* "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
* "School's Out" – Alice Cooper
* "She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
* "Slow Ride" – Foghat
* "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
* "Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
* "Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses

I mean, there are some good ones in there, but really

They have the Blue Oyster Cult, but no Burnin for You or Dont Fear the Reaper. They got Metallica, but no Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets, They Got School's Out, cant complain about that, got Welcome to the Jungle, cant complain about that. La Grange, ditto. Iron Maiden, needs more songs.

Although so far this lineup looks good, I will be very disappointed if they don't add more true classics like Dont Fear the Reaper and Enter Sandman

FatBox
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Too many metal songs, they need to add more 60's and 70's songs.

l Maximus l
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
With XBox Live, the sky is the limit. I actually played Guitar Hero II for the first time last weekend and I found myself completely addicted to the game. At first glance, I thought it was going to be extremely cheesy (I've never seen it live before - yeah, I'll admit it), but, after playing with the game, I freakin' loved it!

With this new one and the fact that there are going to be XBox Live downloadable content, the sky is the limit. Personally, I think the song selection is great...couple that with more downloadable content and the game should be solid. I may actually have to pick this game up...we had a blast with it at a birthday party that we went to...I was amazed how great of a party game this makes.

I throw a lot of parties at my house, so, this game could be awesome on my 55" Plasma TV that I have in my living room (not my formal living room). Then again, I don't know if people will want to go home at the end of the night! :D

FatBox
08-07-2007, 07:05 PM
With XBox Live, the sky is the limit. I actually played Guitar Hero II for the first time last weekend and I found myself completely addicted to the game. At first glance, I thought it was going to be extremely cheesy (I've never seen it live before - yeah, I'll admit it), but, after playing with the game, I freakin' loved it!

With this new one and the fact that there are going to be XBox Live downloadable content, the sky is the limit. Personally, I think the song selection is great...couple that with more downloadable content and the game should be solid. I may actually have to pick this game up...we had a blast with it at a birthday party that we went to...I was amazed how great of a party game this makes.

I throw a lot of parties at my house, so, this game could be awesome on my 55" Plasma TV that I have in my living room (not my formal living room). Then again, I don't know if people will want to go home at the end of the night! :D

There is already downloadable songs for GH2 but they cost money which I think is stupid.

l Maximus l
08-07-2007, 07:22 PM
There is already downloadable songs for GH2 but they cost money which I think is stupid.

Really? How much are they? Do they sell them in a bundle or is it on an individual basis?

Variation-XBA
08-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Yea, cause developer time should be free and licensing doesn't cost anything. (Master tracks for GH3/RB)

Really? How much are they? Do they sell them in a bundle or is it on an individual basis?

500points for 3 songs, there's 4 packs out. 2 are good, other 2 are soso and some stuff from GH1.

* "3's and 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
* "Lay Down" – Priestess
* "Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
* "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys

Buying it for those song specificially so far. Listen to Priestess if you haben't yet, AMAZING Canadian band :D

ll Mista GT ll
08-08-2007, 08:51 AM
So whens this comming out for 360?

Variation-XBA
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
So whens this comming out for 360?

Set for the end of October so far, trying to squeak in before Rock Band hits.

TheCovenant
08-12-2007, 04:34 PM
HEEEEY misss mrder can I? heeeyyy misss murder can I? mmaaaaaaaake beauty stay if i TAKE MY LIFE......whoawhoawhoa:cool:

i <3 AFI. also, 3 and 7's,paint it black, sabotage, and of course KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA =)

Slowride
08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
The soundtrack, known to date, is as follows. Tracks listed in bold denotes it being a master track.

* "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" – Blue Öyster Cult[7]
* "Enter Sandman" – Metallica[19]
* "Go with the Flow" – Queens of the Stone Age[19]
* "In Bloom" – Nirvana[11]
* "Learn To Fly" – Foo Fighters[19]
* "Main Offender" – The Hives[7]
* "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain[7]
* "Paranoid" – Black Sabbath[11]
* "Reptilia" – The Strokes[19]
* "Rockaway Beach" – The Ramones[19]
* "Say It Ain't So" – Weezer[11]
* "Suffragette City" – David Bowie[7]
* "Tom Sawyer" – Rush[19]
* "Vasoline" – Stone Temple Pilots[19]
* "Wanted Dead or Alive" – Bon Jovi[19]
* "Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who[11]

Additionally, the game will support downloadable tracks, including full albums. Users can download the albums in their entirety or on a track-by-track basis.[20] The first of these will be Who's Next by The Who, which will be made available shortly after the game's release.[19] Other Metallica tracks will be made available for download, as well.[21] GamePro magazine has claimed that Nirvana's Nevermind would be an album download,[22], but in light of this news, Sean Baptiste of Harmonix has stated that the only confirmed Nirvana song for Rock Band is "In Bloom".[23] Every subsequent week after Rock Band's release, there will be new downloadable content.

--wiki

'nuff said for me.

TheCovenant
08-14-2007, 03:39 AM
The soundtrack, known to date, is as follows. Tracks listed in bold denotes it being a master track.

* "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" – Blue Öyster Cult[7]
* "Enter Sandman" – Metallica[19]
* "Go with the Flow" – Queens of the Stone Age[19]
* "In Bloom" – Nirvana[11]
* "Learn To Fly" – Foo Fighters[19]
* "Main Offender" – The Hives[7]
* "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain[7]
* "Paranoid" – Black Sabbath[11]
* "Reptilia" – The Strokes[19]
* "Rockaway Beach" – The Ramones[19]
* "Say It Ain't So" – Weezer[11]
* "Suffragette City" – David Bowie[7]
* "Tom Sawyer" – Rush[19]
* "Vasoline" – Stone Temple Pilots[19]
* "Wanted Dead or Alive" – Bon Jovi[19]
* "Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who[11]

Additionally, the game will support downloadable tracks, including full albums. Users can download the albums in their entirety or on a track-by-track basis.[20] The first of these will be Who's Next by The Who, which will be made available shortly after the game's release.[19] Other Metallica tracks will be made available for download, as well.[21] GamePro magazine has claimed that Nirvana's Nevermind would be an album download,[22], but in light of this news, Sean Baptiste of Harmonix has stated that the only confirmed Nirvana song for Rock Band is "In Bloom".[23] Every subsequent week after Rock Band's release, there will be new downloadable content.

--wiki

'nuff said for me.

i thought this thread was for gh3, not rock band.....??:confused:

Slowride
08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Since it's the only direct competition I figured it was relevant.