PDA

View Full Version : MX vs ATV? None of you play it?

MXracer721
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
1 Halo 3
2 Call of Duty 4
3 Assassin’s Creed
4 Gears of War
5 Guitar Hero III
6 Mass Effect
7 Madden NFL 08
8 MX vs. ATV: Untamed DEMO
9 Guitar Hero II
10 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas

I was amazed to see the MX vs ATV demo was in the top ten of Live titles for this week! What I've seen from the past, no one here really plays the game. Any reason for that? I'm just wondering because it seems that this game has more mass appeal than I realized, yet still doesn't appeal to many here.

mattgame
12-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I can't believe Halo 3 is beatin COD4. Check the books.

CrazyCougar
12-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Well part of the fact was the last iteration of MX vs ATV was absolutely horrid when it came to the online factor. The new demo seems great and hopefully the online play will not be a let down. If its good, I'll be playing this one a lot.

And matt, Halo 3 has a much larger fan base than the COD series unfortunately. At most you'll see 70-80,000 online at once on COD4 during a peak time while Halo 3 seems to never have a problem having 100,000+ at all times.

Variation-XBA
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't get excited. Anything new on the Marketplace is geneally in the top 10 for the week just because it's new.

MXracer721
12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't get excited. Anything new on the Marketplace is geneally in the top 10 for the week just because it's new.

Well hopefully this helps with sales of Untamed. It's an awesome racing game that is overlooked by many people. Untamed seems geared more towards the mainstream gamer and less towards the motocross riders and racers. They do offer two kinds of physics in the game, race and pro, so we'll see how fun the game is on pro physics.

CrazyCougar
12-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Physics or no physics isnt the problem. The last version was absolutely horrid online. They had terrible lag, poor if any collision detection, choppy gameplay...You name it, it had it and none of it was good. Single player was ok, but I want single player AND multiplayer game if it boasts both options. So fingers crossed, but I wouldnt hold my breath either. THQ has proven thus far they cant make a good game online when it comes to the MX series.

MXracer721
12-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Physics or no physics isnt the problem. The last version was absolutely horrid online. They had terrible lag, poor if any collision detection, choppy gameplay...You name it, it had it and none of it was good. Single player was ok, but I want single player AND multiplayer game if it boasts both options. So fingers crossed, but I wouldnt hold my breath either. THQ has proven thus far they cant make a good game online when it comes to the MX series.

You are very right about the online gameplay, that was VERY annoying. They kept pushing the game back (MVA Unleashed) and yet the online still wasn't right. Games were very hard to connect to, the headsets rarely worked right and there was unbelievable lag like you said. It was so bad, people would complain that you took them out in a corner but on your screen they were behind you. I played the game religiously for a while because to a motocross racer this game was amazing so I didn't mind all the set backs. To the average gamer, like you said, this was not worth the time. Physics however is a problem for this game because truthfully, that is what single handedly made this game fun. Rainbow Studios is the ONLY developer that truly understood how to make a game that was realistic but still was fun for all because it's not quite a sim. I'm curious to see how this online play is going to work. It should be fun, there is going to be 12 player races instead of 8. Hopefully they take full advantage of Live and have downloadable content. Tracks should be a must for downloads, the ones on Unleashed are boring now.