I mean it was absolute praise!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p3.html

CarGuy
08-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Jesus.. IGN!?!?

Edit: IGN!?!?!??!?!

l Maximus l
08-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Dude...Mattgame! It's unlike you to not post the first page!

Here is where the review starts: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p1.html

DOH!!! (to Mattgame)

Variation-XBA
08-17-2007, 02:16 AM
This is an essential gaming experience.

YES! :hail:

YURDAMASTA
08-17-2007, 03:22 AM
BioShock had already made us physically gape several times by this stage, but here our mouths fell open and stayed open, only widening further as the scene became more extraordinary with every passing second. We're going to suggest to Irrational that they patch the game to activate the player’s webcam at this moment, because the gormless visages it elicits must be hilarious.

Again, it’s BioShock smartly exploiting its status as a game for a psychological sting. That single scene casts the whole game in a new light, even your own actions within it. Irrational have somehow become such masters of game storytelling that they can toy with the very process, mock it, and bend it to their will.

So that moment, the dark contortions of the plot at large, is the third and final triumph that makes BioShock an instant classic. But it also precedes the third and final problem. This is a short sequence, and not a very difficult one, but its mediocrity is hard to stomach because of when it occurs. It’s the end. After a game so singularly smart and beautiful that it makes others seem laughable, we get a final level that could have been pulled straight from the tripe BioShock puts to shame elsewhere. It doesn’t negate how wonderful the preceding experience has been, but it does rather spoil the mood.

Regardless, BioShock is a dark and astonishing masterpiece. It might not be as flawless as Half-Life 2, but it bites off so much more and accomplishes it all magnificently. Even if you’ve soaked up every preview and trailer with relish, you haven’t scratched the surface of how deep this unsettling meditation on hubris and insanity actually goes. If it were just a thrilling ride through a twisted and remarkable plot, BioShock would eventually get old. But there’s a physicality and openness to its richly systematic combat that suggests it’ll stay fresh for a very long time.

This is the really bewildering thing about it: it succeeds so stunningly on three different fronts. Not esoteric ones, either, these are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades: narrative, emergence, a sense of place. If another game did just one of these as well as BioShock, it would immediately qualify as a classic. When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful.

YOU WILL LOVE
Captivating story
Much variety in combat
All the Plasmids

YOU WILL HATE
At one point it ends
No Little Sister aftermath
Final level coulda gave more

10/10

most of the scores on other site scored it 9.8 up to 10.
:cheers:
Imagine if the other big games comming to Xbox 360 score this high!

Mass Effect
Halo 3
Assassin's Creed
COD4
Lost Odyssey

thats 6 must have games before the end of the year at least... some people want other games like GH 3, Rock band, Eternal Sonata ect...continue into 2008 with Too Human, GTA4, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Alan Wake and hopefully Resident Evil 5 and who knows Ninja Gaiden 2, Huxley, Age of Conan.

Variation-XBA
08-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Imagine if the other big games comming to Xbox 360 score this high!

Mass Effect
Halo 3
Assassin's Creed
COD4
Lost Odyssey

thats 6 must have games before the end of the year at least... some people want other games like GH 3, Rock band, Eternal Sonata ect...continue into 2008 with Too Human, GTA4, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Alan Wake and hopefully Resident Evil 5 and who knows Ninja Gaiden 2, Huxley, Age of Conan.

Don't forget Burnout Paradise as well next year! (Sooooo can't wait)

Yup, we have a LOT to look forward to, it's just gunna be trying to fit in time for everyone and funding it.

mattgame
08-17-2007, 06:14 AM
And some here thought the demo sucked?

Sorry guys with the last page thingie, I was so excited I rushed the post!:D

Change of plans for me, I was going to wait a week to get it after it came out. Now it's a must buy.

Here's some opinions, see Wasabi

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80687

Doh!!

CrazyCougar
08-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I personally still have no interest in this game. Visually the water effects were great and all, but I just didnt get excited about the game while playing the demo. Rental for me, but too many other good games coming out to waste time drooling over this one.

mattgame
08-17-2007, 07:56 AM
I think the only problem with this game being the hit it deserves is the fact that it's different. You know the masses goes for the norm, the "in" so to speak. We will spend millions on sequels, and same old formulas, but when someone really gets creative we are afraid to give it a shot. I loved the demo, the scores confirm my thoughts, I preordered it and I will get it and play probably one of the greatest games of all time.:hail:

Lemon
08-17-2007, 09:34 AM
is this the game where you throw a little girl around?

i saw a commercial last night and i was like 'wtf is going on?'

Variation-XBA
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
is this the game where you throw a little girl around?

i saw a commercial last night and i was like 'wtf is going on?'

It's that commercial yes, but go look at some trailers/gameplay vids.

ChessPieceFace
08-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I really liked the Demo. Even my wife sat there and watched me play it, because she like creepy movie type stuff. But for only 20-25 hours of game play a rental will be my choice, only because of the length of time on the campaign. I do understand that the time played will be a sweet 20 hours tho.

wulkar
08-18-2007, 03:16 PM
im still not going to get it. a good score just means that the reveiwer liked it. i dont like the atmosphere of this game.

ChessPieceFace
08-18-2007, 03:34 PM
im still not going to get it. a good score just means that the reveiwer liked it. i dont like the atmosphere of this game.

Oh come on Wulkar , what about a Dungeon crawl in D&D same type of thing

TheCovenant
08-19-2007, 06:01 PM
yessssss. im there like swim wear

CuartoDePuto
08-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Already picked this up, the game is awesome. I would not be surprised if it were the game of the year.

predatorprime
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Has anyone played it...
My 360 died as I was downloading the demo... :crying:
I wanted to try it and Katamari Damacy....

mattgame
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Already picked this up, the game is awesome. I would not be surprised if it were the game of the year.

Oh my, what about the detractors here, what would you say to them?

CuartoDePuto
08-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Oh my, what about the detractors here, what would you say to them?

What do the detractors say? The storyline is awesome, game is immersive and the graphics are really good. This will definitely be in the running for game of the year. All the reviews and user scores are really high too

CrazyCougar
08-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Why would this game be up for Game of the Year??? Not a bad game, but I dont think it deserves the high 9's and 10's it is getting. Yes the graphics are great, and it has a decent storyline. But what makes that different from other games that have come and gone with good graphics and good storylines.

This game doesnt hold a candle to the likes of powerhouses like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, and Assassins Creed. Also, while I am not a GoW fanatic, I would have to say that I appreciated GoW more than this game.

For me, its worth a rental and thats it. Not worth $60. I am sure there are folks out there that will die for this game, and thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.