PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 08 = Trash!!

mattgame
11-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Has anyone else played this? I mean I hate it! The best part is the gameface but after that the gameplay sucks. No matter what you do when you start out you will be hitting hooks and slices all over the place. And that putting grid is garbage IMO. Links 2009 FTW!!

Discuss

CrazyCougar
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I personally think Tiger 08 = Tiger 07 with the addition of Gameface. I actually did better in 08 with my swinging then I did in 07. I didnt hit nearly the hooks and fades on a normal swing that I would playing 07. It really is a finesses swing, and you MUST pull straight back and go straight forward without any kind of angle. I do still hook it from time to time, but only 1 arrow unless I try to power swing. Then I usually shank the crap out of it.

A suggestion would be to try the 3 click swing. Less chance of shanking if you get your timing down.

BTW....2 courses available for download on the marketplace. Turnberry is free, which it should be cause it was in last years game. Then Doral costs 400 MSP, which I dont think is a terrible price for a course.

mattgame
11-09-2007, 11:18 AM
How was your putting?

CrazyCougar
11-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Sink almost every putt without even really trying. The putting is waaaaaaay to easy.

mattgame
11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Sink almost every putt without even really trying. The putting is waaaaaaay to easy.

What?!?! How do you judge how hard to hit the ball?

Unreal
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I haven't played the game in a month or so. Been busy with other games since. But it is the first Tiger game I have owned. I think its great compared to other years. To each his own. I still have a hard time with the analog hitting and putting.

CrazyCougar
11-10-2007, 01:05 AM
What?!?! How do you judge how hard to hit the ball?

I guess it just come natural. Its all based on the "distance" of your putter in hand. And then any hole less 8 inches above the ball doesnt really require much extra effort, except maybe a little forward spin. Anything over a foot, go up one putter club distance. IE: 45 foot putt....1 foot uphill....use the 60 foot putt with almost a full swing..

Honestly...maybe its just me, but I find the putting EXTREMELY easy and always have in Tiger.30 and 40 foot putts seem to drop for me all the time without much effort or concentration. The only ones I have trouble with are the 3-5 footers with a sharp slope to the left or right.

HINT: Its always easiest to putt from below the hole (if possible) as you can control the speed alot better.

l Maximus l
11-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, it's my B-day on Monday and I'm doing a family thing this weekend. My brother couldn't come tonight, but, stopped by earlier today and bought Tiger '08 for me. I'm actually pretty stoked...I loved '07 and I expect this one to be good as well. I heard that the put camera with '08 only allows you to use it once instead of unlimited in '07.

I also heard that it's easier to shank, too, but, I haven't played it yet. I'll probably jump on later and give a drive (pun completely intentional!)

mattgame
11-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I guess it just come natural. Its all based on the "distance" of your putter in hand. And then any hole less 8 inches above the ball doesnt really require much extra effort, except maybe a little forward spin. Anything over a foot, go up one putter club distance. IE: 45 foot putt....1 foot uphill....use the 60 foot putt with almost a full swing..

Honestly...maybe its just me, but I find the putting EXTREMELY easy and always have in Tiger.30 and 40 foot putts seem to drop for me all the time without much effort or concentration. The only ones I have trouble with are the 3-5 footers with a sharp slope to the left or right.

HINT: Its always easiest to putt from below the hole (if possible) as you can control the speed alot better.

Well, I don't know what happened but after I read your post I was inspired and did alot better. I have a hard time droppin putts when the putt is downhill. I always send the ball flying but other than that it's cool.

CrazyCougar
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Frustration will wreak havoc on your game in Tiger always. A tip for downhill putts is to always go down a club. If its a 15 foot putt downhill, dont use the 20 foot putter, use the 10 foot putter dependant on the drop in elevation. Do not use full swings either. Try to guesstimate in percentages as to how much backswing you should use.

mattgame
11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I played again today and I seem to be getting better but those slices and hooks drive me crazy. :bang: