PDA

View Full Version : Bidding wars...

cheezymonkey999
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Since alot of us use ebay maybe we should contact each other through there. I know ive bid against space ghost and ghost rider before. If we message each other about the plates before we bid, then we wont have to have bidding wars against each other. We'll all get them cheaper if we dont drive the prices up. right? I mean alot of them will show up more than once, so we could make a waiting list or somthing haha. Just an idea... id rather collect with you guys than compete against you.

Nato King
11-28-2007, 06:45 AM
. id rather collect with you guys than compete against you.

Yes see what you mean. Can We All just get along. lol

SpaceGhost2K
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Usually I look at the list of bids and stay out if some of them bidding. moltenluv and I had some miscommunication on one this week.

cheezymonkey999
11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
haha yea, same with me and ghost rider on a juiced 2 plate. He says im breaking ebay rules (which i probablly am) by asking him if hed let me win the plate. He has one already and is selling it, so i figure thats a reasonable request.

gh0st_r1der
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I suggested that might be an issue, just to let you know that once Ebay locks your account for some stupid reason it is very very hard to deal with them(Ebay) to get your account back to life. I had such an experience and took me 2 months to get everything back and running

cheezymonkey999
11-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Ok, well then maybe we could just ask though here. Then ebay wont know unless somone tells them.

SpaceGhost2K
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Well the idea is that buying, selling and trading plates can all be done here between collectors. Less competition, you can both agree on a price (or not do the deal) or even trade plates instead of money in order to fill those holes in your collections. You're going right straight to the trading community instead of having to "market" your plate with bold and italic and highlight and gallery and eBay fees and restrictions on communication and PayPal fees, et cetera, et cetera, Peter Cetera. With the addition of the database, all you have to do is post that it's available. No "10 day limits".

SpaceGhost2K
11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I should also mention that a benefit will be that you won't have to keep taking pictures of your stuff, updating a trading thread or anything like that. There will be a pictute and complete description of the plate in the database. You just click it and say "THIS is the plate I have/want." If you have a significant variation, we'll add it to the database.

One thing I just now thought of adding is a clarifier whether your plate is loose or sealed. Not sure I can get that in there, though.

cheezymonkey999
11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
The only thing is some ppl on ebay dont know the value of some plates... so you can get them cheaper there. Also, for somone like me with few doubles i have nothing to trade because filling a hole in the collection makes a new hole. Unless you want saints row faceplates... i have about 10 of those to trade.

gh0st_r1der
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I strongly disagree that faceplates should be cheap. Do you realize what 200 or 500 limited in the whole world means? Item with such a rarity has enormous appreciation.
Just ask SpaceGhost2K what he prefers, to buy cheap ($20-40) faceplates or to sell his faceplates for $150 each ... I'll leave the answer to him.
High faceplates price will move people to creativity and will bring more collectors.
Cheap faceplates will turn this in commodity and there will be no interest at all.

cheezymonkey999
11-29-2007, 11:57 AM
omg man not everyone wants to just buy expensive faceplates... and again im not talking just about buying cheap non rare plates, i meant you could get some of the good ones for less. Spaceghosts faceplates dont apply to what im talking about, his are one of a kind.

Re read this "The only thing is some ppl on ebay dont know the value of some plates... so you can get them cheaper there." did i say i wanted faceplates to be cheap?