PDA

View Full Version : Profile Help ?

parkie007
08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Hello, cheers in advance....

I have an xbox 360, and just went online with it...

I had a profile set up before I went online that I used for all my games etc.... Can I use this same profile to go online (live) or do I have to set up a new account?

Cheers once again for your help...

wulkar
08-10-2007, 11:21 AM
you can upgrade the profile from a silver to a gold account.

Variation-XBA
08-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Yup, it'll migrate easily and you don't have to change a thing. Keep your achievement points too! :hump:

parkie007
08-11-2007, 02:13 PM
cheers, what if i have already signed up with a new account, can i delete this and upgrade my original profile to gold with the pass i bought for 12 months ? Cheers

Variation-XBA
08-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Yea, you can delete profiles whenever you want. Should you want to get it back at anytime you can do an account recovery.

parkie007
08-11-2007, 04:28 PM
so would you suggest I delete my new profile, and keep the one i use for every game i play? will all my achievements etc.... then be carried over on the online gaming? How do i upgrade my old profile to the gold online and delete the new one i created for online? cheers for you help...

Variation-XBA
08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Might as well delete it if you're never going to use it, and you want the new one to be your Gamertag. Any achievements you get on your new profile will carry over yes. Anything you play on either tag, stay with that tag.

Either profile, just connect to LIVE and if you don't have a gold account, it'll prompt you to sign up and such. This is where you enter a credit card or a game card you go buy in the stores.

Voila, you are one of the millions of community members of LIVE. See you on Halo :)

parkie007
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Okay so this is RUBBISH!!! Any Suggestions .... ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ?

Because I created a new profile when I signed up to Live, and entered my hotmail account as my live ID, when I realized that I had done this and I could not carry all my gamer info onto my live account, I called them... I cant use my e mail with my original account know as it is resisted with the new account I made by mistake... I have to pay for a new subscription and make a new e mail if I want to use my original x box profile... ANY IDEAS!!!! ? ? ?

Variation-XBA
08-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Um.... each LIVE account = new email. That's how its done.

Dont know why you are having so much trouble with this, it's pretty basic

Ainokeatoo
08-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Okay so this is RUBBISH!!! Any Suggestions .... ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ?

Because I created a new profile when I signed up to Live, and entered my hotmail account as my live ID, when I realized that I had done this and I could not carry all my gamer info onto my live account, I called them... I cant use my e mail with my original account know as it is resisted with the new account I made by mistake... I have to pay for a new subscription and make a new e mail if I want to use my original x box profile... ANY IDEAS!!!! ? ? ?

WHAT THE ****? Here simple, is it by any chance your other account that you deleted was your gold account? Why not make a new e-mail address? I really don't understand what you're trying to say... Is it that you ****ed up with the e-mail? Or what? If it's just the e-mail make a new one.