PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite faceplate.

SpaceGhost2K
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Please scroll slowly and don't just jump down to the picture, mmmkay?

-----

It amazes me how the "six degrees of seperation" theory works. The theory is that every person is connected to every other person in the whole world by no more than six connections.

For instance:

I met Sting. No degrees of seperation.
I met my co-worker Jim, who had The Ramones at his house. That's one degree of seperation.

You get the idea.

Now what's better than that is when you actually get connected to that other party because of your connection to the first party. And that's what happened here.

I was made an MS Xbox MVP. I was given arcade codes. I had a contest to give them out. I made a faceplate. People went nuts. I made more faceplates. I sold my first faceplate, a "Space Ghost" plate. One girl won it for $100 on eBay. A second girl - moltenluv - commissioned me to make her one. I did. I also made her other plates, including an Iron Giant plate.

In comes gh0st_r1der. GR contacts moltenluv, wanting that plate in the worst way. She siccs him on me (lol) and I make him one, and me as well, plus another for KingMidas82 who wants a number of plates. I list a couple more (I made one, then five more) and I think GR bought one more of those as well, plus I kept one.

I'm meeting people though people, you see.

So gh0st_r1der also knows some people (as most of you have probably figured out by now) and asks me if I can send him my plate because he has a plan. (I know about the plan but I'm not telling YOU yet, for dramatic effect, lol.)

People get busy and GR has his own "degrees of seperation" thing going on, and there's the holidays... then, on January the 8th, my birthday, I get a Happy Birthday message from gh0st_r1der and some numbers.

They're tracking numbers.

And he's been really generous with stuff so I'm hoping it's this thing, but I'm happy to get anything from GR (that goes for moltenluv and kingmidas82 as well).

It arrives this afternoon, and this is what it is:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/IronGiant-autographedbyBradBird.jpg

My Iron Giant plate - autographed, by Brad Bird, the director of the film, "The Iron Giant" as well as "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille."

This may well be the best birthday present ever, and means more to me than any other autograph I can think of, even George Lucas.

gh0st_r1der, thank you a thousand times.

racingfreak92
01-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow, very nice, i guess you really like the Iron Giant huh. Im suprised a sequel never came out, it did fairly well in VHS sales.

I still have one of those Iron Giant figures, i think it came with the VHS of the movie

SpaceGhost2K
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow, very nice, i guess you really like the Iron Giant huh. Im suprised a sequel never came out, it did fairly well in VHS sales.

I still have one of those Iron Giant figures, i think it came with the VHS of the movie

Yeah. The first plate I made, I used my own figure. When more people want them, I bought a set of five from someone.

I LOVE the movie. There is nothing bad about it. I can't name another animated movie with a believable kid in it. Except maybe the Incredibles, hmm. A boy, in that time, in that situation, would have been exactly like Hogarth Hughes.

My favorite movies: 1) Original Star Wars Trilogy, 2) Iron Giant, 3) Incredibles.

JakofallAces
01-11-2008, 08:30 PM
props ghost if i hadn't given you good rep for selling me plates i would give you 2,000,000,000,000 rep for this. Ghost is a nice guy and always will be and if you go against him you go against xbox addict and my cat, who will eat you

http://i16.tinypic.com/6jzq73p.jpg

Ry
01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Dude, there was no brithday thread for you!?!?!?!?!? HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY! Ghost seems like an awsome person, and Jak, YOu STOLE MY CAT!!!

JakofallAces
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Dude, there was no brithday thread for you!?!?!?!?!? HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY! Ghost seems like an awsome person, and Jak, YOu STOLE MY CAT!!!

maybe in your mind my cat is sitting on my face right now and he is making it hard to post, also HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACEYT WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 40??? Jk happy birthday cya.

Ry
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
No really, I really mean okay, I will get a picture, to prove it.

SpaceGhost2K
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
maybe in your mind my cat is sitting on my face right now and he is making it hard to post, also HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACEYT WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 40??? Jk happy birthday cya.

Worse than that, 42. My age is the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

gh0st_r1der
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Space your faceplate is the only signed Iron Giant, there was no room for 2 faceplates when I inquired ... and I didn't wanted to push my luck ... so it is very special :)

leethal_4ce
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
That's really cool of you GR. Seriously That's extremely thoughtful. And freaking cool that you could get that autograph!

Elite-Concepts
01-12-2008, 02:19 AM
how the hell did u get it is what i wanna ask lol

JakofallAces
01-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Worse than that, 42. My age is the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

damn i was kidding srry man really sorry. ha dont worry my moms older.:whistle:

moltenluv
01-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow! That is like the greatest birthday gift of all! Now aren't you two kids glad I introduced you to each other :)

moltenluv
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
props ghost if i hadn't given you good rep for selling me plates i would give you 2,000,000,000,000 rep for this. Ghost is a nice guy and always will be and if you go against him you go against xbox addict and my cat, who will eat you

OMG! This made me laugh! It has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this thread. And yes I do like your cat.........I guess you read my Bio I just put up a few days ago. I didn't know what to write so I just rambled off a bunch of stuff that may or may not be interesting. Hahahah I just read what you wrote again...........my cat, who will eat you :rofl: I love it! I just don't know quite why I find it so funny.

Don't feel old Spacey, my Mom is gonna be 54 this year. My Nanny is in her early 80's and my Pappy is in his mid 80's. My dad will be like 46 or 47 (not sure because I stopped having any kind of contact with him when I was in my late teens) and I will be turning a year older! See I decided to stop aging at 21 since everybody says thats how old I look I figured I may as well just go with it :whistle:

JakofallAces
01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
OMG! This made me laugh! It has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this thread. And yes I do like your cat.........I guess you read my Bio I just put up a few days ago. I didn't know what to write so I just rambled off a bunch of stuff that may or may not be interesting. Hahahah I just read what you wrote again...........my cat, who will eat you :rofl: I love it! I just don't know quite why I find it so funny.

Don't feel old Spacey, my Mom is gonna be 54 this year. My Nanny is in her early 80's and my Pappy is in his mid 80's. My dad will be like 46 or 47 (not sure because I stopped having any kind of contact with him when I was in my late teens) and I will be turning a year older! See I decided to stop aging at 21 since everybody says thats how old I look I figured I may as well just go with it :whistle:

glad you liked it and wow your family is ancient moltenluv, nah i am kidding but props spacey that plate will look great anywhere you should buy a display case for it alone, a really tall one. And moltenluv i have no idea what you are talking about with the bio thing u said i just think my cat like to eat people and that is why it weighs 17 pounds and has awesome demon eyes

moltenluv
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
glad you liked it and wow your family is ancient moltenluv, nah i am kidding but props spacey that plate will look great anywhere you should buy a display case for it alone, a really tall one. And moltenluv i have no idea what you are talking about with the bio thing u said i just think my cat like to eat people and that is why it weighs 17 pounds and has awesome demon eyes

Well thats cause they are the only ones left really. Almost everybody on my Mom's side of the family is already dead :( I told my Nanny she has to live forever, when she dies I will be completely lost. I consider her to be my mom my actual mom is well hmmm I don't know how to say it nicely so I won't say anything at all. I have a big cat too. Last time he was at the vet he weighed in at a little over 18 lbs. I love him. He's a big scared cat.

JakofallAces
01-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Well thats cause they are the only ones left really. Almost everybody on my Mom's side of the family is already dead :( I told my Nanny she has to live forever, when she dies I will be completely lost. I consider her to be my mom my actual mom is well hmmm I don't know how to say it nicely so I won't say anything at all. I have a big cat too. Last time he was at the vet he weighed in at a little over 18 lbs. I love him. He's a big scared cat.

Sorry about my last post it was a joke but i am truly sorry:crying:, i have issues with my dad also but oh well life goes on, about your cat... doesnt it suck when you wanna carry him its a freaking job to carry mine up the stairs. Also i am going to stop posting this conversation between me and moltenluv it is completely pointless to the post's outcome so cya on pms moltenluv. Also spacey you should get the plate bronzed. That would be sick.:hardcore:

SpaceGhost2K
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
My thread has turned into a cat thread.

gh0st_r1der, that was remarkably kind of you, but it's a little bittersweet since you were going to get one for yourself and I just kinda jumped on your coattails.

ChRoNiK120
01-13-2008, 08:48 AM
My thread has turned into a cat thread.

hahaha i know that was so random. hahahaha... o and btw i have 3 cats...

Soda Jones
01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
That's a really cool, it's always a pleasure to read stories like these.

SpaceGhost2K
01-14-2008, 02:02 PM

Yeah, she told me.

:D

JakofallAces
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, she told me.

:D

real mature and i am not 42 loser :hardcore::hardcore:I WIN:hardcore::hardcore:

Conchord
01-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Cheers, Spaceghost. I am glad you got to see one of your originals again. Must make you nostalgic.

gameking28
01-28-2008, 02:17 AM
THIS is exactly why I love this community. That was a really cool of you to do that Gh0st_R1der.
Oh and Happy (way late) Birthday SpaceGhost!