PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Handheld?

mattgame
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Any news about this ever taking place? I find it hard to believe that MS is conceding the handheld title to Nintendo and Sony. Let's create one ourselves. I would like the handheld to look just as good as the console. I also want dual analogs. You could work them with your thumbs. Any ideas or news is welcome.

Variation-XBA
12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Short answer:

No. At least not any time soon. We would get murdered if we even tried at this point. The amount that DS sells is a hard market to come into, specially with PSP now doing "ok" (bit nothing compared to Nintendo).

People thought when J Allard came off the Xbox team, that he was going to do the secret hush-hush Xboy (I'll just refer to it as that for now), but it was for the Zune.

Personally, I'd love to see an Xboy because MS would most likely do it right and integrate LIVE and all the other features that I love about my 360.

Even if it happens, it won't be for quite some time. Also keep in mind, the longer it takes to come out, the closer we get to the next DS (DS2?) which will be even harder competition.

Who knows, maybe with the next Xbox, we'll do something for handhelds around teh same time? I dunno, but I honestly wouldn't hold my breath for anything anytime soon.

mattgame
12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I look at it like this. We have Sonys offering, we have Nintendos offering, what could we do to top both of those. Maybe we can "borrow" some features that work well from both of them. Also if you make it compatible with the 360 where you can access your 360 from your Xboy from anywhere and the handheld would most certainly sell. The 360 is picking up steam and I dare to say will win this generation console race so now is the time.