PDA

View Full Version : RSV update, new ranks and possible new weapons?

Ainokeatoo
07-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't know if anyone can confirm this but there is much speculation going on as to ubisoft updating with another new rank and possible new weapons. I was told it was on the ubisoft rsv website but could not find anything, any rainbow six vegas players know anything about this that can confirm the nature of this rumor?

Shawn-XBA
07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
No official word yet, but Ubisoft stated that no more ranks would be added and there was a little to no chance of any new weapons being added.

Ainokeatoo
07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
No official word yet, but Ubisoft stated that no more ranks would be added and there was a little to no chance of any new weapons being added.

Thats what I overheard as well after the launch of the latest pack, which is why I speculate upon this, they had said they weren't going to make new ranks or guns or add any gamer points to the game like obilivion, crackdown, and what not.

Conchord
07-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I am so glad I spent 60 on this game and built up my rank, only to have it reset when Vegas 2 comes out.

I also heard someone say yesterday that they are going to reset all ranks below Captain, but that didn't make much sense to me... why would they reset the lower ranks? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Whisper
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
christ christ christ.. being a vegas player to the bone, I am tired of hearing this.. every god damn game someone asks about this ****, it is getting more annoying than the old line "ARE WE GONNA DO THE GLITCH?"

there will be no more new maps - fact
there will be no added weapons or gadgets - fact
they will not be resetting the ranks - fact
ubisoft has said all of the above - fact
ubisoft has said the below - fact
there may be new patches in the future, but only to repair issues - fact
they will not fix "wall glitching", it cannot be fixed - fact

mattgame
07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I need my RSV back. Anyone here got 60 bucks I can borrow?

Ainokeatoo
07-31-2007, 06:27 AM
christ christ christ.. being a vegas player to the bone, I am tired of hearing this.. every god damn game someone asks about this ****, it is getting more annoying than the old line "ARE WE GONNA DO THE GLITCH?"

there will be no more new maps - fact
there will be no added weapons or gadgets - fact
they will not be resetting the ranks - fact
ubisoft has said all of the above - fact
ubisoft has said the below - fact
there may be new patches in the future, but only to repair issues - fact
they will not fix "wall glitching", it cannot be fixed - fact

What the hell? Wrong place? xD I don't think anyone mentioned glitches X.x"

And matt I'll loan ya sixty, let me fed-ex you a dollar at a time ^^

Whisper
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
those are answers to questions that I hear nearly every day, the answers have been available for a long time through ubisoft.. so I thought I might as well post them here, because if these questions start popping up here at the frequency they do in the game and on their site, I will blow my ****ing brains out.

wulkar
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for clearing that up whisper.

Whisper
07-31-2007, 12:25 PM
no problem, it's very annoying

on the vegas board you are guaranteed 1 thread a day asking "are there going to be new weapons?"

and you are guaranteed 1 thread every 2 days asking "WTF I JUST HEARD THEY'RE RESETTING OUR RANKS"

meanwhile, both questions are bolded in their faq thread which is stickied.