PDA

View Full Version : The Offical Stranglehold Demo Thread

Nato King
08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Now you know I like to talk about things I like and I must say that John woo Presents Stranglehold is a game I like. The Demo which came out today is by far the best demo I have seen for a game.
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/832085b.jpg

This game has the most Destructible Environments I have ever seen at one point in the demo I was just standing around shooting any and everything and everything was destructible.

The Intense cinematic gun battle a big two thumbs up. The unique Teuila bomb moves. Which I must say that Precision Aim is on of the best.

Also check out the front page where I put up 6 cool things to do in the Stranglehold demo.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=8478

If i was to give this demo out of 10 I would give it 9 out of 10.

Please post here and tell me what you think of the demo and if you are getting or not getting the game. Just for the recorde I am getting this game for sure.

Serg_w-xba

Reclaimer
08-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm downloading it right now, albeit slowly.

I can't wait.. some time this century.. I'll get to play it. Christ, it's 1:30am and I have a 5mb down connection and it's crawling.

Slacker
08-09-2007, 01:40 AM
I downloaded it and played it, It was much better than I thought it would be , I see allot of replay value on this demo , and probably in the final release as well, I really enjoyed the multiple combat options , and I can see that multiplayer will be amazing, also the preview vid at the end of the demo showed allot more awesome gameplay ,, I am excited about this game

Nato King
08-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I downloaded it and played it, It was much better than I thought it would be , I see allot of replay value on this demo , and probably in the final release as well, I really enjoyed the multiple combat options , and I can see that multiplayer will be amazing, also the preview vid at the end of the demo showed allot more awesome gameplay ,, I am excited about this game

See I told you guys it's a good game. Reclaimer I am sorry to here about your slow download but I was in that same boat when i was downloading. I started 6am in the morning and it didn't stop downloading until 4pm that afternoon almost 12 hours but it's sure was worth the wait.

addict
08-09-2007, 08:04 AM
ive been waiting for this so long im not even going to download the demo. straight to buy

Shawn-XBA
08-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Pretty good game, a lot better than I thought it would be. I really like the slow-mo and precision aiming. The destructible environments are awesome, still not a must have game at $60 but will defiantly pick it up when it hits $40.

I give the demo a 8.6/10

addict
08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
It is AWESOMER than i thoughted

wulkar
08-09-2007, 07:15 PM
this game....gets my seal of approval.

demo was great, i loved it, took no time at all to get used to the controls. i love it. it is a must buy for me.

Variation-XBA
08-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I too give the demo a 9.

It totally gave the old feeling of Max Payne that's been missing, but it definetly has John Woo's touch. It's like being in one of his movies, and if the demo gives the feeling of that, they are doing something right, can't wait to play the rest of it.

I think I've played through it a few times, just killing guys different ways with the destructible environments and running up/sliding down rails is AWESOME!

Can't come soon enough.

addict
08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
when is it going to be releasededededed

Variation-XBA
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
when is it going to be releasededededed

Set for Aug 27th, so very soon as it's looking completish. I don't recall seeing it going gold, but I could just be forgetting.

Reclaimer
08-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Bad ass. Though I thought it was retarded to have to keep replaying it to unlock the other Tequila Bombs, however its a pretty neat way to make you notice the game.

I love the barrage mode with the shotgun. This game plays out in such John Woo style, it's amazing. All the crazy **** you can do like jumping backwards off the walls, surfing carts on your chest while shooting people, barrel rolling across the ground.

This will be a cool game.

Nato King
08-11-2007, 04:50 AM
yep this game is going to be hot.

The people over at gamerscore blog thinks so too.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/08/10/552561.aspx

Ainokeatoo
08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
LMFAO I was wondering what this game was when half my friends that were on were playing it xD it's actually quite fun and I might want to get it lol

Nato King
08-11-2007, 09:27 AM
LMFAO I was wondering what this game was when half my friends that were on were playing it xD it's actually quite fun and I might want to get it lol

Might want to get it. I think you need to play just a little bit more. So that might turns to a Will get. hahaha But I am glad you like it.

Conchord
08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I read the words Max Payne and tears began to fall... man, I miss those games.

Variation-XBA
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I read the words Max Payne and tears began to fall... man, I miss those games.

Amen.

I know they "finished" the Max Payne story line with 3, but wow, after playing this, I really want another (after I'm done completely with Stranglehold ofcourse) :)

Nato King
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Even IGN had a nice write up about the demo

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812161p1.html

Conchord
08-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Amen.

I know they "finished" the Max Payne story line with 3, but wow, after playing this, I really want another (after I'm done completely with Stranglehold ofcourse) :)Wait, there was a Max Payne 3?!?!?!

I thought the Fall of Max Payne was the last one! OMFG!

Variation-XBA
08-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Wait, there was a Max Payne 3?!?!?!

I thought the Fall of Max Payne was the last one! OMFG!

Oops, wrong key + wishfull thinking! Yes, I meant 2 :P

Ainokeatoo
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Might want to get it. I think you need to play just a little bit more. So that might turns to a Will get. hahaha But I am glad you like it.

lol Nah I might get it, i'm still looking to get halo 3 naruto and what I have knowledge of, huxley is coming out this fall... I dunno how reliable my friend is about huxley coming out but if it does imma get it x.x

mattgame
08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
The demo has to be the best demo I have ever played! Wow, I have to get it somehow............

Variation-XBA
08-12-2007, 06:56 PM
what I have knowledge of, huxley is coming out this fall... I dunno how reliable my friend is about huxley coming out but if it does imma get it x.x

Guarantee it's not this year. Beta hasn't even been announced (as in a date) and MMO's need a thorough testing pre-launch.

Ainokeatoo
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Guarantee it's not this year. Beta hasn't even been announced (as in a date) and MMO's need a thorough testing pre-launch.

Ah really? That sucks well that's an open sixty bucks i'll have to spend I guess i'll get strangle hold then ^^ xD I wonder if it'll be an open beta...

Variation-XBA
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
I wonder if it'll be an open beta...

Worst case I'm sure they'll do a stress test for a few days, if that kinda counts as an open beta

mattgame
08-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Oh my bad, I thought this was about Stranglehold.............................:moody: