PDA

View Full Version : Global Support Faceplate

JakofallAces
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
this rare beauty was only given out to those working at the support centers in very limited quantities, this is the first time i have ever seen it so it is extremely rare good luck bidding
the product number is 320193116776

http://i22.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ca/82/b11b_3.JPG

gameking28
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, I've never seen/heard of that faceplate.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be watching this one.

gh0st_r1der
12-08-2007, 02:10 AM
SpaceGhost2K, I'll bid if I see that you are not winning at the end of the auction. ( for example: you are still the top bidder in the last 8-12 sec , I won't bid and hope nobody else will )

gh0st_r1der
12-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Space, if I decide to not win the auction ( regardless who is the winning bidder ) most likely I'll have some "dry powder" on a side. What and how many faceplates you can do for $300 ?
I don't place an order or something, just want to hear what is in your mind ...
Have you thought about HalfLife 2 /OrangeBox faceplate?
or ...LegoStarWars faceplate ?
or ... Viewtiful Joe faceplate ? ... btw do you know that there is one custom VJ outhere somewhere ... I've seen it, not bad, not bad
... or Conan ... or MotoGP ( I so want to get my hands on one of MotoGP06 faceplates, oh my) .... or PGR4 ...

See, I have some crazy wish list

moltenluv
12-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Awww man I have been watching this since it was listed. I wasn't gonna say anything about it :p Just so everybody knows I deleted almost everything from my watch list and plan on going big. You have been warned :watchout:

SpaceGhost2K
12-08-2007, 02:11 PM
My bid on this is not big, so all y'all that want to go for it, please do so. I've committed to at least one other big one (gulp) so I can be content just watching this one.

Ghost, I've got two plates in the works for you, a third on the drawing board (maybe two depending on how I decide to handle the title), and I have a Lego Star Wars plate on the drawing board for a woman. She also commissioned a Super Mario Galaxy plate, too.

I can find ways for you to pay me $300, lol! When you see the K.... oops, I've said too much. Maybe I better offer the next one to you before I eBay it.

JakofallAces
12-08-2007, 02:13 PM
My bid on this is not big, so all y'all that want to go for it, please do so. I've committed to at least one other big one (gulp) so I can be content just watching this one.

Ghost, I've got two plates in the works for you, a third on the drawing board (maybe two depending on how I decide to handle the title), and I have a Lego Star Wars plate on the drawing board for a woman. She also commissioned a Super Mario Galaxy plate, too.

I can find ways for you to pay me $300, lol! When you see the K.... oops, I've said too much. Maybe I better offer the next one to you before I eBay it.

What;s this spacey a new crazy coustom??????? LET ME SEEEE:hump:

Nato King
12-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah I also saw this faceplate when it was listed. I can't wait to see what it's going to go for. This is like the mega faceplate of all faceplate. lol

gameking28
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
How rare is this faceplate? I can't find anything about it anywhere except on this forum.
Is it possible that it's just a 2007 holiday present for MS support and he's making up the rest? I'm hesitant to just take his word for it since there's just no info on it except his eBay page. :confused:

gameking28
12-14-2007, 03:31 AM
OK, it's now over $200. Does ANYONE have ANY more information on this plate or are we just taking this guy at his word?
This is the only faceplate I've seen where there is just no record of it anywhere.

SpaceGhost2K
12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
OK, it's now over $200. Does ANYONE have ANY more information on this plate or are we just taking this guy at his word?
This is the only faceplate I've seen where there is just no record of it anywhere.

I see no reason to doubt him. There's a lot of stories out there that just aren't told. I know of at least one, a plate that is official MS and there are only three of them. You'll never, NEVER hear about it on the internet.

I can see this one going for $500.

(to gh0st-r1der, LOL!)

This is one of those plates that nobody in here is going to call "dibs" on and have people back away. This one... it's every man for himself, and thickest wallet wins.

gameking28
12-14-2007, 04:10 AM
Wow, $500...
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've spent that much on a hobby (or a faceplate for that matter).
On that note, anyone need a kidney? I've got one for sale here...

SpaceGhost2K
12-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Wow, $500...
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've spent that much on a hobby (or a faceplate for that matter).
On that note, anyone need a kidney? I've got one for sale here...

I wish I could just say "heck with it" and bid the moon. But reality beckons.

I tried to teach my kids that if they see something they like in a store to be aware of the difference between "I like that" and "I want that." I never had to take them out of a store, screaming because they didn't get something they wanted - like pretty much every kid I saw in the store today.

So for this one, I'll say "I like it" and watch it and not get any more attracted to it than that.

gameking28
12-14-2007, 04:48 AM
I wish I could just say "heck with it" and bid the moon. But reality beckons.

I tried to teach my kids that if they see something they like in a store to be aware of the difference between "I like that" and "I want that." I never had to take them out of a store, screaming because they didn't get something they wanted - like pretty much every kid I saw in the store today.

So for this one, I'll say "I like it" and watch it and not get any more attracted to it than that.

That's really good advice actually. I'm going to remember that when I have kids of my own some day. For now, I don't have the dough for that plate anyway.
Besides it may be rare, but it ain't that pretty. I'll take one of your plates over this one any day SpaceGhost. :)

Nato King
12-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Wow over 200 already like Spaceghost said I can see this up around 500 before bidding ends. That is too much for my blood. lol

SpaceGhost2K
12-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Whoa, it dropped. High bidder pulled out. Knowwhatimeanvern had the high bid down around $75 so I said WTH and went up to $150 - and he's still ahead of me. That KOTOR kit closes five hours before this plate. If KOTOR goes for $200+, I'll roll it over to the support plate. If not, it's all Vern's.

Nato King
12-15-2007, 06:59 AM
That KOTOR kit closes five hours before this plate. If KOTOR goes for $200+, I'll roll it over to the support plate. If not, it's all Vern's.

Sounds like a good plan you have there SpaceGhost

moltenluv
12-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Hahahah untill you have to bid against me! I am going for it!

Nato King
12-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Hahahah untill you have to bid against me! I am going for it!

Now Now kids play nicely. lol

moltenluv
12-15-2007, 11:19 AM
But I don't wannnaaaaaa! I suffer from spoiled only child syndrome and I expect to always get what I want :D

Ry
12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
how many of this plate are there?

Nato King
12-15-2007, 12:06 PM
how many of this plate are there?

Good question because I don't know. I was reading what he wrote about the faceplate and he said this
I know that there were only a couple sent to each Support Site. so the real question is how many support sites are there.

moltenluv
12-17-2007, 01:30 AM
And the winner is.............................gameking28 for a whopping $525.99! I got up a half hour early to see it close. Darn thing went for way more than I could afford but it is nice to see somebody from the forums take it down! Congrats! I think I am suffering from faceplate envy. Oh well time to start getting ready for work :cry: I don't wanna go...........

Nato King
12-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Congrat Gameking

Ry
12-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Good question because I don't know. I was reading what he wrote about the faceplate and he said this so the real question is how many support sites are there.

Yeah true, there could be less then 100 or more then 100.

anyways

Congrads, thats a lot of money.

Nato King
12-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Another good thing about having Gameking buying this because we all will know who has this faceplate so we can always buy it from him if he ever wants to sell it. I would need to save for a year to buy but it would be worth it.

Ry
12-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Another good thing about having Gameking buying this because we all will know who has this faceplate so we can always buy it from him if he ever wants to sell it. I would need to save for a year to buy but it would be worth it.

Lol, I agree. It just didnt fall off the face of the planet.He can also give it as a gift:whistle: :cool:

moltenluv
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Yeah it makes me wonder where some of these people get their money from and what kind of jobs they have. That faceplate equals roughly about a weeks pay for me. I wanted to bid soooo bad but I just couldn't. Had I not bought anybody Christmas presents...............hahahaha imagine the looks on everybodys faces when I show up with no presents. Sorry family but I just had to get this faceplate instead. I don't really think they would understand that one. I did just loan somebody a few hundred bucks which I am kicking myself in the arse for. Oh well maybe somebody someday will list another one :confused:

Elite-Concepts
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
what does every 1 do for a job?

I am a website design, well most things really, i do design, fix, install, sell most things computers lol

I do make some kick arse sigs ( if i dont say so myself :P) now and again i will have to show you guys some time :P

Ry
12-17-2007, 11:04 AM
what does every 1 do for a job?

I am a website design, well most things really, i do design, fix, install, sell most things computers lol

I do make some kick arse sigs ( if i dont say so myself :P) now and again i will have to show you guys some time :P

Student, you gotta teach me some stuff, Im working on my own website, some pointers will be cool.:cool:

Elite-Concepts
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
what do you need to know?

what do you have so far can i see it ?

Nato King
12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry to say but we do have a thread on this.

Your job Thread (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82425&highlight=job)

gameking28
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
My wallet actually screamed in pain at the end of that auction.
It was just too unique to pass up. The funny thing is, I really didn't have the money for it a couple days ago. One early X-Mas present and a couple of (really) hard days work later and here we are.
Man, prostitution isn't all it's cracked up to be. :rofl:

gh0st_r1der
12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm proud with myself when I stopped bidding after $250

SpaceGhost2K
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM

Your job Thread (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82425&highlight=job)

Mmm. I rarely travel outside of these hallowed walls.

My wallet actually screamed in pain at the end of that auction.
It was just too unique to pass up. The funny thing is, I really didn't have the money for it a couple days ago. One early X-Mas present and a couple of (really) hard days work later and here we are.
Man, prostitution isn't all it's cracked up to be. :rofl:

If prostitution is how you're paying for all these goodies, it's probably not just your wallet screaming in pain.

I need to find more stuff to sell you. :)

moltenluv
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Mmm. I rarely travel outside of these hallowed walls.

Yeah me too. Sometimes I forget there are other parts to this forum. Can't say I have posted outside of this section very much.

gameking28
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
If prostitution is how you're paying for all these goodies, it's probably not just your wallet screaming in pain.

I need to find more stuff to sell you. :)

I actually have a couple of projects in mind. Neither one is a faceplate, but I think you'll dig the ideas anyway. ;) They'll probably have to wait until January though.
I spent way more than I wanted to on that plate. It's going to be a while before I can afford to have any fun again. :(
I have today off, but I'll be working from tomorrow through the 23rd to make a little spending cash. X-mas and hobbies have wiped me out.

gh0st_r1der
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
For those that wonder who was the runner up for GlobalSuportFaceplate. Here is your bidder:

http://myworld.ebay.com/konsolegie/

I've seen him/her throwing some fat bids on alot of faceplates

Elite-Concepts
12-17-2007, 06:13 PM

thats a cool looking faceplate he won

Ry
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM

how do i veiw this item with the numbers? Im lost

moltenluv
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
type the numbers into the search bar at the top of the page. You can search by item number or by keywords/descriptions.

Ry
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
type the numbers into the search bar at the top of the page. You can search by item number or by keywords/descriptions.

Thank you alot :D

gameking28
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
For those that wonder who was the runner up for GlobalSuportFaceplate. Here is your bidder:

http://myworld.ebay.com/konsolegie/

I've seen him/her throwing some fat bids on alot of faceplates

Hmmm... so that's who I need to kill for bidding like an idiot and driving up the price. :mad:
He threw down bids in increments of $30-$40 until he passed the (then current) high bidder.
I just throw up my highest bid with about 30 seconds left and let the chips fall where they may. It avoids bidding wars and doesn't give anyone else time to attempt to start one in the end.

gameking28
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM

That's one of the XBox Experience plates. :)

SpaceGhost2K
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM

That's now on the list. Well, I think it was before, but it just moved up.

how do i veiw this item with the numbers? Im lost

Just cut 'n paste the number into the eBay search bar. Super easy.

Wow, Santa Claus is comin' to town? He's been and gone. Today he delivered a "You Are Next" faceplate, a "Splinter Cell" faceplate, and a "Gorillaz" faceplate. Booooooo-YAH!

Ry
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
That's now on the list. Well, I think it was before, but it just moved up.

Just cut 'n paste the number into the eBay search bar. Super easy.

Wow, Santa Claus is comin' to town? He's been and gone. Today he delivered a "You Are Next" faceplate, a "Splinter Cell" faceplate, and a "Gorillaz" faceplate. Booooooo-YAH!

Nice.