PDA

View Full Version : Question about the warranty

Holt88
08-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't get the warranty from MS when I purchased the system, I believe I had to fill it out the next day or it couldn't be a week after so I was screwed but I heard they extended the 90 day warranty to 3 years? So am I covered?

The reason why I am asking is because I happend to pause Madden 08, 2 times for about 15 mins each and I would come back, hike the ball, get tackled and it would freeze or right at the end of the game with the Sprint screen showing the replays it would freeze. It seems to happen only on this game and I cleared the system cache.

I wonder if my system is getting too hot or something in my room,.....didn't happen in the living room.. :confused:

wulkar
08-18-2007, 07:27 PM
sounds more like the game then the system if its just on madden

Holt88
08-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Not so sure lol. I just really want to find out if all of them are covered under this 3 year warranty, who is and isn't.

CrazyCougar
08-18-2007, 10:14 PM
The 3 year warranty ONLY covers the "Flashing Three Red Lights" error. Does not cover any other technical issues.

Other than that, all warranty information remains the same. It is still a 90 day warranty out of box for system repairs other than the 3 red lights, unless you purchased an extended warranty.

Variation-XBA
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
The 3 year warranty ONLY covers the "Flashing Three Red Lights" error. Does not cover any other technical issues.

Other than that, all warranty information remains the same. It is still a 90 day warranty out of box for system repairs other than the 3 red lights, unless you purchased an extended warranty.

No, it's a year for repairs not 90 days. That was the change last xmas.

Shawn-XBA
08-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Here's the warranty information from Xbox.com:

LIMITED WARRANTY
The term "Xbox Product" means, depending on the context below, either: (i) the Microsoft Xbox 360™ Video Game System console including (when considered as a whole) the Microsoft software stored on the separate Xbox 360 hard disk and/or embedded in microprocessors within the Xbox 360 console ("Console"), or (ii) Microsoft branded Xbox 360-compatible hardware accessories manufactured by or for Microsoft, whether included with the Console or purchased separately ("Accessories"). The term "Warranty Period" means: (i) as applied to the Console, a period of one year (three years for conditions that cause three lights on the ring of light on the front of the Console to flash red) starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Console, or (ii) as applied to an Accessory, a period of 90 days starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).

A. WARRANTIES

One Year Express Warranty on Console (Three Years for Three Lights Flashing Red). Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox® Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.
90 Day Express Warranty on Accessories. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Accessory will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console or Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).
Implied Warranty. You may also have an implied warranty and/or condition under the laws of some jurisdictions, which is hereby limited to the duration of the Warranty Period. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty or condition lasts, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.However, I think it may be the Madden 08 disk. If thats the only game your are having a problem with than it is likely that it is the disk. I had a similar problem with the Madden 07 disk, haven't had a problem with 08 yet, knock on wood.