PDA

View Full Version : Ways to transfer music...

h8uthemost
09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey guys,

I want to get some music onto my 360's hardrive, but I'm not sure what I need to do. I don't want to burn the music to a disc then transfer it to the 360. And I don't really want to hook the 360 up to my computer.

So what could be my options? I was hoping I could just put the music on a flash drive, then stick it into the 360, and transfer it. But the flash drive didn't show up on the 360 anywhere.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how else I can get the music on there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

l Maximus l
09-17-2007, 12:36 AM
I have a Zune and it's easy to transfer music to it that way. That's the only way I've done it. I think the iPod works, too.

h8uthemost
09-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the help. I wonder if I can just download the Zune software and stream straight to my 360.

I gotta get me a Zune though. I'm trying to decide between the Zune and iPod. And I guess the new iPod classics are having some problems.

You liking the Zune? Is the sound quality pretty good?

Thanks for the info.

addict
09-17-2007, 06:44 AM
I think the Zune is the best MP3 player i have ever had (including mp3 cds).

The only thing i dont like is the software. i riped some music form a mp3 cd and it thinks all the songs are from the same album.

Ainokeatoo
09-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Here's a thought.. Either waste money on an MP3 Or hook it up to the computer, or there is one other option.... Go wireless, meaning, use a wireless connection and you can stream without the need of cables or anything... Although half the time I have no idea why it doesn't connect to my computer even though they're both on the same network, and are both on, I even open up windows player and it still don't work. But It's awesome when it does xD

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I think the Zune is the best MP3 player i have ever had (including mp3 cds).

The only thing i dont like is the software. i riped some music form a mp3 cd and it thinks all the songs are from the same album.

this is off-topic i have a mini and ive had it since they came out ... should i invest in a zune or another i pod.... im gonna get ragged on for asking this on this post lol do ur worst lol... but i need some opinions on ipod or zune..

l Maximus l
09-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a Zune and my wife has an iPod. My wife now wishes she had a Zune!

Get this: my wife accidentally wiped out her entire hard-drive that had 250+ songs on it...but, no worries, she simply had to re-download them because they were saved on iTunes...but, this process took 4 hours!

By comparison, when I first got my Zune, I streamed over 250+ songs to it and it only took about 45 seconds or so! Not minutes, but seconds!

Anyway, I also like the bigger screen on the Zune...it just seems that Microsoft made a solid device and improved upon what the iPod was lacking. The only negative thing I can say about the Zune is that the "Marketplace" doesn't feature videos yet....and I say "yet" because they are coming soon, so, that will be much better when that gets a handle on it.

The sound quality is excellent, as expected. What's really nice with the Zune is that it works seemless with Windows and with the 360. Also, when buying "Microsoft Points" for your Zune, they can also apply to your XBox 360; therefore, they are multifunctional points. This makes it great for consumers like us!

So, yeah, I strongly recommend the Zune over iPod. Besides, whenever I carry it around, people are far more interested in hearing about the Zune than iPod because it's newer and not everyone seems to have one yet. So, get a Zune and *Welcome to the Social* :D

h8uthemost
09-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Sweet. Thank you for the info guys.

Thanks for the info on the Zune. I think 30GB is more than enough, and the $199 price tag is excellent. So it looks like I'll get one of these over the iPod.

l Maximus l
09-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, dude...I haven't even dented my 30GB hard drive yet. I have about 300 songs and I figured out a way to put an entire movie on it. I still have over 25GB left!

I don't think I'll ever fill it up...I could also delete a bunch of videos that are pre-loaded on it to free up space if I needed.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but, the Zune also has an FM Transmitter while the iPod doesn't. This makes it nice if you want to listen to the radio. It also has wireless song transfer, which is pretty cool, eventhough I've never used it.

When the wireless mode is turned off, it saves your battery power, so, I usually leave it off. And, speaking of battery power, I have had it on half of a day and I went through half of the battery power...not bad at all, IMO!

I bought the radio frequency add on...it's not cheap - it's $80 but well worth it if your car doesn't have an auxiliary input. (If it does, a simple $4.99 cable will do the trick). But, this peripheral does come with a DC charger to keep it charged in your car. So, well worth the $80. It doesn't come with an AC charger, just a USB cable that you keep it charged with by plugging it into your computer. Because I own a laptop, the peripheral that I bought (the car charger - DC plug - and radio frequency item) makes it worth it.

I'd also like to mention that I use my Zune far more than I thought I would.

h8uthemost
09-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Sweet. The Zune sounds awesome. As long as it has excellent sound quality, then I'll be happy.

I've read a lot of reviews, I guess you can't put a movie on it if it's in MP4 or AVI format? So what format does the movie have to be in for it to run? Ah, I'll figure it all out when I get it. I also read a lot of reviews about the pc software. A lot of people said it sucks, and that it's hard to sync your songs? They probably just didn't know what they were talking about.

Thanks again for the info. I can't wait to get one now.

l Maximus l
09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Sweet. The Zune sounds awesome. As long as it has excellent sound quality, then I'll be happy.

I've read a lot of reviews, I guess you can't put a movie on it if it's in MP4 or AVI format? So what format does the movie have to be in for it to run? Ah, I'll figure it all out when I get it. I also read a lot of reviews about the pc software. A lot of people said it sucks, and that it's hard to sync your songs? They probably just didn't know what they were talking about.

Thanks again for the info. I can't wait to get one now.

The movie has to be in MP4. I simply downloaded a free DVD Decoder called "DVD Decoder" and then I downloaded a free conversion software called "Super". Anyway, Super converts it to MP4 and it transferred over with ease.

As for syncing, I can't believe people said it's hard. It's ridiculously easy!

Do you know that folder you have on Windows called "My Music"? Whatever audio or video files you put into that automatically will sync to your Zune. It's that simple! From there, all you have to do is open up your Zune software, plug in your USB, and it syncs...easy as can be!

Slowride
09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Does anyone have experience transferring music from their ipod to their 360?

l Maximus l
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have experience transferring music from their ipod to their 360?

By the way, congrats on 5K!

Secondly, I've heard of people doing it, but, I haven't seen it done. I guess it's pretty easy.

ShannonX
09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
i'll have to give a thumbs up to zune :) I've had one for awhile now and I still love it. I do not use their market place because I refuse to buy drm'ed music, but other than that, its been great.

As for music on the xbox, i dunno, i've always just streamed from my desktop (wirelessly).