PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band people??

Bakeman
11-23-2007, 11:12 PM
So who got rock band? And what are your thoughts?

I got rock band the day it came out. My GF and I have been playing it everyday, except on thanksgiving (I played a little myself). I've created a Drummer, Singer, and Guitar guy. Though I think the guitar guy I can use to play bass if I want to. So I'm holding off on making a 2nd guitar guy until I try bass. Bass is the only thing I haven't tried yet.

I am really enjoying the game so far. I like how I can customize my own character and even customize the instruments those characters use. Sure sure it's like I'm playing dress up but it's still fun :)

So far I have tried singing, drumming, and the guitar... and I'm best at guitar probably because of all the GH I played before rock band came out lol. I'm okay at the drumming I'm doing 85 to 95% on medium. So not exactly where I'd like to be, but it's still fun. Hopefully I'll be able to do Hard eventually. I've always known I'm a HORRIBLE singer.. but I still love singing along with my music, so I definitely wanted to give the singing a try. And I failed my first 3 or 4 tries lol. Now I'm doing better, I think I've completed 12 songs in the solo career on EASY. But my scores range from 65 to 90%, depends on the song, and how much pitch changes there are. What's even more strange is some songs I can get to lows, but other songs I can't.. and same goes for the highs. I finally unlocked Enter Sandman (I'm a metallica fan) by playing through the guitar solo career (I'm doing that on Hard).. and I was able to sing that one on Medium.

GF and I made our band and been doing the BWT (Band World Tour)... She has stuck to vocals, and I've (as leader of the band) have been doing Guitar. We doing pretty good. She was singing on Easy (while I'm on Hard with the guitar), and after some time it told us we had to go up to a higher difficulty to get more fans. So she started to do Medium and has been doing pretty well. We started in San Fran, and have gotten to New York, Chicago, Seattle, L.A., I think pretty much all the U.S. cities. We haven't tried the gig to win the Jet yet, but you have to play the song Train Kept A Rollin' and when we tried it for the single song gig before that one she failed it on medium. So we might be able to do it, but we have been holding off.

Today we started another band with her as the lead guitar, and I as the drummer. We played a few songs, and I wanted to relax and sing a little, so I turned off my guy and sang while she played guitar.

Game is lots of fun. I have noticed that most the songs have been fairly easy for guitar on the hard difficulty. I am getting 90% give or take a couple points on each song up until Enter Sandman.. that one was tough.. got like just under 80%... but it was 2am, maybe I was tired lol. I just unlocked it last night. Didn't play that song yet today.

So anyways... let me know!

l Maximus l
11-24-2007, 02:01 AM
hahaha, dude...It sounds like you're having a blast! Playing with the lady friend and everything!

I don't own the game, but, it definately sounds like a lot of fun.

Bakeman
11-24-2007, 02:56 AM
hahaha, dude...It sounds like you're having a blast! Playing with the lady friend and everything!

I don't own the game, but, it definately sounds like a lot of fun.

lol yeah we both are... best early christmas present ever lol

I pre-ordered it months ago before she even knew about the game, but as it got closer she obviously heard lots about it from me. And she went ahead and got it for me as a x-mas gift but I got to open it now.

Highlite23
11-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Ya, I was surprised how much fun Rock Band is, my only gripe is that they should have made some sort of soft case for all of this stuff, lol.

Variation-XBA
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Sigh... not here in Canada till Dec 20 :(

Bakeman
11-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Ya, I was surprised how much fun Rock Band is, my only gripe is that they should have made some sort of soft case for all of this stuff, lol.

Well definitely would have been nice to have gotten something like that with the game.. that's for sure... BUT they are selling that stuff and other accessories and such on their store.

Rock Band Store (http://www.rockbandstore.com)

Drum Case $49.99 (http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=45762&v=rbs_rock_the_game_game_and_gear)

Guitar Case $19.99 (http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=45579&v=rbs_rock_the_game_game_and_gear)

Sadly I just noticed they are sold out of the drum case :( But 50 bucks :(

They have a bunch of stuff including guitar plates, guitar straps to match the plates, and drum sticks (black and red).

Sigh... not here in Canada till Dec 20 :(

That sucks dude :( Well it'll make one hell of a christmas present :)

Variation-XBA
11-24-2007, 11:13 PM
That sucks dude :( Well it'll make one hell of a christmas present :)

Getting myself xmas presents almost daily, doesn't have the same effect :(

Fargoth
11-24-2007, 11:34 PM
its a great game overall i just suck at most of it (everything except bass and guitar) i think ill just stick to my real instrument
and guitar hero

LTM360
11-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Funnest game ever made for a party. Period. You got a group of friends who like Guitar Hero? Get it. There is nothing else to it. It's just an absolute blast with 3-??? people.

TheCovenant
11-25-2007, 02:05 PM
i got it day of. I wail on those drums.

Funny story.

Apperantly when drummers start off, their wrists get swollen and sore from the overdose of lactic acid.

This happens to real drummers.

Im a pretend drummer in a pretend band and this happened to me. My wrists hurt so bad on thanksgiving, and i couldnt take any pain killers cause ive been drinking all weekend. After toughing it out for a few days (and still playing rock band, mind you) I am now over that stage and my hands can wail like never before. In fact. i got an 85% on the iron maiden song on HARD. Can anyone else say that here?

Probably can, but still, i have never drummed before in my life.

Oh yea, the game i ****ing awesome.

Bakeman
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Ouch dude that sucks lol (about your wrist)

WOW 85% on any song on hard is amazing to me lol..
I've gotten 85+ % on songs on medium... a few in the 90% and that's a little bit of a struggle for me.

i got it day of. I wail on those drums.

Funny story.

Apperantly when drummers start off, their wrists get swollen and sore from the overdose of lactic acid.

This happens to real drummers.

Im a pretend drummer in a pretend band and this happened to me. My wrists hurt so bad on thanksgiving, and i couldnt take any pain killers cause ive been drinking all weekend. After toughing it out for a few days (and still playing rock band, mind you) I am now over that stage and my hands can wail like never before. In fact. i got an 85% on the iron maiden song on HARD. Can anyone else say that here?

Probably can, but still, i have never drummed before in my life.

Oh yea, the game i ****ing awesome.