PDA

View Full Version : Will I get anything for my BioShock faceplate?

Xbox Live Man
12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Well its been time since I actually played BioShock, I lost intrest after completing it, but I still have the faceplate on my 360. So I thought I might aswell put it on Ebay & buy a new one. But will I get next to nothing for it?

SpaceGhost2K
12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Are you talking about the UK plate without the Big Daddy, or the Gamestop managers plate with the Big Daddy? If it's the latter, do youhave the box and what kinf of condition is it in, or the lanyard or written materials inside. All of that stuff adds value for collectors. The price is falling as the game gets older, so if you want the most for it, it's Christmas. Now's the time. If you want an idea how much you'd get for it, just check eBay. They change too fast so there's no "Beckett's" for faceplates.

Xbox Live Man
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Nah, this face plate is like a green rusty one with the BioShock logo underneath the tray.

SpaceGhost2K
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Nah, this face plate is like a green rusty one with the BioShock logo underneath the tray.

Ah, I see you're in UK now. I like tht plate better than the other one, actually. You can probably get about $25 US for it plus shipping. It has been VERY difficult for us here int eh US to get UK sellers to agree to ship to us. There's a really good chance you'll find someone in here who will buy the plate from you, and if you wanted to do some store searching, there are probably a number of UK only plates that you could sell to collectors in here.

I know I'd give my left nut for a Virgin Megastore plate with the blue rings of light.

Xbox Live Man
12-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Lol...so if I bung it on ebay & sort it out so it can be shipped to the US I could get myself about a tenner...sounds good to me. Thanks for the adivce.

SpaceGhost2K
12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Lol...so if I bung it on ebay & sort it out so it can be shipped to the US I could get myself about a tenner...sounds good to me. Thanks for the adivce.

Hang on a day or so and you'll probably get an offer from someone on here and save the eBay fees, plus the time and hassle listing it.

I don't really expect that there are any of those blue ring plates to be had, but I would be very interested in the "water" plate that Microsoft released over there. If you wanted to be a UK contact for us, you could probably make a bit.

Xbox Live Man
12-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I will look around for people if thats what they want, I don't know where to look or anything being the fact that I've only ever bought two faceplates. One I can't really describe & the other being BioShock. So I will need to be taught by people, lol.