PDA

View Full Version : What I think will be the best RPG's...

YURDAMASTA
09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
:hump:

This is my opinion of what will be the best from first to last...
{gonna put a *** behind ones I think will be the best AAA tiiles}

Out Now from best the worst...

Oblivion~Above Average***AAA
Marvel Alliance~ Above Average***AAA
Blue Dragon~Average
Enchanted Arms~Average
Two Worlds~ pissed a lot of people off

Uncomming single player RPG's
Mass Effect***AAA~ three part saga
Fable 2***AAA
Infinite Undiscovery***AAA
Lost Odyssey***AAA
Eternal Sonata
Cry On
Last Remnant
The Embrace of time
Far East of Eden~ look very bad so far

these are Action/RPGs more action than RPG

out now~
Bioshock~Greatness***AAA

upcomming~ more action than RPG
Fallout 3***AAA
Too Human***AAA
Percursors***AAA
Boarderland***AAA
Rise of the Arganuats
Dark Messiah
Elveon
Dungeon Hero

MMORPG's/ and multi-player online RPG's
OUT NOW~
PSU~ expansion comming ***Addictive
FFXI***Addictive

Upcomming Online RPG's
Marvel Online***AAA
The Secret World***AAA
Big Huge games RPG
Sacred 2***AAA
Age of Conan~ has potential
APB
Mist Walkers MMO
Sakaguchi's MMO
Cryptic MMO

there are quite a few rumored and unconfirmed for 360
KOTOR 3
War Hammer Online
Alien
Ancient World Online
Gothic IV

YURDAMASTA
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
This is the one that has me the most hyped right now!
:hail:
Infinite Undiscovery

Infinite Undiscovery has been in the works for a long time. "The framework itself has been cooking from far back," explained Gota. "Probably over 10 years ago. I've thought about making it into a game many times in the past, but there were hardware limitations and other hurdles, so this was unable to be realized. This time, we started off with the thought that the Xbox 360 would be able to realize our plans."

So what exactly is this great plan that Gota has been holding back all this time? "It's a framework that began with some doubts I've had in the course of making various RPGs. I've gotten the feeling that for the user, playing RPGs has gradually become like work. So, I considered what is the true nature of an RPG. It's the player acting out the role of a character in the virtual world of a game, enjoying the process of worrying and getting lost. I wanted to make a game that pulls on the excitement of a true RPG."

In case you were wondering, Gota is fully aware that "Undiscovery" is not in the standard English dictionary. He shared with Famitsu a detailed breakdown of how starting with "Cover," he got "Discover" by adding "Dis," and then added the "Un." With the two negatives, he feels the word has a certain vagueness about it.

"Discovery is a major key word for this game," he explained.

You'll be doing your discoveries mostly offline. "The game is really a standalone title. However, seeing as how Xbox 360 has Xbox Live, we're thinking about adding something. Nothing is confirmed yet, but we think it would be good if we could do something."

Gota wouldn't give any details on the game's storyline, aside from a single piece of artwork shared with Famitsu, which showed a mysterious temple. This temple will have a connection with the main character's goal, said Gota.

Gameplay details are also scarce at this point. The game will, like most tri-Ace games, feature real-time battles. According to Gota, we can look forward to something that combines the slow thought of standard RPGs with the quick reflexes required of a battle system with time limits, and the strategy of real time gameplay.

The game will also provide a truly seamless transition to battles. "It's possible that when you think you've finished a battle, there'll already be an enemy approaching you right before your eyes." The one screenshot released to Famitsu shows a party of characters facing off against an enemy, with an additional foe seeming to approach from the side.

Development on Infinite Undiscovery is currently at 30%. The game is without a final release date.

:p
latest news
SQUARE TAKES OVER!!!

September 12, 2007 - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today the upcoming release of INFINITE UNDISCOVERY for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY is the newest fantasy RPG developed by tri-Ace Inc. (STAR OCEAN, VALKYRIE PROFILE) for next-generation hardware. Players will be drawn into a real-time world woven of countless threads where their choices will spin untold discoveries. This title, combining the talents of both Square Enix and tri-Ace, will be an unforgettable experience.

DISCOVERY ?? IMPACT
The actions taken by the player with each discovery will have a real-time impact on the world.

Situational Battles
Players will be confronted with a variety of dramatic "situational battles" such as executing a daring escape while a gigantic ogre follows in hot pursuit, or waging battle amidst towering tidal waves. The dynamic environments change and respond in real-time to player commands, creating an entirely new experience never before seen in the genre.

A Seamless World and Real-time Action
Combat, exploration, and other actions all take place within the same environment, seamlessly shifting between each game facet. Battles are carried out in real-time, bringing the vibrant fighting sequences of the STAR OCEAN series out of the traditional battle screen into a beautiful and lush environment

link screenshots~
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/821/821710/imgs_1.html