PDA

View Full Version : Figures

Elite-Concepts
12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
I am looking for some ideas for some faceplates i want to make, along with this i want action figures to go with them ( space if you mad i adding figures i wont just thought its an extremely good idea) so any 1 if they can comment on some good ideas, i was thinking transformers as 1 but if you guys think of something else please let me know, if you find a good figure (in the UK preferably) its even better.

Thanks a bunch

EC

SpaceGhost2K
12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Attaching action figures to plates is my idea, so you can't do it.

:D

Silly.

There are some Transformers keychains that are small and would work well on a plate. I've got two in the works but I'm taking a different approach with them.

FlawIe55
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
some of the halo heroclix would be cool figs to add to a plate.

Variation-XBA
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I want THE ULTIMATE Halo faceplate, it has to be attached to the giant HAlo Clix Scarab that's like 2ft tall... haha

Ainokeatoo
12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
2ft?... So... Would the 360 be hanging off of the figure then?

Variation-XBA
12-19-2007, 01:14 AM
This is the Scarab I have:

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/1185489032.jpg

Put that on a faceplate and make it functional and I'll be impressed ;)

Elite-Concepts
12-19-2007, 11:09 AM
i trying to think of some good ideas that i can get figures or something for that would look cool

Another thing is i want to make something that hasnt already been done. And its hard with space as you seem to have done everything i think of, i think of a good idea, look to make sure space or no 1 else has done something like it.... dam space already has lol

haha any ideas any 1?

~EC

SpaceGhost2K
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I did a Wonder Woman plate that was okay, with the intention of doing three simple superhero plates. I never did get to Supes or Bats. I have figures and logos for both, I just haven't done them. I have a Batplate that's been in the works forever. You should give one a shot and see what you can do with it.

Elite-Concepts
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
i was thinking about batman but its finding the right figures as well lol

SpaceGhost2K
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
i was thinking about batman but its finding the right figures as well lol

One thing about Batman is that there's a zillion figures to choose from. I"m trying to find a Speedball figure, or even one to use as a custom. Yeah, right.

Elite-Concepts
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
its just coming up with inspiration really, like i was thinking wolverine would be a good 1 and i think i am going to do that, its just going to be hard to find the right figure, if any of you guys come up with a cool figure or something that would make a great plate please post here, space maybe you can make it into a pin up thread like the other 1 you just made... can help all designers with inspiration and it will show what some collectors like as well.

~EC

SpaceGhost2K
12-19-2007, 07:41 PM
This would be tricky, but paint the back of his closed fist on the USB area, and take three pieces of styrene plastic cut to look like blades and attach them lengthwise up the plate.

Elite-Concepts
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
i just got a "the thing" figure to day as i thought it would make a good faceplate that no 1 has done. I have a few ideas but i wanna hear what other people think as well. Give me your ideas, never know it might actually turn into a proper plate? haha

Regards

~EC

SpaceGhost2K
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Look at chezymonkey's customs. His rocky surface would make a good Thing plate.

Elite-Concepts
12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Look at chezymonkey's customs. His rocky surface would make a good Thing plate.

i did think of that but not sure, i also thought of this snapping the arms of the poor toy and make it look like he is breaking though the 360 with his arms.

what you guys think?

Elite-Concepts
12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
also how do you make the rock affect? like what actually do you do to make it ?

~EC

SpaceGhost2K
12-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Have to ask him. I don't know. Breaking through would be a good plate.