03:17 AM
if I remember correctly those extra 5 keys lower on the neck will be used for solos and you won't have to strum, just finger tap..

Variation-XBA
07-30-2007, 11:40 PM
if I remember correctly those extra 5 keys lower on the neck will be used for solos and you won't have to strum, just finger tap..

Correct sir! Just like now how you can combo with just tapping when the circles are white.

l Maximus l
08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I'll admit it, but, last weekend was the first time I have ever seen Guitar Hero...it was Guitar Hero II. I'll have to say that at first glance, when seeing the guitar, I thought it was cheesy. Then, the game popped up...and the dude that brought the game over to this birthday party we were at started playing. The game definitely got my attention...and there was some cool songs on there, too.

The guy playing was pretty good, too...then I gave it a shot - started on something easy...I got the feeling down...then as time went on, I got a lot better and then I got even better. What I thought was a cheesy game actually ended up having me addicted!

I can see this being a better party game than anything else, but, I could easily see myself playing this game all by myself, too. We had a freakin' blast. I can only imagine how Rock Band is going to be...it sounds pretty hardcore. I'm still a Guitar player in embryo here, so, that may be going too hardcore for this FPS and Racing gamer...but, time will tell.

I didn't even give Rock Band a second thought, but, I may have to now!

Bakeman
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I'll admit it, but, last weekend was the first time I have ever seen Guitar Hero...it was Guitar Hero II. I'll have to say that at first glance, when seeing the guitar, I thought it was cheesy. Then, the game popped up...and the dude that brought the game over to this birthday party we were at started playing. The game definitely got my attention...and there was some cool songs on there, too.

The guy playing was pretty good, too...then I gave it a shot - started on something easy...I got the feeling down...then as time went on, I got a lot better and then I got even better. What I thought was a cheesy game actually ended up having me addicted!

I can see this being a better party game than anything else, but, I could easily see myself playing this game all by myself, too. We had a freakin' blast. I can only imagine how Rock Band is going to be...it sounds pretty hardcore. I'm still a Guitar player in embryo here, so, that may be going too hardcore for this FPS and Racing gamer...but, time will tell.

I didn't even give Rock Band a second thought, but, I may have to now!

I was kinda the same way... I was like "Guitar Hero..... LAAAAAAMEEEEE!!!!" Then one day back in December a friend of mine picked it up at Circuit City and asked me to try it.. and I was addicted.