PDA

View Full Version : Overheating?

Pathogen
08-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I was reading on the net that if you place your 360 horizontally and raise it up on blocks, it'll allow the bottom vents to breathe better. Any other cheap cooling advice? I also have it in a well ventilated place on my entertainment stand.

It's a 360 Elite....not sure if they have the same overheating problem. :confused:

l Maximus l
08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I've never had any problems with my XBox 360...not overheating and nothing else...and I have a launch 360.

Variation-XBA
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I've yet to have any problems with my Elite, so... *knock on wood*

People will have it either way and tell you it's fine, or that the other way is bad for it. It's meant for either, some people are lucky one way, some are the other.

I personally have mine horizontal, cause I'm old school like that :p

Nato King
08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I got a launch 360 and it over heated about a year in. I got another one and that too over hearted about a year in. So now I get a fan and trun it so it can blow on my xbox360 giving it extra cooling. haven't had a problem since. (knock on wood.)

addict
08-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I have been keeping mine unpluged when not in use. but when i do use it i put it on my bed, it gets relly HOT butt i dont have any problems

i have a replacement 360 sent from MS

SnoochyBoochy
08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
how much have they improved on the cooling system in the elites and new pro systems as compared to release consoles?

Variation-XBA
08-11-2007, 02:41 AM
how much have they improved on the cooling system in the elites and new pro systems as compared to release consoles?

My elite doesn't SEEM as loud or as hot, but it's all just opinion as I have no hard numbers for you.