PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 replacements?

predatorprime
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
WARNING Angry Gamer Rant Ahead!

I had the Red Ring come up a couple months ago and had to get my 360 replaced, now my replacement unit that I have had for less than a month is dead. Microsoft needs to deal with this issue, as its annoying that I am now the proud owner of 30 some odd games I can't play because Microsoft is incapable of making a system that doesn't break down it seems.
At this point I'm seriously considering either A) getting the replacement 360... again and selling it, or B) Doing the unthinkable and trading it for a PS3, since atleast that this doesn't die when you play it for 2 hours. I know as 360 fans we should be supportive but I know I'm not the only person that this has happened to. I know that a fairly high profile gamer blog had a replacement unit die about a week after they got, so this isn't a once in a while issue. The problem is that if the fanboys don't say anything that MS doesn't care...I'm about ready at this point to go out west and kick J Allard, Bill Gates, and Peter Moore (who I know is with EA now) collective asses...
Atleast with the PS3 people can't play it cause theres no good games... not like with the 360 where the hardware is a smoldering pile of ****.

There rant done. Hopefully the 360 Tech support guys will give a response soon as I can't even set up the repair request because they haven't fully processed the last one. SEX-TACULAR!

Ainokeatoo
10-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Again, like I say, it really sucks to be you, I repeat this every time, me and some other person have both had our 360's since launch and not a single problem other than freezing has occured to them. :)

CrazyCougar
10-12-2007, 10:07 AM
You are a very small minority because MOSt people have problems with the 360. The first generation of 360's are crap. Only time will tell if the new falcon systems will be any better.

predatorprime
10-12-2007, 10:27 AM
You are a very small minority because MOSt people have problems with the 360. The first generation of 360's are crap. Only time will tell if the new falcon systems will be any better.

The sad part was is I had my first 360 for a year, and the replacement didn't even last a month. The refurb (replacement) units are supposed to have everything in the new 360's except the 65nm chips. I personally don't see how a smaller chip is going to fix their manufacturing issues... MS isn't putting enough effort into making sure that the systems aren't coming out crap. I mean I can sit and play my wii for 8 hours and its cooler than the 360 after 15 minutes... Thats wrong.

Str8 Ballin
10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
About 2 weeks ago I finally got an X-Box 360. I made sure to ask the GameStop employee if I'd get the red ring of death after 20 mins. of play. He said it was one of the newer models and I shouldn't have a problem. The guy looked kinda sketchy, so I needed to run a test to make sure. I got home and placed a small office fan behind the 360, fired it up, and let it sit for about 2 and a half hours. No red ring or anything. So, I'm hoping to never see that damn red ring.

CrazyCougar
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
If there is an HDMI port on your 360 then chances are you have one of the "Falcon" systems. If there is not, then you have a 360 with the original parts and chances are you could see a failure at some point.

Ainokeatoo
10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
About 2 weeks ago I finally got an X-Box 360. I made sure to ask the GameStop employee if I'd get the red ring of death after 20 mins. of play. He said it was one of the newer models and I shouldn't have a problem. The guy looked kinda sketchy, so I needed to run a test to make sure. I got home and placed a small office fan behind the 360, fired it up, and let it sit for about 2 and a half hours. No red ring or anything. So, I'm hoping to never see that damn red ring.

>.> You can't determine which system will fail just by asking, if you bought it new they won't know, they can't look inside to make sure it won't fail. If it was opened you wouldn't have bought it.

l Maximus l
10-12-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure if I have ever shared this before, but, I have a launch 360 and have never had a problem with it before :D

Str8 Ballin
10-12-2007, 10:24 PM
If there is an HDMI port on your 360 then chances are you have one of the "Falcon" systems. If there is not, then you have a 360 with the original parts and chances are you could see a failure at some point.

The employee showed me the ports. He also had 2 360's out back that were taken apart and showed me how the 2 were different. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Kraft
10-15-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm not sure if I have ever shared this before, but, I have a launch 360 and have never had a problem with it before :D

I'm with you maxi. Hell, my launch day original Xbox is still going strong. as is my original NES, SNES... actually I haven't had any system crap out on me yet. *knocks on wood*

predatorprime
10-15-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm with you maxi. Hell, my launch day original Xbox is still going strong. as is my original NES, SNES... actually I haven't had any system crap out on me yet. *knocks on wood*

LOL Pray that you don't. I had to call support on Saturday since they haven't finished processing my first repair...:mad:...anyways, when you call you have to deal with Max the automated assistant. He makes me want to kill things...first of all he doesn't understand anything that you say, and then secondly he is way to happy sounding to be dealing with pissed off people.

On to other news, apparently if your 3rd 360 dies the repair people send you to a different department deal with. I'm assuming its to yell at someone until they give you a new unit.
I figured it was worth noting so those of us that aren't luck bastards know.