PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

JakofallAces
05-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I ended up picking up an "urban" faceplate for $11 which included expedited shipping. =) there was 1 for sale on amazon.com by a user and the plate cost $4.75 and expedited shipping was only $6 for the item.

i wanna see the listing for that, that is way too good to be true i would be careful its not a fake or rip off skin moltenluv had gotten one of those

wicked_d365
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
NCAA 08 http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-08-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360-RARE_W0QQitemZ270241188487QQihZ017QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dark Sector http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Dark-Sector-XBOX-360-Faceplate-Not-In-Stores-WOW_W0QQitemZ280229582507QQihZ018QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never seen this plate before, someone help me with this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/xbox-360-ultimate-alliance-xbox-360-faceplate_W0QQitemZ220239906484QQihZ012QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Symmetric-XBA
05-28-2008, 04:43 PM
NCAA 08 http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-08-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360-RARE_W0QQitemZ270241188487QQihZ017QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dark Sector http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Dark-Sector-XBOX-360-Faceplate-Not-In-Stores-WOW_W0QQitemZ280229582507QQihZ018QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never seen this plate before, someone help me with this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/xbox-360-ultimate-alliance-xbox-360-faceplate_W0QQitemZ220239906484QQihZ012QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats just a regular faceplate from the company nyko or however you spell it lol. you can go to the website and buy them directly if you wish.

wicked_d365
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
cool, just wondering, never seen it before

SpaceGhost2K
05-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Nyko's website only offers the paper insert plate and extra inserts. This plate is listed, but it routes you to a list of retailers that carry the plate... and it's a lie because I've been to all those stores and they do NOT have them.

Ranzo
05-28-2008, 10:20 PM
EB in canada has three pack faceplates , Silver, Dark Silver and Black that when down to 9.99 today. Not a bad price?

hellonearth159
05-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Ninety Nine Nights (N3) launch on ebay
N3 Faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox360-Korean-N3-Faceplate-pre-order-only_W0QQitemZ330240790482)

SpaceGhost2K
05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
EB in canada has three pack faceplates , Silver, Dark Silver and Black that when down to 9.99 today. Not a bad price?

That's a good price. I just bought $100 worth plf plates to use for customs or I'd work out something to get some of those.

Ninety Nine Nights (N3) launch on ebay
N3 Faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox360-Korean-N3-Faceplate-pre-order-only_W0QQitemZ330240790482)

Aargh!

Must. Rob. Bank.

ez054098
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
The N3 Faceplate looks like a skin

SpaceGhost2K
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The N3 Faceplate looks like a skin

It is, but it isn't an after-market skin. The skin was applied by the company and given out as a plate. So there's nowhere out there where you could get the skin and do it yourself. Also, they're pretty rare. I think that's only the third one I've ever seen.

gameking28
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
360 Launch Team System with controller (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140239939149&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004)

UNV Superkid
06-09-2008, 08:10 PM
360 Launch Team System with controller (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140239939149&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004)

super sweet and i am super broke so this super sucks!!!

I hate moving expenses!!

gameking28
06-09-2008, 08:27 PM
WAY overpriced collection of some fairly common plates (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250257279083&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015).

JarkMan
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
that green xbox looks like a fake not to be mean or anything it looks cool but personally i think its fake cause u think it would still say HDD on the hard drive?

gameking28
06-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't say it's "hard" to fake something like this, but it wouldn't be easy - not without breaking the warranty seal on both the xbox and the hard drive. It says it's under warranty so I think the seal is probably there.

The silver "HDD" plates on top of the drive are removable. The higher ups at MS had personalized ones with their gamertag engraved on it. The other launch team systems say "November 11th, 2005"

If it came from an exec, it was probably removed so they wouldn't get in trouble. If it was one of the ones with the date on it, it was probably removed as a keepsake.

I took a look at my system - it looks pretty legit to me. :confused:

I already have one, but I'm watching it. If no one here expresses interest (and the price stays reasonable) I may go after it.

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I bid on it, but not very high. Wanna know why?

'cause the SOB's at Xbox repaired my other launch team console and it came back today... WITHOUT THE GREEN PANELS. I am so pissed I could literally kill someone if they were in the room. First thing I thought when I heard this was that someone took my end pieces and "made" themselves a launch console with them. BUT it wouldn't have had the other stuff.

When we wrote up the service order, I had them explain the situation with the green panels in the "notes" section, and I even had the guy read it back to me. Then per his instruction, I put the service number on the shipping label AND on a note attached to the console, where I explained again the situation with the green panels.

I talked to a member of the product team at the Spring Sumit about the console dying. I was told that they were repairing units and not shipping refurbs. Well I got the same unit back alright. Same serial number and everything, EXCEPT when they opened it up to fix the chip, they just helped themselves to my green panels and dropped the value of my console by about a thousand dollars.

I'm so pissed I could chew my arm off.

I called today and got some Indian guy named "Edward." I explained it to him for fifteen minutes before he FINALLY sent me to a supervisor named "Earl." Except that "Earl" ended up being "Jason," who was not Indian. I explained the situation a second time to Jason, and I GOT CUT OFF.

When I called back, do you think I could go straight to a supervisor? Hell no. I had to go through the whole damn story a THIRD time with another Indian named "Felix." Are their really Indians named Edward and Felix? Anyway, I told him I wanted Jason RIGHT NOW, and suddenly he couldn't remember whether my name was Mr. Ed or Mr. Jason. And he wanted to verify everything. Again. ANOTHER fifteen minutes on the phone. FINALLY he gets me to Amber.

I tell Amber that I was just talking to Jason when I was cut off. I didn't want to go through this whole story a fourth time just to get cut off again, so could I please have a direct number where I could call her back if we got cut off. She said that she didn't have a number that she could give out.. AND I GOT CUT OFF AGAIN!

I was || this close to throwing my phone across the room I was so pissed. Know what's worse? Both Amber and Jason had my f'n info right there in front of their faces, with my service number AND MY PHONE NUMBER and neither one of them bothered to call me back when my call was cut off.

So I let the product team guy know how unhappy I am. And I'm not BLAMING him, I just need his help because I don't know what else to do. Except that I know one OTHER thing I can do, and I'm going to do that on Friday if I can't get this resolved.

I have the email address for Mr. Steve Ballmer, who invited us at the MVP Summit to send him a personal email if we had issues. Oh boy, do I have an issue. Anyway, I don't have to have a console in my hands on Friday, but if I don't know for a fact that there is a solution in the works, Mr. Ballmer is getting an earful.

What happens if you win the Ninja Gaiden II console and it dies? Do they send you a core replacement and go "oh, well?" They have to have some kind of f'n protocol for dealing with this other than people on the phone who barely speak English, and people at the repair center in Texas who CAN'T speak English, getting special instructions that they don't know how to read.

GOD, I'm so pissed.

gameking28
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm guessing plan B is creating a huge media uproar like the dude that got his signed console back all nice and clean? I'd almost make that plan A if I were you - The suits at MS stepped up big for him.
Although as an MVP, I have a feeling they'll take care of you. Whether or not support actually fixes this for you, I think an email to someone up the chain-o-command is in order so they can deliver yet another biach slap down the line.
Seriously, WTF is wrong with those techs out in Texas? You'd think they would have learned from the signed console debacle but apparently not.

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm guessing plan B is creating a huge media uproar like the dude that got his signed console back all nice and clean? I'd almost make that plan A if I were you - The suits at MS stepped up big for him.
Although as an MVP, I have a feeling they'll take care of you. Whether or not support actually fixes this for you, I think an email to someone up the chain-o-command is in order so they can deliver yet another biach slap down the line.
Seriously, WTF is wrong with those techs out in Texas? You'd think they would have learned from the signed console debacle but apparently not.

sorry about that ed really and seriously wtf i got sexually harrasshed while waiting for something to process after calling MS they asked if i was a girl or not and then kept telling me how i sounded like a girl and how funny it was that i sounded like one i was like wtf back off you creep very strange personel work at the service centers for xbox

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Actually... I'm not an MVP anymore.

Now that IS a long story for another time.

May wasn't a great month.

tacohead
06-10-2008, 02:20 AM
That is a terrible story. Sorry to hear it. It sounds like collectors consoles should just be boxed up and put away. Too risky.

UNV Superkid
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
well i am sorry that you are no longer an MVP that really sucks, but since you arent i would really push the issue about the green panels missing... because that really sucks that is a big part of the whole lauch xbox!!! and if it were me i would be rasing H*** in the nicestway possible

wicked_d365
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Sounds just like the Halo Xbox episode again. If you do decide to go route # 2 I'd be nice to him atleast, hell, maybe the'll hook you up like Bungie did. Hope it all works out.

SpaceGhost2K
06-10-2008, 12:15 PM
About the MVP thing:

To make a long story short, a guy in the forums at txb was out of line and I told him to STFU. The people at the MVP program said that was out of line for an MVP. Thing is, MVP is an award, not a "job" or a "position." It's not for stuff I'm doing now. It's for stuff I did last year. What I was told was that my behavior in the situation was noted and would be considered when I came up for renewel again this October 1.

First of all, Xbox MVP's are a little different than the other technical MVP's because of who they interact with. True, it was out of line, BUT, the guy I went off on was so out of control that the mods there banned him and didn't even give me a warning, because every mod there has said something similar to some netmoron at some point. Anyway, it mostly happened because I got defensive about being told what to do when I should have just chilled, and I resigned. About a week later, after hearing from a bunch of MVP's that I shouldn't have resigned and let it blow over, I said to just drop it, but stuff was already in the works to yank me. I WAS told that I would be up for consideration again next October, so maybe I can get it back. God knows, I've sacrificed more time, money and effort this year for the "xbox community" than ever before. Launching the forums, building the database, attending and reporting on events, holding contests and giving out my own stuff and paying my own postage. And the faceplates is actually building a new community out of nothing WITHOUT stealing from some other community.

Anyway.

I'm not going to be "not nice" to Microsoft. I'll raise my voice to stress the importance of the situation, but not in anger. They don't seem to look at this as a problem to be solved (on a bigger scale, not just MY problem). They just seem to accept dealing with the icolated incidents that are becoming less and less isolated. I LIKE Microsoft. I want them to be successful at this. And I've been given a lot by them. But I don't want to take a bullet for them.

JakofallAces
06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
About the MVP thing:

To make a long story short, a guy in the forums at txb was out of line and I told him to STFU. The people at the MVP program said that was out of line for an MVP. Thing is, MVP is an award, not a "job" or a "position." It's not for stuff I'm doing now. It's for stuff I did last year. What I was told was that my behavior in the situation was noted and would be considered when I came up for renewel again this October 1.

First of all, Xbox MVP's are a little different than the other technical MVP's because of who they interact with. True, it was out of line, BUT, the guy I went off on was so out of control that the mods there banned him and didn't even give me a warning, because every mod there has said something similar to some netmoron at some point. Anyway, it mostly happened because I got defensive about being told what to do when I should have just chilled, and I resigned. About a week later, after hearing from a bunch of MVP's that I shouldn't have resigned and let it blow over, I said to just drop it, but stuff was already in the works to yank me. I WAS told that I would be up for consideration again next October, so maybe I can get it back. God knows, I've sacrificed more time, money and effort this year for the "xbox community" than ever before. Launching the forums, building the database, attending and reporting on events, holding contests and giving out my own stuff and paying my own postage. And the faceplates is actually building a new community out of nothing WITHOUT stealing from some other community.

Anyway.

I'm not going to be "not nice" to Microsoft. I'll raise my voice to stress the importance of the situation, but not in anger. They don't seem to look at this as a problem to be solved (on a bigger scale, not just MY problem). They just seem to accept dealing with the icolated incidents that are becoming less and less isolated. I LIKE Microsoft. I want them to be successful at this. And I've been given a lot by them. But I don't want to take a bullet for them.

that ****in retarted sorry to hear spacey i know u can get it back, if u dont mind me asking what was thins guy ranting about that got u resigned from the MVP status also about the green panels at least u still have the controller and i think it might have to do with people physically modding their xboxs and sending them into MS to get them fixed and have them stripped down and made into normal xboxs but ya that is **** i hope June doesnt give you a kick up the ass good luck with your deals CYA

SpaceGhost2K
06-10-2008, 06:20 PM
An update and then I'll answer Jak's question.

My friend at MS found someone with two of the green panels. I am to ship my Xbox to him, and he'll get the panels replaced for me, without it having to go through the repair monkeys again. I am going to hook it up and make sure it's really repaired before I do that though. Wouldn't it suck to get the panels replaced and THEN find out that it still didn't work?

OK, to Jak's question: what did the guy do? The guy was absolutely bashing, bytching and complaining about everything: Xbox, Wii... didn't matter. And if someone said anything, even if they had a valid complaint, this guy would totally blow it out of proportion, making assumptions and painting the picture as bad as it could possibly be. After listening to post after post after post of this, I finally told him he needed a nice, steaming hot cup of STFU. Then I told him that again in 1-2 subsequent posts where he just kept on mouthing off. Finally, TXB banned him. His retaliation was to go to the MVP's and cry that I told him to shut up. True, I had a better recourse. I should have gone to the mods and asked them to get out the axe, and I didn't. Instead, I told him repeatedly to shut his cakehole.

That's why I don't do mod stuff. Even when I had the power at xbox.com I didn't do it. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. and I'd be like Freddie Kruger, offin' morons left and right. Whole forums would be decimated before I could be stopped, lol.

Anyway, what's done is done, and hopefully bustin' my hump for "the people" will be recognized as being much more valuable than telling one smart-mouthed punk to STFU is detrimental. I really enjoyed being MVP, for the people I met, the people I had access to, how it's helped cement me as a community leader, and mostly, just for all the opportunities it presented. The fact that I didn't say "thanks" and walk away, but took those opportunities and used them to make the community even better, will hopefully keep me seriously considered for another year.

Ry
06-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Glad your getting your panels back!.

Symmetric-XBA
06-10-2008, 07:33 PM

My friend at MS found someone with two of the green panels. I am to ship my Xbox to him, and he'll get the panels replaced for me, without it having to go through the repair monkeys again.
Good to finally hear MS is doing something to compensate for this. MVP or not, this is the kind of treatment that all xbox users should be receiving.

JakofallAces
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM

That's why I don't do mod stuff. Even when I had the power at xbox.com I didn't do it. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. and I'd be like Freddie Kruger, offin' morons left and right. Whole forums would be decimated before I could be stopped, lol.

i would be thoroughly screwed after my first day

SpaceGhost2K
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I should have put all this into its own thread instead of messing up the heads up thread.

Anyway, an update. UPS just arrived at my door, bearing two green grills - the ones off my console. They call them an "accessory." Don't get me started. Anyway, they mailed them in a padded envelope and one of the security clips was broken in shipment. I looked it out, and they clip in six places, plus the two ends. so it's only an annoyance. I still can't replace them without voiding the warranty, so I am still going to male the grills and console up to MS and they'll swap them out for me.

So things ARE looking up.

gh0st_r1der is the one donating the WALL-E console, for those of you who didn't figure that out :) He has nice pics on the way and I should get them posted later tonight. IT ROCKS! The console is signed but not the plate. We agreed that nobody should sign the plate except Andrew Stanton, which is going to be near impossible less than a month from the premiere of the movie.

gh0st_r1der
06-11-2008, 02:01 AM
... bearing two green grills - the ones off my console. They call them an "accessory." Don't get me started. Anyway, they mailed them in a padded envelope and one of the security clips was broken in shipment. I looked it out, and they clip in six places, plus the two ends. so it's only an annoyance. I still can't replace them without voiding the warranty, so I am still going to male the grills and console up to MS and they'll swap them out for me. ...

BIG mistake, it takes only 30 seconds to remove the grills and replace them with the another ones. And your warranty is still valid. TRUST ME !!!
I'll make you a video in the next 2-3 days how to do it. Don't send the console to M$FT !!

SpaceGhost2K
06-11-2008, 02:23 AM
BIG mistake, it takes only 30 seconds to remove the grills and replace them with the another ones. And your warranty is still valid. TRUST ME !!!
I'll make you a video in the next 2-3 days how to do it. Don't send the console to M$FT !!

OK. The looked like they should come off, but on the inside, they were sticking to pegs. I'll wait to hear from you before I do anything. Thanks :)

**EDIT** You said it could be done, and I'm smarter than the average bear. Voila, my Launch Team 360 lives again.

*falls over dead

Ry
06-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Good, Glad that worked out for you. Hopfully you will get your Xbox MVP Status back.

tinytoonsbuster
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Grand Theft Auto 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console

SpaceGhost2K
06-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I would say that that's a very reasonable price for all that.

Think of it.

$450 for an Elite, with one controller and a headset.
$30 for the datapad
$100 for the wireless adapter (not that THAT'S worth that, but it's what it costs)
$30 for the remote
$30 for the quick charge kit
$50 for the mem card (assuming the larger size)

That's $690 just for the tangeable stuff.

It doesn't say if the game is included, but I'd be floored if it wasn't.
$60 GTA IV game.

Now you're at $750.

$100 easy for the briefcase itself.

Now you're at $850.

It's easily worth another $150 for the branding on the faceplate and the console. That faceplate, being numbered and official, could go for up to $500 alone, if you sold JUST the faceplate.

See, I thought all of those when I got my launch console though, and I got it for $500 WITH the green controller, green hard drive AND the "I Made This" faceplate that's worth $500 all by itself.

JakofallAces
06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I would say that that's a very reasonable price for all that.

Think of it.

$450 for an Elite, with one controller and a headset.
$30 for the datapad
$100 for the wireless adapter (not that THAT'S worth that, but it's what it costs)
$30 for the remote
$30 for the quick charge kit
$50 for the mem card (assuming the larger size)

That's $690 just for the tangeable stuff.

It doesn't say if the game is included, but I'd be floored if it wasn't.
$60 GTA IV game.

Now you're at $750.

$100 easy for the briefcase itself.

Now you're at $850.

It's easily worth another $150 for the branding on the faceplate and the console. That faceplate, being numbered and official, could go for up to $500 alone, if you sold JUST the faceplate.

See, I thought all of those when I got my launch console though, and I got it for $500 WITH the green controller, green hard drive AND the "I Made This" faceplate that's worth $500 all by itself.

just wondering mod edward what happened to the my faceplates and my reviews side buttons now i can only see my posts but pimped out in bold HELL YA

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 03:09 AM
just wondering mod edward what happened to the my faceplates and my reviews side buttons now i can only see my posts but pimped out in bold HELL YA

You haven't written any reviews is why the "My Reviews" is gone.

And you haven't made any custom plates which is why "My Faceplates" is gone.

Every morning, the site sill lookthrough the reviews and through the customs in the database, and if you're there, then you'll get a link under your name. If you're not, you don't.

Write a review Thursday and you'll have it Friday.

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 03:11 AM
**NOTE** He was working on it tonight and I see that my reviews are gone, too. (I've done two, so you might have some too for all I know.) Anyway, he's working on it and if they don't show up in the morning, he'll track down the reason.

JakofallAces
06-12-2008, 09:25 AM
**NOTE** He was working on it tonight and I see that my reviews are gone, too. (I've done two, so you might have some too for all I know.) Anyway, he's working on it and if they don't show up in the morning, he'll track down the reason.

You haven't written any reviews is why the "My Reviews" is gone.

And you haven't made any custom plates which is why "My Faceplates" is gone.

Every morning, the site sill lookthrough the reviews and through the customs in the database, and if you're there, then you'll get a link under your name. If you're not, you don't.

Write a review Thursday and you'll have it Friday.

ya i was gonna say u lost yours too but anyways i thought the MY FACEPLATES thing was about all the faceplates you had not only customs my bad

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
ya i was gonna say u lost yours too but anyways i thought the MY FACEPLATES thing was about all the faceplates you had not only customs my bad

It will be, but for right now it's just customs.

When I upload a plate, I have to put the creator, if I know it. Once I do that, then the plate can be linked to the member.

But for the "my collection" part, we haven't made a way to designate which plates members own yet, so we can't put a link to that under your name. Building a "collection", "wishlist" and "trade list" are going to take more time, and not likely to happen before release. Actually, they WON'T happen before release, because there's no time to test and tweak it.

JakofallAces
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
It will be, but for right now it's just customs.

When I upload a plate, I have to put the creator, if I know it. Once I do that, then the plate can be linked to the member.

But for the "my collection" part, we haven't made a way to designate which plates members own yet, so we can't put a link to that under your name. Building a "collection", "wishlist" and "trade list" are going to take more time, and not likely to happen before release. Actually, they WON'T happen before release, because there's no time to test and tweak it.

whatever just keep doing what your doing and i will be there at 12:01am on Tuesday to see it all thanks

gameking28
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
OK. The looked like they should come off, but on the inside, they were sticking to pegs. I'll wait to hear from you before I do anything. Thanks :)

**EDIT** You said it could be done, and I'm smarter than the average bear. Voila, my Launch Team 360 lives again.

*falls over dead

Nice! All's well that ends well I suppose... I'd still want to break some faces at the repair center over this though.

Grand Theft Auto 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console

Wow. Spacey actually broke that down nicely... if it wasn't so impractical for me (I have 5 360s in my house at the moment - long story) I might actually consider bidding on it.

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Wow. Spacey actually broke that down nicely... if it wasn't so impractical for me (I have 5 360s in my house at the moment - long story) I might actually consider bidding on it.

I'm a professional, eh.

wicked_d365
06-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Didn't know if you guys have seen these yet, they look good. I like the GH ones.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmessymedia

SpaceGhost2K
06-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Someone in here has a couple of his plates in their collection, so I have pictures of those. He is supposed to give me a link to his photobucket folder so I can upload his customs. He's got about fifty different ones, but if they're just slightly different, I'll put one of each up. I just haven't heard back from him yet, and searching around Photobucket didn't turn up anything. Did find some other cool plates, though.

hellonearth159
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Simpson's console!!!!!
Ebay item 200232082844 (http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-EDITION-SIMPSONS-XBOX-360_W0QQitemZ200232082844)

KatamariKutie
06-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Simpson's console!!!!!
Ebay item 200232082844 (http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-EDITION-SIMPSONS-XBOX-360_W0QQitemZ200232082844)

Starting at 999.99? Is that what the others have gone for? I know someone in here got one maybe it was goldeneyes? or was it you hellonearth? was it that expensive?

JakofallAces
06-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Starting at 999.99? Is that what the others have gone for? I know someone in here got one maybe it was goldeneyes? or was it you hellonearth? was it that expensive?

WTF i would die for that plate but sadly my life isnt worth 999.99 because my mom would kill me all i want is the plate which ghost has

SpaceGhost2K
06-17-2008, 01:45 AM
The GTA IV console just sold for $1125 and it was x/500. The Simpsons is x/100. However, the GTA IV console also came with that secret agent case with the accessories in it. Pretty much a wash. I'd say $1K is reasonable.

SpaceGhost2K
06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgarage_321

This guy has two really good looking customs. Not sure how he does it. They look as good as skins but don't look like skins. Anyway, I invited him here and offered to add them to the list.

tacohead
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Here it is! Complete with faceplate: http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Launch-Team-2005-Special-Edition_W0QQitemZ300234603180QQihZ020QQcategoryZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KatamariKutie
06-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Here it is! Complete with faceplate: http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Launch-Team-2005-Special-Edition_W0QQitemZ300234603180QQihZ020QQcategoryZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In nice small print in the description it states its got the RROD so buyer beware :)

gh0st_r1der
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
That dead console doesn't worth more than $500 with shipping included
majority of the money go to the faceplate, the controller and the grills . I'll give $40(shipping included) for the rest.

gh0st_r1der
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Actually the controller doesn't look legit. There is no pic of the grills. I think the seller is a scammer. Selling dead console with US launch team faceplate for $800. Smart but not enough. DON'T BUY !

wicked_d365
06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
800, is he high, even if it is a launch system. I sent a question, asking for more pics.

JakofallAces
06-25-2008, 07:00 AM
now i have seen some pretty rediculous prices for plates on ebay for barely rare or not even close to rare plates but i must say this one takes the cake

gorillazs faceplate FOR FREAKING 800 DOLLARS!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-XBOX-360-GORILLAZ-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250263009726QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Variation-XBA
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
now i have seen some pretty rediculous prices for plates on ebay for barely rare or not even close to rare plates but i must say this one takes the cake

gorillazs faceplate FOR FREAKING 800 DOLLARS!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-XBOX-360-GORILLAZ-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250263009726QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Sounds like a Tinytoon auction :rofl::rofl:

SpaceGhost2K
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
If there's another Gorillaz plate listed, then you have to be competitive, but if you're the only one, you can ask whatever you want.

And people are free to say "not a chance," too. :)

tinytoonsbuster
06-28-2008, 01:32 AM
simpsons movie console ebay item number 320268359241

JakofallAces
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
simpsons movie console ebay item number 320268359241

DAMN THESE BIN auctions for 1k

ez054098
06-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, it is mine now :-)

JakofallAces
06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, it is mine now :-)

hey if you have 1k to throw away i say hey and you go your way. Congrats and i hope you like it. Also can i have the faceplate

Ry
06-28-2008, 06:44 PM
hey if you have 1k to throw away i say hey and you go your way. Congrats and i hope you like it. Also can i have the faceplatelol you rlly want that faceplate eh????

ez054098
06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
hey if you have 1k to throw away i say hey and you go your way. Congrats and i hope you like it. Also can i have the faceplate

Well, it is kind of a package thing. I can post pictures when I get it if anyone is interested.

JakofallAces
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, it is kind of a package thing. I can post pictures when I get it if anyone is interested.

i know i just want the faceplate so if you wanna sell it to me...

ez054098
06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
i know i just want the faceplate so if you wanna sell it to me...

Probably zero chance of that. :)

ez054098
06-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know of any pre-order faceplates that are coming out this year. Besides UT3?

tinytoonsbuster
06-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Need for Speed Pro Street faceplate ebay item number 120277975114

IdolM@ster Girls faceplate ebay item number 120277975309

ChromeHounds faceplate ebay item number 120277975420

Variation-XBA
06-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know of any pre-order faceplates that are coming out this year. Besides UT3?

Rumor has it Street Fighter 4 Collector

Symmetric-XBA
06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Rumor has it Street Fighter 4 Collector

not a rumor, its legit. Street Fighter 4 will hit us shelves in feb. of 2009. There will be a faceplate offererd, but no details have been mentioned yet as to if it will be a pre-order. so far talks have leaned more towards the faceplate to come packaged with a special edition version of SF4. No details as to the design of the plate as well. I'm sure we all have our fav's as to who we would want to see on it.

hellonearth159
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
The gamestop site says:

Soul Calibur 4 Collector's Edition comes with metal case, art book, tournament bracket card and t-shirt (XL size)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk151/cantstopcollecting159/SOULCALIBURPRE-ORDER.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
06-29-2008, 04:50 PM
The gamestop site says:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk151/cantstopcollecting159/SOULCALIBURPRE-ORDER.jpg

I think they're talking Street Fighter 4, not Soul Calibur 4. That's a sweet collectors set though.

hellonearth159
06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
My bad!!!
The street fighter pre-order bonus says:

Pre-Order Street Fighter 4 and receive the Art of Street Fighter art book. Book will ship with order. While supplies last.

Variation-XBA
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
not a rumor, its legit. Street Fighter 4 will hit us shelves in feb. of 2009. There will be a faceplate offererd, but no details have been mentioned yet as to if it will be a pre-order. so far talks have leaned more towards the faceplate to come packaged with a special edition version of SF4. No details as to the design of the plate as well. I'm sure we all have our fav's as to who we would want to see on it.

Yea, I know you got your in and such, but until it's officially announced, I'll still be skeptical

hellonearth159
07-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Soul Calibur Faceplate from a french seller
Ebay item 320270256534 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320270256534)
http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/fb/6a/1a4a_1.JPG

LeThAl REMiX
07-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Spinter Cell faceplate.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Splinter-Cell-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360-New-and-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ320269298109QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320269298109&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and just one with console skin. never seen it before
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-RED-FLAMES-SKIN-SKINS-DECAL-FACEPLATE-XBOX360_W0QQitemZ360065909096QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360065909096&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and ebay canada has some pretty cool ones. I'll post links.
Unreal Tournament(ships worldwide): http://cgi.ebay.ca/Unreal-Tournament-III-XBOX-360-Faceplate-RARE-New-shipW_W0QQitemZ270250746681QQihZ017QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Naruto faceplate: http://cgi.ebay.ca/XBOX-360-NARUTO-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ170234578426QQihZ007QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A camo one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-360-System-Faceplate-Skin-Army-Green-NEW_W0QQitemZ370065751131QQihZ024QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Halo 3: http://cgi.ebay.ca/LICENSED-LTD-MASTER-CHIEF-XBOX-360-HALO-3-FACEPLATE-NEW_W0QQitemZ150265092358QQihZ005QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.

JakofallAces
07-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Spinter Cell faceplate.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Splinter-Cell-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360-New-and-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ320269298109QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320269298109&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and just one with console skin. never seen it before
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-RED-FLAMES-SKIN-SKINS-DECAL-FACEPLATE-XBOX360_W0QQitemZ360065909096QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360065909096&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and ebay canada has some pretty cool ones. I'll post links.
Unreal Tournament(ships worldwide): http://cgi.ebay.ca/Unreal-Tournament-III-XBOX-360-Faceplate-RARE-New-shipW_W0QQitemZ270250746681QQihZ017QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Naruto faceplate: http://cgi.ebay.ca/XBOX-360-NARUTO-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ170234578426QQihZ007QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A camo one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-360-System-Faceplate-Skin-Army-Green-NEW_W0QQitemZ370065751131QQihZ024QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Halo 3: http://cgi.ebay.ca/LICENSED-LTD-MASTER-CHIEF-XBOX-360-HALO-3-FACEPLATE-NEW_W0QQitemZ150265092358QQihZ005QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.
ya all of those are store bought over here in the US you could get them awhile back for around 20 bucks for some of them but others were only in specific game stores. Nice finds though

UNV Superkid
07-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Soul Calibur Faceplate from a french seller
Ebay item 320270256534 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320270256534)
http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/fb/6a/1a4a_1.JPG

that is a really nice plate...!!

hellonearth159
07-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Another one that's pretty rare. Unfortunately, the seller will only ship to UK.
ebay item 300238996943 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300238996943)
http://i24.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fb/98/4ae2_1.JPG

JakofallAces
07-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Another one that's pretty rare. Unfortunately, the seller will only ship to UK.
ebay item 300238996943 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300238996943)
http://i24.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fb/98/4ae2_1.JPG

wasnt it made by madcatz i didnt think it was that rare?

hellonearth159
07-06-2008, 12:42 PM
wasnt it made by madcatz i didnt think it was that rare?

I struggle with that definition too. There are a lot of plates listed in the database as common, but you never see them on ebay and very few (if any) collectors have them. See the asian import plates for prime examples.

My definition of rare is that you can't buy them in stores or online, and you rarely if ever see them on ebay.

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I see that plate once in a while. I'm not sure how I have it ranked on the database but it should probably be a $$ out of $$$$$. They were regularly available at retail at a nominal price, and are really only difficult to get because of UK'ers reluctance to ship to the US. I bought mine from someone who had posted "UK Only" on the auction, and I just begged and she agreed to ship it to the US. I think even with all that, I only paid $25 shipped for it.

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LICENSED-LTD-CARBON-FIBER-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-NEW_W0QQitemZ180261547430QQihZ008QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Carbon Fiber plate, MS first party, new in sealed package, free shipping, $17.99.

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 08:53 PM
http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/fc/2c/b66f_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140247295108&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I'm listing a custom made Nintendo NES Console faceplate. I made it for someone who hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks, so it's up for grabs. The last one I made I ended up trading for a Need For Speed Pro Street faceplate that someone else later sold a similar plate for five hundred bucks.

Check back because I will have a Toy Story Aliens plate for sale too, very soon.

Shawn-XBA
07-06-2008, 09:04 PM
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fb/6d/c34b_1.JPG
Canadian Launch Team plate, # 45 / 158

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Framed-XBox-Face-Plate_W0QQitemZ230267852982QQihZ013QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fb/6d/c34b_1.JPG
Canadian Launch Team plate, # 45 / 158

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Framed-XBox-Face-Plate_W0QQitemZ230267852982QQihZ013QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, I did a seperate thread on that one 'cause it's a biggie.

ez054098
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
that is a really nice plate...!!

If you pre-order SC from Gamecrazy you get a faceplate.

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12739&LF=GB

SpaceGhost2K
07-07-2008, 10:28 PM
http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/fc/73/32da_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140247626326

There it is. The Toy Story Aliens plate. Starting bid, $99 and that's a freakin' steal if you've read how much work there is in one of those things. This one was actually harder because the last one had the arm practically built. I had to build this arm and claw entirely by hand.

KatamariKutie
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
You are so creative! *swoon*

Variation-XBA
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Do those not affect puttin the disc in the tray?

SpaceGhost2K
07-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Do those not affect puttin the disc in the tray?

nope.

wicked_d365
07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Damn you Space, why you have to do that plate when I'm broke as hell, and moving. I love that plate. Good job. Looks sweet as hell.

JakofallAces
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
You are so creative! *swoon*

wow you act like you are dating or something?!

SpaceGhost2K
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I am REALLY surprised there hasn't been any bids on the NES plate. People beg for that plate all the time.

gameking28
07-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I am REALLY surprised there hasn't been any bids on the NES plate. People beg for that plate all the time.

No bids yet... but how many people are watching I wonder? ;)

KatamariKutie
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
wow you act like you are dating or something?!

I don't think we've been on any dates......:p

SpaceGhost2K
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think we've been on any dates......:p

Yeah, you'd probably have to have money and stuff to date.

KatamariKutie
07-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, you'd probably have to have money and stuff to date.

I've accepted my fate as a "Faceplate Widow". I'm going to talk to Kamshaft about starting a thread for it under the faceplate forums. hahaha

JakofallAces
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I've accepted my fate as a "Faceplate Widow". I'm going to talk to Kamshaft about starting a thread for it under the faceplate forums. hahaha

why not just start one with out his consent like the rest of us CJ the THREAD KILLER with the notorious and infamous past of zero ruined threads

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Over 300 people have seen that NES faceplate auction, and with 50 minutes left, there are still no bidders.

I totally don't get it. Is everybody that broke? I mean, I'm already to the point that I'm not making new plates just to list on eBay. The last few plates I've listed are all plates that I made for people who bailed and never got back to me.

That was supposed to help pay for the E3 trip next week. :(

gameking28
07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
:cool:
I know it's only $60 towards the trip, but at least its something right?

Just hang on to the plate until I see you at E3 or there's another package ready to go out to me. I'm in no hurry. :D

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
:cool:
I know it's only $60 towards the trip, but at least its something right?

Just hang on to the plate until I see you at E3 or there's another package ready to go out to me. I'm in no hurry. :D

My hero. I dropped the shipping off since I owe you that glider anyway, so I'll get both of them into the mail for you tomorrow.

Also, FYI y'all, that Canadian Launch plate that is framed has about 14 hours to go and is currently at about $450. And you can win one for FREE here!

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh, and I'm already working on the next giveaway. Kam secured some Naruto faceplates from UbiSoft, and I'm working on getting some Civilization Revolution plates to give away. The last one will involve a TEST! None of this lame "throw your name in a hat" biniss. You're gonna have to work for this one... but we won't make you work TOO hard. We might even tell you where you can find the answers. :)

JakofallAces
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh, and I'm already working on the next giveaway. Kam secured some Naruto faceplates from UbiSoft, and I'm working on getting some Civilization Revolution plates to give away. The last one will involve a TEST! None of this lame "throw your name in a hat" biniss. You're gonna have to work for this one... but we won't make you work TOO hard. We might even tell you where you can find the answers. :)
what make the best custom??

hellonearth159
07-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Prey Faceplate on ebay item 220256396421 (http://cgi.ebay.com/PREY-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-HARD-TO-FIND-EXTREMELY-RARE_W0QQitemZ220256396421)
http://i23.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fd/71/0c14_1.JPG

ez054098
07-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Prey Faceplate on ebay item 220256396421 (http://cgi.ebay.com/PREY-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-HARD-TO-FIND-EXTREMELY-RARE_W0QQitemZ220256396421)
http://i23.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fd/71/0c14_1.JPG

This is on my wish list. $222.50 right now. Oh well, maybe next time.

ez054098
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Does any one know how many of these were produced?

wicked_d365
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Does any one know how many of these were produced?
Very limited, not sure on the number, only given at E3 if I remember right.

JakofallAces
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Very limited, not sure on the number, only given at E3 if I remember right.
sorta right they were only given to the developers and shown at E3 at the demo on the console in which you could play the demo of Prey

tinytoonsbuster
07-12-2008, 07:40 PM
290245526545 is a gears of war e3 faceplate. the seller had just bought it for $50 and is now listing it starting at $115

tinytoonsbuster
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
i have this weird feeling the prey faceplate is going to disappear off ebay... =D i think there are probably more of them produced. but the database says estimated only 10.

SpaceGhost2K
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I actually talked to the lead on the development team for Prey and he didn't know exactly how many were made. They were made for the E3 event and then given out to members of the team afterwards. Ten is an estimate, but there couldn't be more than a dozen of them. It's definitely a $$$$$ piece, in the realms of the Global Support and Moto GP plates.

tinytoonsbuster
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
well i guess it's not gunna dis appear off ebay. the guy sold me one and had another one!!! how do you have 2 PREY faceplates!? holy crap. well the one on ebay is already over the price i paid for it! so that's pretty cool. wonder what it's gunna get too.

moltenluv
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
well i guess it's not gunna dis appear off ebay. the guy sold me one and had another one!!! how do you have 2 PREY faceplates!? holy crap. well the one on ebay is already over the price i paid for it! so that's pretty cool. wonder what it's gunna get too.

Well thats the guy I got mine from and I know he has sold 2 others before that. How does he have them? Well he has connections out the ying-yang. I bought a Dark Sector from him and he said if there was anything else I was looking for just ask. I said Prey and he said no problem. But I don't feel so special anymore now that everybody is getting them :cry:

gameking28
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM

I thought you were the high bidder on the one on eBay so I was staying away from it! :p
At over $500 now its out of my range anyway. :(

Symmetric-XBA
07-21-2008, 03:22 AM
this surprised me

Stranglehold faceplate for $150! (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-John-Woo-presents-STRANGLEHOLD-XBOX-360-Faceplate_W0QQitemZ130240063055QQihZ003QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
this surprised me

Stranglehold faceplate for $150! (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-John-Woo-presents-STRANGLEHOLD-XBOX-360-Faceplate_W0QQitemZ130240063055QQihZ003QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

sounds like tinytoon auction and lets all offer him 3 bucks for it continually that would be hilarious

Zeitgeist
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
sounds like tinytoon auction and lets all offer him 3 bucks for it continually that would be hilarious

wow, 150$ for that? tell me none of you are actually going to pay that much for that :yikes:

UNV Superkid
07-21-2008, 01:33 PM
wow, 150$ for that? tell me none of you are actually going to pay that much for that :yikes:

that would be a negative

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM

i would for a much better plate, stranglehold was a skin so thats bs

SpaceGhost2K
07-21-2008, 02:20 PM
i would for a much better plate, stranglehold was a skin so thats bs

There was a skin and a plate. This is the plate. It's worth $30, if that.

Jesse757x
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Dark knight joker plate on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180268292167

SpaceGhost2K
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Dark knight joker plate on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180268292167

I've got one similar to that in the works too, so don't get mad at me. :D

wicked_d365
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM

Very nice, wish I had some extra cash.

Spacey, can't wait to see yours.

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290247892916&_trksid=p2759.l1259

One if the devs that got one of our WALL-E plates is apparently selling it already. No console or anything though, just the plate. Be interesting to see what happens with it.

Variation-XBA
07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
That's so dissapointing to see it resold :(

Jesse757x
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290247892916&_trksid=p2759.l1259

One if the devs that got one of our WALL-E plates is apparently selling it already. No console or anything though, just the plate. Be interesting to see what happens with it.
thats kind of messed up. hes also charging $20 in shipping and his feedback sucks but the faceplate is awesome and well done so he'll probably get a lot of money for it.

gameking28
07-23-2008, 05:40 AM

I was wondering what the story behind that was. What a douche. :mad:

gh0st_r1der
07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I was wondering what the story behind that was.
Reading the description .... blablabla ... faceplates given as promotion and presents ...

What a douche.
I don't get it.

Nobody here likes the faceplate ?! ... or hates the person that is selling it ?! ... I didn't read similar messages when the korean launch faceplates went for $350 a pop ?! ... shouldn't be the opposite, people happy to be able to own one of those faceplates ?!

yeah, I don't get it

SpaceGhost2K
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess they're just thinking that if a guy was given a present like that that they shouldn't have turned around and sold it.

wicked_d365
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM

that sucks. what a loser. Who's bidding on it too, I was trying, but I got outbid.
Is an addict going for it? If so let me know, I'll back off, if not, I want it.

Symmetric-XBA
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
im gonna be putting my name in the hat for this one. granted the seller is a shmuck but i def. want the faceplate.

hellonearth159
07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
that sucks. what a loser. Who's bidding on it too, I was trying, but I got outbid.
Is an addict going for it? If so let me know, I'll back off, if not, I want it.

I'm the one that started the bidding. I was just excited at being able to bid on a plate that I could not get any other way.
We've had this debate on other auctions...If someone needs the money more that they need the item (faceplate, limited edition xbox, ...) then they should be able to sell it. There should be no implied contract in a contest that says you can't sell what you win.

wicked_d365
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm the one that started the bidding. I was just excited at being able to bid on a plate that I could not get any other way.
We've had this debate on other auctions...If someone needs the money more that they need the item (faceplate, limited edition xbox, ...) then they should be able to sell it. There should be no implied contract in a contest that says you can't sell what you win.

No, I love the plate. We're just mad that the guy has only had it for about a month maybe, and started the auction at .99 Come on, this is a very limited edition item. People like that, and the Indiana Jones 360 guy piss me off to no end. If you don't want it, don't enter, or don't accept it. Let someone who really wants and deserves it get it.

Symmetric-XBA
07-23-2008, 05:32 PM
No, I love the plate. We're just mad that the guy has only had it for about a month maybe, and started the auction at .99 Come on, this is a very limited edition item. People like that, and the Indiana Jones 360 guy piss me off to no end. If you don't want it, don't enter, or don't accept it. Let someone who really wants and deserves it get it.

I can see your point. For someone to make a profit off of an item won that someone else would want is a bad thing in your eyes. I agree that it is hard, hell I know people on here can vouch for that, however the item is available. Granted you can't win it for free from a contest, but at least its available. I've been lovin this faceplate since I first saw it and the movie was one of the best animated movies I think I've ever seen, so this is a chance for me as well as everyone else to get it. Thats at least partly of how I see it, I may be wrong but oh well lol I love that faceplate.

Jesse757x
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
I think people start the auctions at .99 cents because the higher you start your listing, the higher the fee ebay is going to charge. Obviously limited edition items are going to sell for much higher than 99 cents but it's a way for sellers to avoid unnecessary listing fees.

gameking28
07-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Reading the description .... blablabla ... faceplates given as promotion and presents ...

I don't get it.

Nobody here likes the faceplate ?! ... or hates the person that is selling it ?! ... I didn't read similar messages when the korean launch faceplates went for $350 a pop ?! ... shouldn't be the opposite, people happy to be able to own one of those faceplates ?!

yeah, I don't get it

Don't get me wrong, I love that faceplate. I think it's awesome what Spacey and MPE did on the faceplate and what you went through to get the console signed for our contest here.

You make a good point about the Korean Launch plate. I wrote that post right after I read the winners list for the contest and didn't recognize half of the names on it. Then I read a post from one of the winners that has only 2 or 3 posts and was asking how much the faceplate he had won was worth expect it to show up on eBay any day now). Then I saw the post about this plate being on eBay and kind of lost it.

It seems like I've been running into stuff like this a lot lately - There are a ton of collectors here that would give their left arm for something like this and one of the people that was lucky enough to get one turns around to make a quick buck on eBay.

On the one hand I suppose I am grateful that the seller is putting it up so someone that wants it can get it. But on the other hand, with only a handful of these faceplates out there, I'm guessing the seller had to get it through some sort of contest or lottery. If he didn't want it, then he entered just so he could sell it. THAT is what made me angry.

gh0st_r1der
07-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Just to clarify. It is not the winner(I hope the contest winner will keep the faceplate and the console together ) of the contest that is selling WALL-E faceplate.

I still think WALL-E faceplate is awesome and one of the best out there.

hellonearth159
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Soul Calibur IV Soul Sword
Ebay Item 260267033942http://i20.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/00/8c/c8b9_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260267033942)

Soul Calibur IV Yoda
Ebay Item 260267034775http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/00/8c/f5eb_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260267034775)

The price is way too high if it's going to be as common as the GTA IV plates.

Symmetric-XBA
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
i need to check w/ my gamecrazy store b/c those are faceplates that you get if you pre-order sc4 through gamecrazy only.

BattleCruiser
07-25-2008, 04:46 PM
gh0st_r1der

I will be keeping the two together. In fact I am looking at getting the 3M clear auto protector, or something similar to protect the signatures.

UNV Superkid
07-25-2008, 06:07 PM
gh0st_r1der

I will be keeping the two together. In fact I am looking at getting the 3M clear auto protector, or something similar to protect the signatures.

thats is actually a good idea and if you ever have to send it to Microsoft, heaven forbid, make sure you send a note and tell them not to clean the cover, also when you call it in make sure you let them know the cover is signed....and hopefully they wont wipe it clean....

But we all know what happen to the last guy who sent his signed xbox in for repairs....

Symmetric-XBA
07-25-2008, 07:53 PM
yeah he got all the artwork and sig's removed lol. but got unscrewed lol Gamer's Nightmare comes to an end (http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/bungie-unscrews-previously-screwed-gamer/). The nice 360 he got in replacement w/ the sigs including bill gates' was a good cherry on top.

SpaceGhost2K
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
NO DICE?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Facepate-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ360074015215QQihZ023QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ez054098
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Anyone (here) bidding on it?

ez054098
07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Another Simpson's Xbox http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150276302196&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

SpaceGhost2K
07-29-2008, 01:20 AM

I have to get my wife's water turned back on, or I would. That plate is an enormous gaping hole in my collection, along with the three Canadian X05 plates.

It's killing me that I can't bid on that, but I gotta be real.

gameking28
07-29-2008, 04:52 AM

I'm thinking about it. I'm selling a bunch of swag I got at Comic-Con so I have a little extra cash to blow.

hellonearth159
07-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Tales of Vesperia 'pre-order' auction
Ebay item 160266560870http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-5/1307886/talesofvesperiafaceplate1.jpg (http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-TALES-OF-VESPERIA-LIMITED-FACEPLATE-NEW_W0QQitemZ160266560870)

kdub1982
07-29-2008, 07:54 AM
NO DICE?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Facepate-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ360074015215QQihZ023QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OMG! I want this sooo bad but i have no money!! damnit!!

SpaceGhost2K
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
What does it cost to just buy the Tales of Vesperia bundle from Japan and get it shipped here? You could turn around and sell the console... or keep it to play Japanese games... like IdolM@ster.... hmm....

Ry
07-29-2008, 09:26 PM
#320280711781 (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Gears-of-war-2-faceplate-signed-by-CliffyB_W0QQitemZ320280711781QQihZ011QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)sorry SpaceGhost, I need the money:(

SpaceGhost2K
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
#320280711781 (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Gears-of-war-2-faceplate-signed-by-CliffyB_W0QQitemZ320280711781QQihZ011QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)sorry SpaceGhost, I need the money:(

Well, we were both in the building and we both had lunch, but that's kinda stretchiing it, lol.

Hey, once a plate is out of my hands, anybody can do anything with them they want to. They're not mine anymore.

If you get $200 for it though, I want a cut. :D

Jesse757x
07-29-2008, 11:29 PM
oo man i want that faceplate but i probably can't afford it. Whats the reserve price set at?

hellonearth159
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Another Dice plate
item 360075711356http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/00/ab/6034_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ360075711356)

Another Wall-e Plate
item 130243117413http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/01/e1/1205_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/WALL-E-FACEPLATE-XBOX-360-ULTRA-SUPER-RARE-PROMO-ITEM_W0QQitemZ130243117413)

SpaceGhost2K
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
I threw a few bucks at the DICE faceplate but there isn't a chance in hell of me winning it.

Unless I sell about $1,000 worth of faceplates in the next five days.

There are also a few of the Play.co.uk Soul Calibur plates showing up now on eBay. All of them so far that I"ve found only ship to the UK.

We need someone in the UK to just buy the whole damn lot of them.

Oh, Frazmand....... lol.

hellonearth159
07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Madcatz Grafitti
item 130243131041http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/01/e5/e78a_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.de/Xbox-360-Faceplate-Mad-Catz-Graffiti-Design-selten_W0QQitemZ130243131041)

SpaceGhost2K
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Madcatz Grafitti
item 130243131041http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/01/e5/e78a_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.de/Xbox-360-Faceplate-Mad-Catz-Graffiti-Design-selten_W0QQitemZ130243131041)

Darn you, lol.

I have a friend in Germany I'm trying to get to bid on that. I was going to just ask the guy to mail to the US, but he only accepts bank transfers, so it's doubly hard. I just got though trying to get a figure with a bank transfer, shipping issues and a language barrier, and that was with my friend helping me. It would almost have been better to pay double from an American seller.

hellonearth159
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
What does it cost to just buy the Tales of Vesperia bundle from Japan and get it shipped here? You could turn around and sell the console... or keep it to play Japanese games... like IdolM@ster.... hmm....

play-asia.com say's they'll have more in stock 8/7
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq-49-en-70-2u7t.html

SpaceGhost2K
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
play-asia.com say's they'll have more in stock 8/7
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq-49-en-70-2u7t.html

$358 plus shipping to the US (around $50 from past experience with the IdolM@ster LE set w/ figures).

The site says "possible restock" so there's no guarantees there will be more on 8/7.

If I get my hands on that kind of money, and don't spend it on Katamari for her birthday, I'm dead.

KatamariKutie
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
$358 plus shipping to the US (around $50 from past experience with the IdolM@ster LE set w/ figures).

The site says "possible restock" so there's no guarantees there will be more on 8/7.

If I get my hands on that kind of money, and don't spend it on Katamari for her birthday, I'm dead.

:watchout:

I don't care what they say about you - you are a smart man :D

gh0st_r1der
07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm bidding on WALL-E faceplate ... how ironic

JakofallAces
07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm bidding on WALL-E faceplate ... how ironic

**** CONTEST FOREVER seriously whats the point this is the third flame and final one hopefully but this seems to be the only way since the point of contest is to bring in new members but the new members stay for one post posting that they won and claiming their prize. i am sorry ghost that your donation was forgotten and sorry that people are such asses, if you are in a money squeeze its most likely your own fault or some bad stuff happened it happens to all of us and exploiting people and their kindness adn generosity is ****ed up.:bang:

Jesse757x
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM
I know this is probably the wrong threqad to post this but ai just got an e-mail from ebay saying that the cliffy b signed facepalate has been removed.:nightmare. Is it still for sale?

SpaceGhost2K
08-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I know this is probably the wrong threqad to post this but ai just got an e-mail from ebay saying that the cliffy b signed facepalate has been removed.:nightmare. Is it still for sale?

I don't know. Only chickenownzyew can answer that. I hope he pulled it because someone offered him some insane amount of money for it, and not just to silence the whiners.

JakofallAces
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't know. Only chickenownzyew can answer that. I hope he pulled it because someone offered him some insane amount of money for it, and not just to silence the whiners.

i am pushing for both maybe even all three with the third being his mom has miracle recovery and he gives spacey back the plate whom sells it for 1000+ and gives half to chicken and then uses other half to get cj a big shoe closet. WHO SAW THAT COMING HUH?

Ry
08-01-2008, 02:32 AM
No idea, I didnt remove it........

Ry
08-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Epic Games was, Like, No way man! and removed it, and then said they'd take further legal action if I re-listed it, You got your way Var.

JakofallAces
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Epic Games was, Like, No way man! and removed it, and then said they'd take further legal action if I re-listed it, You got your way Var.

damn wtf how is that possible i am glad that epic monitors stuff but its for a good reason apparently cliffy b does remember you spacey, if you send me a big picture of it i will take a bid.

SpaceGhost2K
08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
damn wtf how is that possible i am glad that epic monitors stuff but its for a good reason apparently cliffy b does remember you spacey, if you send me a big picture of it i will take a bid.

Wow. I wonder how Messy Media has listed over 15 different Gears plates and one that's SIGNED gets the boot.

Well, chicken, there's still probably a chance you could sell it to someone in here. Epic's lawyers have jumped the gun before and Mark Rein had to "rein" them in.

Variation-XBA
08-01-2008, 03:33 PM
**** that, I didn't ask for you to or want that to happen, so don't even try to put it on me.

gameking28
08-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Epic Games was, Like, No way man! and removed it, and then said they'd take further legal action if I re-listed it,

Now that's weird - what legal right do they have over a home-made faceplate that Cliff willingly signed - he signed one just like yours for me less than a week ago at Comic-Con and commented on how cool it was.

I think they're just trying to scare you man but I'm no lawyer so I don't really know if they have a valid argument. I guess I don't really know why they would care. Maybe they have plans for their own GOW2 faceplate?

I think someone here would probably take it off your hands so you're not totally screwed. Either way I'm bummed for you man. :(

Ry
08-02-2008, 01:57 AM
No, no, no, I didnt mean it like that Var, I mean how you wanted me to sell it to XBA first, I guess thats the way it goes, cant ebay

GameKing:
I email'd this 'Jay@epicgames.com' he said MadCatz pays alot of money to make there faceplates, I eamiled him back tonight, Telling him, why I was selling, and It was werid becuase I see gears of war customs quite alot on ebay.

SpaceGhost2K
08-02-2008, 04:30 AM
I emailed Jay and told him you were a poo-poo head for trying to sell that plate.

Zing. :)

Actually, I did just send him a VERY long email explaining about the site, the plates, etc. I let him know that Cliffy B happily signed them and liked them, and even asked me to make two plates for HIM. And Epic President Mike Capps has a custom Epic Games/Unreal plate made by me on his Xbox, that was a gift from his fiancee.

They HAVE to protect their IP in every instance If they let one slide, they set a precedent of "tolerance" that might come back to bite them in the butt if someone ever started cranking these things out in a bigger scale.

I know they've laid the smackdown on a couple of other fanmade items, but I don't know if those things were attempted to be sold on eBay or not. One sculpture was just a gift to a friend, I think, when their lawyers jumped down their throats. Mark Rein had to offer an apology to the gaming community.

Personally, I think it was the high price that plate was going for that drew the attention.

SpaceGhost2K
08-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Chicken,

I heard back from Jay and all I gotta says is... he's a hell of a guy. One more reason why I love Epic Games. He's going to be sending you an email back so look for it.

gameking28
08-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Chicken,

I heard back from Jay and all I gotta says is... he's a hell of a guy. One more reason why I love Epic Games. He's going to be sending you an email back so look for it.

I swear your tongue must be made of silver! :p

KatamariKutie
08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I swear your tongue must be made of silver! :p

Its not. I can vouch for that. :D

JakofallAces
08-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Its not. I can vouch for that. :D

ya its an startfield durrrr. spacey=spaceghost durr wouldnt it be obviously a startfield. well spacey i hope you are glad that we are talking about your tongue... i love the inter net

HellfireGod
08-03-2008, 06:02 AM
I was thinkin of starting to collect. I started browsin on ebay and found a few that looked good. Any suggestions??

Need For Speed Pro Street (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Need-For-Speed-Pro-Street-xbox-360-faceplate-NFS_W0QQitemZ120290075674QQihZ002QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Dice Xbox 360 faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ360075711356QQihZ023QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Gorillaz Xbox 360 faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-XBOX-360-GORILLAZ-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250277886524QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Saints Row New Zeland (http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-MINT-SAINTS-ROW-NEW-ZELAND-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250277887658QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Can anyone tell me if its worth bidding/buying these?? Is there any background info on these faceplates??

JakofallAces
08-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I was thinkin of starting to collect. I started browsin on ebay and found a few that looked good. Any suggestions??

Need For Speed Pro Street (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Need-For-Speed-Pro-Street-xbox-360-faceplate-NFS_W0QQitemZ120290075674QQihZ002QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Dice Xbox 360 faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Faceplate-for-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ360075711356QQihZ023QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Gorillaz Xbox 360 faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-XBOX-360-GORILLAZ-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250277886524QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Saints Row New Zeland (http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-MINT-SAINTS-ROW-NEW-ZELAND-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ250277887658QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Can anyone tell me if its worth bidding/buying these?? Is there any background info on these faceplates??

use the database spacey/kamshaft made

gameking28
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Those 4 plates would be a great start to anyone's collection. They're all fairly rare - NFSPS and Saints Row more than the other 2. The database will give you a better background but if you're serious about starting with those expect to have a huge hole in your bank account after the fact. :)

SpaceGhost2K
08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Those are all very nice plates, and plates that most any collector would want in their collection. I don't have the DICE or Saints Row plates yet. I bought a Gorillaz plate and totally lucked into a Pro Street plate. I actually found a site with the Saints Row NZ plates listed for only 13GBP but they were back ordered, never to come back into stock. I think someone there found out what they were going for and took them all before filling orders.

It sucks to know there are a few hundred of something out there and just no way to get ahold of them.

hellonearth159
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-5/1307886/talesofvesperiaset1.jpg
Ebay item 150281113571 (http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-TALES-OF-VESPERIA-FACEPLATE-SCRIPT-Set-Box_W0QQitemZ150281113571)

ez054098
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen this faceplate yet.

SpaceGhost2K
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-5/1307886/talesofvesperiaset1.jpg
Ebay item 150281113571 (http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-TALES-OF-VESPERIA-FACEPLATE-SCRIPT-Set-Box_W0QQitemZ150281113571)

:crying:

Variation-XBA
08-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Wow..... but not at a Toon price

Chris W
08-11-2008, 08:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220267833938&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

preety cool custom plate

Chris W
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
another, gears of war E3 £40 buy it now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gears-Of-War-LE-E3-Faceplate-Only-500-Made-Free-ship_W0QQitemZ260273775891QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260273775891&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

hellonearth159
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
another, gears of war E3 £40 buy it now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gears-Of-War-LE-E3-Faceplate-Only-500-Made-Free-ship_W0QQitemZ260273775891QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260273775891&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

That's pretty pricey considering the exchange rate.

segagamer4life
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Boy would I like to have that tales of vesperia faceplate, but not for 200+, :-(

SpaceGhost2K
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/worldwidewebbs

I posted nine faceplates tonight, including my Mad Catz E306 Graffiti Train faceplate. Help a brotha out.

Chris W
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tinytoonsbuster

prey faceplate and nfs pro street plate for buy it now price

ez054098
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
$525. Wow.

ez054098
08-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Any news on pre-order (what, where from, etc) faceplates?

SpaceGhost2K
08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Any news on pre-order (what, where from, etc) faceplates?

I haven't heard a word about future games giving out faceplates with preorders. Tales of Vesperia was the last one I heard and you have to jump through hoops to get it. I expect that there will be some once the Tom Clancy games start shipping. They almost always do plates, just not in the US.

SpaceGhost2K
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
There is a teamxbox faceplate currently up on eBay. I don't have the link at the moment but the seller is shockwavetxb. That's Brent, who started the site. He had these plates made years ago, and then once they were bought by IGN, he became unable to sell the plates. He's trying to convince them to let him sell them and he listed this one for that purpose. Hopefully, this will result in the plates being more widely available - BUT - have no fears about buying this one if you want one. It's probably your one chance to get a plate straight from "the man," and if you were up to having it opened, he would probably be happy to sign it for you.

mrpunchy
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I saw that yesterday and cannot seem to locate it today?

hellonearth159
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I saw that yesterday and cannot seem to locate it today?

Here it is(Item number: 300253826326):
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/08/39/9d0a_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/TeamXbox-Xbox-360-Limited-Edition-Faceplate-RARE_W0QQitemZ300253826326)

cin84_12
08-30-2008, 01:55 AM
There is a teamxbox faceplate currently up on eBay. I don't have the link at the moment but the seller is shockwavetxb. That's Brent, who started the site. He had these plates made years ago, and then once they were bought by IGN, he became unable to sell the plates. He's trying to convince them to let him sell them and he listed this one for that purpose. Hopefully, this will result in the plates being more widely available - BUT - have no fears about buying this one if you want one. It's probably your one chance to get a plate straight from "the man," and if you were up to having it opened, he would probably be happy to sign it for you.

Oh man I've always wanted one of those. Too bad I'm completely broke atm. :cry:

mrpunchy
08-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Here it is(Item number: 300253826326):
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/08/39/9d0a_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/TeamXbox-Xbox-360-Limited-Edition-Faceplate-RARE_W0QQitemZ300253826326)

Thanks man. I have no idea why I could not find it

hellonearth159
09-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Don't know where you can get this other than ebay but it looks like Infinite Undiscovery will have a faceplate tie-in when it comes out (at least in Japan)
http://blog.square-enix.com/undiscovery/images/IUD_fp.jpg

Chris W
09-02-2008, 08:09 AM

the same guy who i posted the prey faceplate has added two new ones, a idolm@ster and chromehounds faceplate. if i remember space wanted the idolm@ster f/p

SpaceGhost2K
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM

the same guy who i posted the prey faceplate has added two new ones, a idolm@ster and chromehounds faceplate. if i remember space wanted the idolm@ster f/p

Yeah, tinytoonsbuster is a member here. Not sure why he's not giving us a heads up when he posts his own stuff, though. I did finally get an IdolM@ster Girls plate, and I paid more than that for it.

hellonearth159
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Infinite Undiscovery Ebay Item 280262722660

http://kuuipokuuipo.up.seesaa.net/image/infinite20udiscovery20faceplate1.jpg (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XBOX-360-INFINITE-UNDISCOVERY-Limitd-Faceplate_W0QQitemZ280262722660)

SpaceGhost2K
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh dear God. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

I'm assuming that's coming from Asia somewhere. I haven't heard a word about it coming here, but I didn't hear a word about this one, either.

Why does the rest of the world "get it" but the US doesn't?

Grr.

SpaceGhost2K
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
From the Microsoft Tokyo Media Briefing:

The biggest news of the event, however, was price drops galore for the system: the Elite's price will drop to 39,800 yen ($346.38), while the 60-gigabyte mode will be released for 29,800 yen ($259.35). Rounding off the news, the Arcade entry model will drop to an astounding 19,800 yen ($172.32), leaving the entry-level model of the 360 priced lower than the Wii. The new pricing scheme kicks in on September 11, just in time for the release of Square Enix's Infinite Undiscovery. To celebrate, while supplies last, those who purchase the console after September 11 will receive a special Infinite Undiscovery faceplate as a bonus. Lastly, six new titles, including Lost Odyssey and Ace Combat 6, will be joining the budget-priced Xbox 360 Platinum Collection, bring the total lineup to around 40 games.

I'm guessing that it won't actually BE in the console though. Maybe some will make it onto the secondary market for less than the price of a console, lol.

moltenluv
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Awww man.........if I hadn't stopped collecting I would be all over that one! Its beautiful :hump:

Variation-XBA
09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Sigh, another JPN plate that will be overpriced on ebay :(

Chris W
09-06-2008, 01:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-xbox360-Blue-Dragon-Limited-Faceplate-XBOX-360-RARE_W0QQitemZ310081554751QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310081554751&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

blue dragon faceplate...however, its from japan

SpaceGhost2K
09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-xbox360-Blue-Dragon-Limited-Faceplate-XBOX-360-RARE_W0QQitemZ310081554751QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310081554751&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

blue dragon faceplate...however, its from japan

I love my Blue Dragon plate. It's one of the best looking plates for an Elite to wear.

wicked_d365
09-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I love my Blue Dragon plate. It's one of the best looking plates for an Elite to wear.

no, that would be the carbon fiber I have, or your Heroes plates

tacohead
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Another Wall*e http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Wall-E-Faceplate-New-Super-Limited-Rare-WALLE_W0QQitemZ290259578859QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290259578859&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

wicked_d365
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Another Wall*e http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Wall-E-Faceplate-New-Super-Limited-Rare-WALLE_W0QQitemZ290259578859QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290259578859&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Starting at 250, no thank you. I want one, but not that bad.

Edit: WTF? this is his third one now.

gh0st_r1der
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Edit: WTF? this is his third one now.
... and last WALLE faceplate on Ebay, I highly doubt you will every see another WALLE faceplate on Ebay

Variation-XBA
09-11-2008, 01:19 AM
^^^

Now we know who it is....TRAITOR!

gh0st_r1der
09-11-2008, 09:16 AM
come on

SpaceGhost2K
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Ain't no traitors... unless the robot is selling them himself.

Variation-XBA
09-12-2008, 01:24 AM
come on

The jig is up! :cuss:

SpaceGhost2K
09-12-2008, 11:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-US-Launch-Team-Faceplate-FACTORY-SEALED-RARE_W0QQitemZ270274436696QQihZ017QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"I Made This" US launch plate, still in the original package.

SpaceGhost2K
09-12-2008, 11:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LICENSED-Microsoft-Xbox-360-WATER-PUZZLE-Faceplate-NEW_W0QQitemZ230289962049QQihZ013QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Japanese Water Puzzle, super cheap. Act fast though.

(Oh, he's got a few of them. Also some carbon fiber and hot rod plates.)

SpaceGhost2K
09-13-2008, 12:01 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Forza-Faceplate-Limited_W0QQitemZ220277662286QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

UK Forza 2 plate

http://cgi.ebay.com/4Players-de-Faceplate-XBox-360-SEHR-SELTEN-RAR_W0QQitemZ180286534513QQihZ008QQcategoryZ130890QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4Players.de

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-BROTHERS-IN-ARMS-HELLS-HIGH-WAY-NUO_W0QQitemZ220279956852QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BROTHER'S IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY?!?!?!?

Variation-XBA
09-13-2008, 03:58 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-BROTHERS-IN-ARMS-HELLS-HIGH-WAY-NUO_W0QQitemZ220279956852QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BROTHER'S IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY?!?!?!?

Wow, that's pretty ugly imo

Chris W
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NARUTO-ULTRA-RARE-FACEPLATE-NEW-FLAWLESS-XBOX-360-HOT_W0QQitemZ150295308743QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150295308743&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

naruto faceplate

OBL infad3ll
09-18-2008, 07:17 AM
just wandering through ebay found

E3 gears of war plate
http://cgi.ebay.com/GEARS-OF-WAR-FACEPLATE-E3-VERY-LIMITED-ONLY-500-NO-RES_W0QQitemZ220282982014QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220282982014&_trkparms=72%3A1156%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2 uk launch faceplates
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-faceplate-UK-Ltd-Launch-Team-2005-Sealed_W0QQitemZ120305613572QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120305613572&_trkparms=72%3A1156%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPLOYEES-ONLY-RARE-XBOX-360-LAUNCH-TEAM-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ150294865275QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150294865275&_trkparms=72%3A1156%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

E3 prey faceplate
http://cgi.ebay.com/Promo-Ultra-Rare-E3-Xbox-360-PREY-Faceplate-Prototype_W0QQitemZ110290673130QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110290673130&_trkparms=72%3A1156%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

SpaceGhost2K
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
That's a pretty good price for that Prey faceplate.

JakofallAces
09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
That's a pretty good price for that Prey faceplate.

it really is but that gow one is way too much i nearly won one for 70 bucks i wont go above 100 for it even though its still one i want

OBL infad3ll
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
i know ive seen people with a team xbox faceplate in the wishlist. i found one.

Team xbox faceplate
http://cgi.ebay.com/TeamXbox-Xbox-360-Limited-Edition-Faceplate-RARE_W0QQitemZ300259865024QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300259865024&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

OBL infad3ll
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
ok, here is the finding of todays ebay adventure.

E3 2006 grafitti plate sealed
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-E3-2006-FACEPLATE-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-OPENED_W0QQitemZ260289605706QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260289605706&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

SpaceGhost2K
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
That guy selling the TXB plate is the founder of TXB.

OBL infad3ll
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
how much is the TXB plate worth? i want it but not if i have to dish out the big bucks for it

SpaceGhost2K
09-19-2008, 10:20 PM
how much is the TXB plate worth? i want it but not if i have to dish out the big bucks for it

$100-$150. There have been JUST enough of them around that the people with money who want one, got one. Now, you're going to be competing against people who are buying a second one to barter with, or people who aren't going to spend mad money on it. I doubt it will go for more than $150.

OBL infad3ll
09-20-2008, 09:15 PM
wow heres a deal

E3 gears plate starting at 15 dollars!
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-E3-2006-FACEPLATE-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-OPENED_W0QQitemZ260289605706QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260289605706&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

JakofallAces
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
wow heres a deal

E3 gears plate starting at 15 dollars!

wrong like sorry mate that goes to a team xbox plate not a gears E3

gameking28
09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
For those with a vault full of money waiting to be used, I give you: the Limited Edition Halo 3 Bungie Signed Console Charity Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170256363629)
It's for a good cause, but man that's a hefty price.

OBL infad3ll
09-21-2008, 08:11 PM
wrong like sorry mate that goes to a team xbox plate not a gears E3

OH im sorry, heres the right link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gears-of-War-Limited-Edition-E3-2006-Faceplate-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ190253631447QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190253631447&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

JakofallAces
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
For those with a vault full of money waiting to be used, I give you: the Limited Edition Halo 3 Bungie Signed Console Charity Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170256363629)
It's for a good cause, but man that's a hefty price.

saw it and also saw no reason to post it really once its over 4k no one here will take a crack at it i assume, u could get like 4 prototypes for that price

SpaceGhost2K
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
saw it and also saw no reason to post it really once its over 4k no one here will take a crack at it i assume, u could get like 4 prototypes for that price

True, but because it's going to a charity, it's a tax write-off PLUS you end up with the signed console.

OBL infad3ll
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
heres an E3 plate in its tube thing

E305 plate sealed
http://cgi.ebay.com/E305-faceplate-Limited-edition-only-5000-made_W0QQitemZ250298204568QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250298204568&_trkparms=72%3A1209%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

SpaceGhost2K
09-22-2008, 08:57 PM

E305 plate sealed
http://cgi.ebay.com/E305-faceplate-Limited-edition-only-5000-made_W0QQitemZ250298204568QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250298204568&_trkparms=72%3A1209%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

At least there's no doubt about that being a bootleg. Bootlegs don't come with the stuff. That's a good price, too.

wicked_d365
09-26-2008, 12:34 PM

E305 plate sealed

I'm bidding on this one, PLEASE, no snipping
EDIT: F**king A! got it for 71.01 shipped. SWEET!

wicked_d365
09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
NFL Head Coach 09 plate Ends in 4 hours, hurry, $4 shipping

hellonearth159
09-26-2008, 07:33 PM
UK Bioshock Glossy Variant

http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/0d/4c/b4f2_1.JPG
Item number: 110290494125 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIOSHOCK-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE_W0QQitemZ110290494125)

SpaceGhost2K
09-27-2008, 02:06 AM
I got your PM and I bid on this plate. Thanks :)

hellonearth159
09-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Has anyone heard of faceplates for 2k Sports?
http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/0f/cd/a936_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220286917715)

Floppy Brown
09-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Has anyone heard of faceplaates for 2k Sports?
http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/0f/cd/a936_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220286917715)

Looks like it came for a special bundle along with Air Jordan Shoe.
http://www.nicekicks.com/2k-sports-edition-air-jordan-cp3-signature-shoe/
Quite a bargain for 20$ in my opinion.

hellonearth159
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Wow!!! I was trying to figure out what that design was. Very cool.

OBL infad3ll
09-27-2008, 04:52 PM

where did you find that, i want it!

OBL infad3ll
09-29-2008, 12:12 AM
here is the newest things on ebay

FORZA 2 uk promo
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPECIAL-EDITION-FORZA-2-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-SUPER-RARE_W0QQitemZ220286987786QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220286987786&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

CHROMEHOUNDS japan
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Chromehounds-Japan-Import-xbox-360-game-Faceplate_W0QQitemZ120311258264QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120311258264&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

X05 Amsterdam
http://cgi.ebay.com/X05-Amsterdam-XBox-faceplate-rare_W0QQitemZ230294794290QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230294794290&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

OBL infad3ll
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
US launch team But why is there water condensation inside the package????
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Employee-Launch-Team-Faceplate-Rare-Sealed-USA_W0QQitemZ120311771597QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120311771597&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
MAD CATZ graffiti plate
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALED-MAD-CATZ-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-NEW-LIMITED-EDITION_W0QQitemZ220286949796QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220286949796&_trkparms=72%3A1297%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
GORILLAZ plate!!!:crying: i wish i had more money for this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gorillaz-Xbox-360-Face-Plate-Extremely-Rare_W0QQitemZ270280796096QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270280796096&_trkparms=72%3A1297%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

JakofallAces
09-30-2008, 08:26 PM
US launch team
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Employee-Launch-Team-Faceplate-Rare-Sealed-USA_W0QQitemZ120311771597QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120311771597&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But why is there water condensation inside the package????
so wait everybody doesnt keep their faceplates in the freezer?? jk ya thats weird i would ask before bidding but still an awesome plate

SpaceGhost2K
09-30-2008, 08:44 PM
He mentioned stress cracks in the description but not the condensation?

It was probably crunched in a box in a high humidity area... like Seattle.