PDA

View Full Version : moltenluv's collection

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Ok so I finally got around to taking some pics of my collection. I kept putting it off since I keep buying more. I will just add these in as I get them. The only camera I have in the one in my cell phone so you will have to please excuse the quality of them, I did my best with what I had. Oh and I only started collecting these in July of this year so I am trying to play catch up with the ones I missed which seems like soooo many!

This is the one I currently have on my 360 and the plain black one that came with my Elite. I felt the urge to celebrate football season. Go Steelers LOL!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/current.jpg

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM
These are the SpaceGhost2K customs I own. Turns out I don't have as many of these as I thought I did!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/custom1.jpg

The Legend of Zelda, The A-Team, Super Mario World, and The Muppet Show

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/custom2.jpg

Katamari (with dvd tray stickers), a personalized moltenluv one, Aloha Stitch, and Oceanic plane (with dvd tray stickers)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/custom3.jpg

The Iron Giant (as seen in OXM), Star Wars escape scene (as seen in OXM), Star Wars long time ago, and Space Ghost (was this one in OXM too? I can't remember)

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 06:56 PM
These next few are for the most part pretty common.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/common1.jpg

The entire Eternal Sonata set and the entire Ace Combat 6 set

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/common2.jpg

Forza 2, PGR 3, Test Drive Unlimited, Carbon Fiber, and Full Auto

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/common3.jpg

Viva Pinata, Pink Bubbles, Cherry Blossom, Black & White Checkered, and Hot Rod

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 07:09 PM
These next pics are of the more rare faceplates that I own.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/rare1.jpg

Splinter Cell Double Agent, Graw 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, E3 Gears of War, and Blue Dragon

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/rare2.jpg

TMNT, Bioshock, Saints Row, Zero Hour, and Dead Rising

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/rare3.jpg

Bioshock Collectors Set (#63/5000), UK Launch Team, HALO 3, F.E.A.R.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/rare4.jpg

Stranglehold, 2006 Vendor Show, Lost Plant, Civilization Revolution (#1721/2000), and Football Manager 2006

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 07:14 PM
:yikes: I have more faceplates that I realized. I didn't think I had bought that many in the past 4 1/2 months. Well that explains why I am always broke! Still there are alot I am missing. If anybody wants to donate some faceplates to my collection or send me some for Christmas ;) .............ahahahah yeah right like thats gonna happen.

Kamshaft
11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
That's a wicked collection! :yikes:

FlawIe55
11-21-2007, 08:13 PM
nice collection. I particularly like the halo 3 one. I havent gotten up the nerve to purchase one for the high price theyve been going for on ebay. So you're the one whos been scooping the ones from spaceghost on ebay. hmmm

moltenluv
11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
That's a wicked collection! :yikes:

Thank you, thank you very much!

nice collection. I particularly like the halo 3 one. I havent gotten up the nerve to purchase one for the high price theyve been going for on ebay. So you're the one whos been scooping the ones from spaceghost on ebay. hmmm

Nah only about half of the SpaceGhost2K custom faceplates that I own are are from eBay the others I bought directly from him to give others a chance to bid on them cause I am nice like that.

SpaceGhost2K
11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, I keep seeing faceplates in everybody's collections that I never even considered getting, then I feel like I'm missing something.

moltenluv
11-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow, I keep seeing faceplates in everybody's collections that I never even considered getting, then I feel like I'm missing something.

So which ones do you feel like you are missing? Its the Steelers one isn't it :cool:

Shawn-XBA
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
The Super Mario World one is awesome! Great collection

SpaceGhost2K
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
So which ones do you feel like you are missing? Its the Steelers one isn't it :cool:

I've kinda half heartedly bid on the Civilization and Stranglehold plates. I've pretty much written off Chromehounds.

moltenluv
11-22-2007, 06:30 PM
I've kinda half heartedly bid on the Civilization and Stranglehold plates. I've pretty much written off Chromehounds.

I think I got both of those at a good price. Chromehounds is near the top of my I want it list. My $$$ is tight right now due to vet bills and the work I just had done on my car. I was hoping it would pass inspection since I just got new tires but nooooo I needed rear brake pads and drums. Jerks! Don't they know I need my money for faceplates!

cheezymonkey999
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
: I didn't think I had bought that many in the past 4 1/2 months. Well that explains why I am always broke!

I know what you mean about being broke haha. Lots of nice plates man, someday i want my collection to be as good as yours.

moltenluv
11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Lots of nice plates man, someday i want my collection to be as good as yours.

Hahahaha coming from somebody who has almost twice the amount of faceplates that I do that truely is a compliment :hardcore: Thanks!

cheezymonkey999
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Numbers dont mean everything... i have alot, but alot of them are easy to get. You alot of nice ones that i still need. (ghost recon, bioshock, that halo one, zerohour, etc...)

ChRoNiK120
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
wow thats a nice collection i lovew the dead rising one i hav been tryin to get my hands n one of thoes for awhile now. i want the zero hour one sooo bad. hahha

Nato King
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Wow I love the collection Moltenluv I should be getting my Plates in the mail real soon. I have about 4 on the way. Than I can post my pictures of my collection can't wait.

SpaceGhost2K
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I've gotten a couple more and need top update my collection pics. I'm waiting on a couple mroe to show up. I've got some customs to add too, but they're gifts and I have to wait until they're been received and opened before I can show them off.

I am working furiously over the next two weeks to beat Christmas. And I have to make a sticker run today.

moltenluv
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah I will have to post more pics too. My collection has grown again. The faceplates are slowly trickling in since most of them are coming from overseas.

cheezymonkey999
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Molten will you let me take the checkered tsz off your hands?

moltenluv
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think its a TSZ plate. I bought it from a UK seller on eBay. I am pretty sure it is just some cheap no-name brand.

moltenluv
12-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok so here are my newest additions:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/Custom4.jpg

These are all customs. A very festive red party themed one (made by eBay member viper640_0), a Dead Rising one (made by eBay member messymedia), a Spider-man 3 inspired one (made by eBay member valka66), and one inspired by The Darkness (this was also made by valka66). I invited all of them to join us here in the forums but I dunno if they actually did.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/Common4.jpg

Blacksite: Area 51, The Outfit, GRAW, GameCrazy, Assassin's Creed

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/Rare5.jpg

UK Forza 2, Quake 4 (I was told that it is a non-knock off), Mad Catz green/blue swirlie design (is there a proper name for this one???), Virgin Megastore Red Rings

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/Rare6.jpg

Gorillaz Graffitti (number 231/600), E3 Mad Catz Graffitti, E3 Team Xbox, E3 2005 (number 2721/5000)

Ooops I just realized that I forgot to upload one other pic onto photobucket. I will have to do that later. So that is most of what I have gotten lately.

Nato King
12-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Very nice. I am really going to try and do a custom faceplate one day.

moltenluv
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok well I went to upload the pic I missed but I must have accidentally deleted it when I got rid of the others. I am kinda glad because I forgot about 2 other faceplates that I had gotten. So long story short I retook the pic and managed to squeeze the other 2 in. The quality isn't the greatest since daylight is long gone here so I did the best I could. I should have just waited until tomorrow but I am really bored so I did it now. Pictured below is the argyle faceplate plus a complete collection of GOW faceplates except for the E3 one. I have that one in one of my earlier pics so I didn't see the need to put it in this one because these are pics of my latest faceplates :cool:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/Xbox%20360%20faceplate%20collection/Common5.jpg

ali rock 110
01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
You got real nice stuff. Now I have someone to aspire to. Some of that stuff is real expensive on ebay so I know you go through great lenths to take care of them. Would you care to share some of your safe storage tips?

moltenluv
01-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I would if I had some. They are all stored in boxes and out of direct sunlight. I would like some way of displaying them but I am just to lazy to figure out a good idea :confused:

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Wow molten got some pretty ones :)

WARTH0G DRIVER
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I envy your collection moltenluv!

ali rock 110
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread is very useful for me. First, it provides me with a standard bearer. If you are serious about getting 360 faceplates this is the end result of what you're striving for(I haven't seen GR's collection, but i'm sure he's in this league also). Second, this tread has shown me at least 3 or 4 plates I didn't know existed but now that I do I have to have them. Third, I won't feel bad about bugging Space about my next SET of commissions, I want about as many of his works the she has and my flimsy excuse is "Go back to First". And last but not least I have proof to show my wife that I'm not the only person who likes my 360 to be an ever changing experience externally.

For what it's worth Molten, I plan on opening all my plates and using them on the 360 when the mood suits me.

Laters

Ali

SpaceGhost2K
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Part of GameKing28's collection can be seen at hawtymcbloggy.com's site:

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2007/10/08/profile-of-a-video-game-collector-jb/

That's no slouch of a collection there, either.

JakofallAces
01-09-2008, 05:45 PM

WHAT GAMEKING IS ACTUALLY BS ANGEL AND THERFORE A GIRL WHY DO I ONLY LEARN THESE THINGS AFTER EVERYONE ALREADY DOES KNOW THIS. Also Gameking DAMN your collection is small but mighty i hope to have something like that some day but i doubt it same to you moltenluv

Lethal AK47
01-09-2008, 06:41 PM
WTF, how did he get all first Austria Xbox Experience Faceplates? That's total crazyness! Anyway, as far as I know there're only 200 made, not 250. :rolleyes:

moltenluv
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
This thread is very useful for me. First, it provides me with a standard bearer. If you are serious about getting 360 faceplates this is the end result of what you're striving for(I haven't seen GR's collection, but i'm sure he's in this league also). Second, this tread has shown me at least 3 or 4 plates I didn't know existed but now that I do I have to have them. Third, I won't feel bad about bugging Space about my next SET of commissions, I want about as many of his works the she has and my flimsy excuse is "Go back to First". And last but not least I have proof to show my wife that I'm not the only person who likes my 360 to be an ever changing experience externally.

For what it's worth Molten, I plan on opening all my plates and using them on the 360 when the mood suits me.

Laters

Ali

Thanks for all the nice things you just said. Yeah anytime you start to think you are crazy for spending you hard earned dollars on pieces of plastic that snap onto you 360 just look at my collection and know that you aren't alone. So you are going to open all you faceplates because of me? Really? Wow. A lot of hard core collectors won't even consider opening theirs because it degrades their value. I on the other hand don't care. I am collecting for myself and I like to be able to put them on my 360 and make it look pretty. I was going to leave my Team Xbox and Mad Catz graffitti ones in the packaging but in the end I ended up taking them out because I wanted to be able to look at them without the glare of the plastic packaging getting in my way. Its good to hear that posting pics of my collection has in some way helped somebody else out. That rocks and makes me glad I am a part of this forum!

I know, he has faceplates that make me drool. They are so pretty and shiny, especially the Sweden launch one!

WHAT GAMEKING IS ACTUALLY BS ANGEL AND THERFORE A GIRL WHY DO I ONLY LEARN THESE THINGS AFTER EVERYONE ALREADY DOES KNOW THIS. Also Gameking DAMN your collection is small but mighty i hope to have something like that some day but i doubt it same to you moltenluv

What the heck are you talking about???? Gameking is not BS Angel, he was interviewed by her. The link Spacey posted is a link to that very interview which includes pics of his collection. Or were you trying to be funny? Oh and thanks. You could have a collection like mine someday. It is possible. Expensive but possible :cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all the nice things you just said. Yeah anytime you start to think you are crazy for spending you hard earned dollars on pieces of plastic that snap onto you 360 just look at my collection and know that you aren't alone. So you are going to open all you faceplates because of me? Really? Wow. A lot of hard core collectors won't even consider opening theirs because it degrades their value. I on the other hand don't care. I am collecting for myself and I like to be able to put them on my 360 and make it look pretty. I was going to leave my Team Xbox and Mad Catz graffitti ones in the packaging but in the end I ended up taking them out because I wanted to be able to look at them without the glare of the plastic packaging getting in my way. Its good to hear that posting pics of my collection has in some way helped somebody else out. That rocks and makes me glad I am a part of this forum!

I know, he has faceplates that make me drool. They are so pretty and shiny, especially the Sweden launch one!

What the heck are you talking about???? Gameking is not BS Angel, he was interviewed by her. The link Spacey posted is a link to that very interview which includes pics of his collection. Or were you trying to be funny? Oh and thanks. You could have a collection like mine someday. It is possible. Expensive but possible :cheers:

BS Angel's current post in her blog is about a Katamari bag.

I wonder who she might have gotten THAT from? :whistle:

moltenluv
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
The Katamari bag fairy????

I have one of those too. I was working at EB and the manager let me snag one of them for myself. I loved my free EB stuff. I miss my free EB stuff :( :cry: :crying:

JakofallAces
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM

This original creation will set you back a mere $29,500. I know that seems a bit pricey at first glance but it actually comes with three games. I need to go write Santa now and tell him I’ve been a good girl this year.
Check the bling section, ur right about bs angel, under the swarvoski crystal wii

ali rock 110
01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't say "because of you" I'm going to to open all my faceplates...It's more like "just like you", because just like you, I can't see spending all that dough on something and not be able to touch it and use it. I can understand from a collector's point about keeping everything in mint condition and all that but for me it's a personal choice that I'm sure I can live with.

Just another reason that I have a ton of adoration for you and your collection.

Laters

Ali

UNV Superkid
03-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Sweet colletion, i am interested to see how it has grown since you last updated the pics?

JakofallAces
03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Sweet colletion, i am interested to see how it has grown since you last updated the pics?
not at all except the ms experience plates from what she told me she got but hell i havent talked to her in years

moltenluv
03-22-2008, 09:22 PM
No it has grown a lot. The 3 MS Experience faceplates are the most note worthy but I have gotten quite a few others. I will update soon I promise.

JakofallAces
03-22-2008, 10:14 PM
No it has grown a lot. The 3 MS Experience faceplates are the most note worthy but I have gotten quite a few others. I will update soon I promise.

thats what they all say cant wait to see;)

ez054098
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Nice collection!

JakofallAces
03-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice collection!

NICE POST

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS OF TOMORROW (i hope u like futurama)

ez054098
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks, I put a lot of thought into it.

JakofallAces
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM

ya were all about effort here:p

gameking28
03-26-2008, 04:04 AM

You're gonna fit in here just fine. :)

ez054098
03-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Seriously though, it is tough for me to keep up with faceplates since the majority are not released in the US. I understand M$ needs to generate excitement in markets they are not dominating, but a little love for the US would be nice.

JakofallAces
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Seriously though, it is tough for me to keep up with faceplates since the majority are not released in the US. I understand M$ needs to generate excitement in markets they are not dominating, but a little love for the US would be nice.

what do you mean mate only specific game plates are really sold in ther countries the US is the main place for plates

SpaceGhost2K
03-26-2008, 01:17 PM
what do you mean mate only specific game plates are really sold in ther countries the US is the main place for plates

So far this year:

UK: 1 (Rainbow Six: Vegas 2)
France/Germany: 1 (Devil May Cry 4)
US: 1 (Universe At War)
Japan: 0 (that I'm aware of)

Pretty even, 1/4 way through the year. There's a Dark Sector plate out there, somewhere, somehow... I'm trying to get more information about it.

UNV Superkid
03-26-2008, 06:11 PM
So far this year:

UK: 1 (Rainbow Six: Vegas 2)
France/Germany: 1 (Devil May Cry 4)
US: 1 (Universe At War)
Japan: 0 (that I'm aware of)

Pretty even, 1/4 way through the year. There's a Dark Sector plate out there, somewhere, somehow... I'm trying to get more information about it.

and the next one that i know about this year in the US is the Unreal tournament plate...do you know of any others before that space??

ez054098
03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
No. I guess I am saying it is tough to keep up on the faceplates that are released in different countries. What sources do you guys use? Besides doing a search on ebay? I got my Universe at War this afternoon. Pretty cool. However, I would love a Rainbow Six 2.

SpaceGhost2K
03-27-2008, 03:02 AM
No. I guess I am saying it is tough to keep up on the faceplates that are released in different countries. What sources do you guys use? Besides doing a search on ebay? I got my Universe at War this afternoon. Pretty cool. However, I would love a Rainbow Six 2.

eBay is the main source, but some of us have other connections. Plus there are people who visit here from outside of the US, and they let us know about plates available in their area. JEJE13 goes between France and Japan, TomDeaf is in Germany, Elite_Concepts and Frazmand are in UK, Kamshaft is in Canada, eh.

gameking28
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I heard a rumor that Fable 2 would be getting the pre-order faceplate treatment. Although I think the GS employee who told me may have been talking out his @$$. Only time will tell eh?

ez054098
03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Well, looks like I am checking the correct forum then. Thanks.

SpaceGhost2K
03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I heard a rumor that Fable 2 would be getting the pre-order faceplate treatment. Although I think the GS employee who told me may have been talking out his @$$. Only time will tell eh?

When I see Peter Molyneux next month, I'll ask him.

Heh, heh, heh.... oh ****! I forgot, I need to make a plate for him to sign!

&*%# (adds plate to long list)

I got my Dr. Dememto and Taj Mahal plates done. I'm (hopefully) getting to meet them in LA after I return from Seattle.

hellonearth159
04-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Another amazing collection. Also...looks like Molten got the Dark Sector spacey was looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220217692747

ez054098
04-02-2008, 01:13 AM
What region are the Dark Sector faceplates available?

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 05:32 AM
i am guessing germany or countries around that but definitely European so be careful just in case you dont wanna over pay i persoanlly say 80-110 but hell who knows anymore with all these new collectors with no experience ready to go into the 200's