PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what's going on with live?

Ainokeatoo
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah I can't connect i'm wondering if they're doing maintenance anyone know?

Yannie Boy
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm having the same issues. I got home and it said Connect To Live, I figured that my ethernet cable got loose some how, so I got through the Test Xbox Live System thingy and it goes and connects with no problem. Then I go to sign in and it tries to sign me in then signs me out and kicks me back to the Dashboard.

Shawn-XBA
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM
They were going to perform maintenance after midnight tonight, I guess they started early. Xbox Live and Xbox.com are both down.

Ainokeatoo
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm having the same issues. I got home and it said Connect To Live, I figured that my ethernet cable got loose some how, so I got through the Test Xbox Live System thingy and it goes and connects with no problem. Then I go to sign in and it tries to sign me in then signs me out and kicks me back to the Dashboard.

Yeah it did the exact same thing to me I sign in then automatically signs me out it didn't even give me the chance to stay in the profile just not connected to live this is very weird and I really didn't have that experience before so it's just curious...

Xbox.com was down for a bit but for some reason it's up now I don't know it's all very strange.

Doesn't Assassins creed come out tomorrow?

Shawn-XBA
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah it did the exact same thing to me I sign in then automatically signs me out it didn't even give me the chance to stay in the profile just not connected to live this is very weird and I really didn't have that experience before so it's just curious...

Xbox.com was down for a bit but for some reason it's up now I don't know it's all very strange.

Doesn't Assassins creed come out tomorrow?

Yeah, same thing happens to me. Xbox.com is still down for me :yikes:.

Yeah Assassin's Creed does come out tomorrow, I guess it could be an update for it.

Slowride
11-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I have the same problem. Plus my 360 froze up every other try.....best just to leave it off.

Ainokeatoo
11-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I have the same problem. Plus my 360 froze up every other try.....best just to leave it off.

Yep same thing happened to me, i'll leave it off but it's disappointing I was hoping to get back onto ffxi tonight but I guess you can't do anything.

Nato King
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah I was having the problem to so I posted it on the front page.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/8728.html

Yannie Boy
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Update!

I was able to get online, no one else was on but I got a message from Xbox Live

The Message said:

Xbox Live will be unavailable for approximately one hour for maintenance starting: 01:01 PST 11/13/2007 09:01 GMT 11/13/2007 16:01 GMT+9 11/13/2007 See xbox.com/live for more information.

Hope its some major changes!!!!

GamerSince'76
11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Update!

I was able to get online, no one else was on but I got a message from Xbox Live

The Message said:

Xbox Live will be unavailable for approximately one hour for maintenance starting: 01:01 PST 11/13/2007 09:01 GMT 11/13/2007 16:01 GMT+9 11/13/2007 See xbox.com/live for more information.

Hope its some major changes!!!!

I happened to call support on another (small) issue and "Max" (lol) stated twice that there is a problem with Live and that MS is aware of it and working on it.

BTW, nice to see you posting here again Chupa. I remember you from back in the day. I remember my wife seeing your username and explaining what a chupacabra is. She's Spanish. If I had a goat, I wouldn't leave it alone outside. lol. I believe they exist. She doesn't.

Yannie Boy
11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I happened to call support on another (small) issue and "Max" (lol) stated twice that there is a problem with Live and that MS is aware of it and working on it.

BTW, nice to see you posting here again Chupa. I remember you from back in the day. I remember my wife seeing your username and explaining what a chupacabra is. She's Spanish. If I had a goat, I wouldn't leave it alone outside. lol. I believe they exist. She doesn't.

***Not trying to hijack the thread***

Thanks, I remember you from back in the day too. Ahhh....The Chupacabra name. I was in a phase where I used that name for EVERYTHING and thought it was "cool"...but I've grown out of it. It was when I was younger, I wish I could change it, but half of the members here wouldn't who I was if I was to change it. Oh well. :whistle:

Ainokeatoo
11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Lol hijack all you like I don't rightly care I can get back on live so go ahead :)

mattgame
11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
So what the hell time is it eastern? I left work early to get on!!:cuss:

I'm almost in there. Yeppers, it's coming, yep it's here. Bye bye then.

Shawn-XBA
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
A little off topic but Microsoft just announced whats included in the fall update as well as the release date for it.

Check it out (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/8732.html)!

mattgame
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I can't sign in to any lobby on COD4. This sucks.

CrazyCougar
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah live is a real bumpy road at the moment. This has pretty much been ongoing for the past 3 days. Hopefully they get it worked out really soon!

Variation-XBA
11-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Thank god it's not just me lately.

Conchord
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
COD 4 has been iffy since I started playing it... other games seem to be working fine, same for market place.

Actually, I haven't played any other games or visited the market place since COD 4, so can someone confirm its not just that game?

mattgame
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
COD 4 has been iffy since I started playing it... other games seem to be working fine, same for market place.

Actually, I haven't played any other games or visited the market place since COD 4, so can someone confirm its not just that game?

My son has been playing Halo 3 all day with no problem.

CrazyCougar
11-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I had several problems today accessing my friends list and sending messages from the dashboard itself. The I also experienced long delays in score uploads in Flatout Carnage, as well as a few connection failures.

Its not just COD4 although this game seems to be affected the most. Now, I did play COD4 earlier today without issue. My brother-in-law and sis say they have been having major issues with Halo 3 (thats all they play). SO its not game specific. And majornelson reported on his site that Live was having issues again as well as Xbox.com.

Reclaimer
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Holy ****... Halo for download?

CrazyCougar
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Even bigger question..will there be achievements added for the Xbox originals?

Conchord
11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I didn't see anything like that on there... where you guessing Rec or was that a fact based statement?

also, working now.

Ainokeatoo
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
They have a message up on cod saying that it's known that they're still having trouble with live... Why microsoft? Why on my four day weekend you decide to screw up? WHYYYYY

CrazyCougar
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't see anything like that on there... where you guessing Rec or was that a fact based statement?

also, working now.

Check out the main page for the new article. MS has released info on the "Fall Update" on December 4th. It includes the ability to download Xbox Original titles such as Halo, Fable, Crimson Skies and other. Games will cost 1200 MSP each.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/8732.html

Ainokeatoo
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Check out the main page for the new article. MS has released info on the "Fall Update" on December 4th. It includes the ability to download Xbox Original titles such as Halo, Fable, Crimson Skies and other. Games will cost 1200 MSP each.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/8732.html

If you ask me, I think this is just ridiculous I mean especially for people who only have 20 gigs on their hard drive plus you pay more money for games that you could get for not even five bucks...

GIVE US REVERSE COMPATIBILITY NOT DOWNLOADABLE GAMES

Conchord
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
^what he said. They are charging more for the games than they are worth.

MS can go **** itself.

Reclaimer
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
It will become an issue considering games range between 4 gigs and 9 gigs as this new feature rolls out. That pretty much forces us to upgrade to bigger drives if we want to take advantage of that.

Considering I'm running out of room already on my stock drive and I'm shoe-horning crap on there as it is.

Hey.. Xvid or was that Divx.. whatever.. one of those will find it's way to the 360 too, eventually. That'll be nice for the media extender.

CrazyCougar
11-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Whoah, whoah, whoah guys. Time out.

Do a a little research before you begin crying foul. Halo and Halo 2 are both backwards compatible. As well as Fable and Crimson Skies. So if you want to buy a used copy or find one in a bargain bin for $5, then buy it and play it. MS is just giving folks another means of playing the game, and most likely they will have achievements to lure folks like me into buying them for $10 each.

I will agree with one thing though. MS is going to do everything they can to force people into buying the larger HDD ($179). Some people wont give in, but in the end most people probably will. And these games are just another way of accomplishing that goal.

Conchord
11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Like I said earlier, MS can go **** itself.
I wish Apple would hurry up and make a console!

CrazyCougar
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I wish Apple would hurry up and make a console!

Like that will ever happen...LOL. Apple has the ipod and thats all they really care about.

Conchord
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
They also have kick ass software, desktops, OS, HD equipment, cameras, laptops, monitors, and innovative accessories.

But I guess I am just being smug?

CrazyCougar
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
They have some nice stuff...I am not a Mac fan at all, but wont talk down about their products. But, I am pretty sure Apple wants nothing to do with the console race. They have too many other things going for them.

UPDATE: Its confirmed that the Originals that will be availabel for download on the marketplace will NOT have achievements. So if you can pick the game up in a bargain bin for $5, you are better off.

Yannie Boy
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
The Marketplace is currently down. Also don't forget to download Carcassonne for free tomorrow to celebrate Live is 5ive.