PDA

View Full Version : a really neat idea

JarkMan
01-12-2008, 02:16 AM
ok so heres my idea say u have a custom face plate that u absolutly love but it doesnt match the case on the xbox so it would be the faceplate with a dull while xbox so mabye if u could find a replacement case that u could paint on and then transfer that case to ur xbox but in doing this you would have to void the warranty on your xbox by breaking the silver microsoft sticker behind the plate but it would still be really really neat being able to say u have a case that can match you faceplate who wants to try it out?

leethal_4ce
01-12-2008, 02:27 AM
ok so heres my idea say u have a custom face plate that u absolutly love but it doesnt match the case on the xbox so it would be the faceplate with a dull while xbox so mabye if u could find a replacement case that u could paint on and then transfer that case to ur xbox but in doing this you would have to void the warranty on your xbox by breaking the silver microsoft sticker behind the plate but it would still be really really neat being able to say u have a case that can match you faceplate who wants to try it out?
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:
For people who don't want a headache:
Ok, so here's my idea. Say you have a custom faceplate that you absolutely love, but it doesn't match the case of you 360. Maybe you could find a replacement case and make it to match the faceplate, though doing so would void your warranty. Who wants to try this?

Welll... not me. With the number of Xbox 360's suffering from the RRoD, and murphey's law, my Xbox 360 would most certainly break 10 minutes after I switched cases. It's not a very original idea.... but hey, it is a cool one. That's what skins are for really.
www.decalgirl.com lets you upload custom images to make faceplate or full console skins. So you could do that without voiding your warranty.

JarkMan
01-12-2008, 02:44 AM
lol i need to work on re wording my posts a little better

Variation-XBA
01-12-2008, 02:59 AM
I still dont understand after the "translation"....

leethal_4ce
01-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I still dont understand after the "translation"....

Basically he's saying, why doesn't someone buy an extra 360 CASE and paint it to match the faceplate, so that their whole console looks the same, not just the nice faceplate on a plain white console.

SpaceGhost2K
01-12-2008, 10:17 AM
I can only see mine from the front anyway, so it wouldn't matter to me. And yeah, that's where I AM a fan of skins because you do NOT want to open that box. Once it's open, not only do you void the warranty, but MS will not touch it with a ten foot pole. You also eliminate them as a place to get it repaired, and do you really want Joe's Electronics fixing your console?

Ry
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Dont dis Joe, he fixed my clock radio. Yeah this has been done before, and I never want to open my console, I knew it will void your warranty, I thought theyd still fix it, and whats murphey's law?

Conspirator45
03-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Murphy's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law)

JakofallAces
03-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Murphy's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law)
yup if something COULD go wrong it WILL go wrong also i believe that to be wrong because if you intend something to go RIGHT then if you also intend something to go WRONG at the same time then by a paradox of interstellar insanity nothing wrong or good will ever happen

TRY TO TRANSLATE THAT

UNV Superkid
03-14-2008, 07:56 AM
yup if something COULD go wrong it WILL go wrong also i believe that to be wrong because if you intend something to go RIGHT then if you also intend something to go WRONG at the same time then by a paradox of interstellar insanity nothing wrong or good will ever happen

TRY TO TRANSLATE THAT

3 i think the answer is 3??
wait is this a trick question???? hmmm

gameking28
03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
The answer is 42. It's always 42!

Nato King
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I already done something like this.
http://photos1.hi5.com/0021/942/601/TeAHbm942601-02.jpg

JakofallAces
03-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I already done something like this.
http://photos1.hi5.com/0021/942/601/TeAHbm942601-02.jpg

no offense but i have my 360 in my room and i had to take off the X05 amsterdam plate because he was creeping me out (along with moltenluv) So if i put that on my 360 i wouldnt be able to sleep or even think i would probably sleep on my couch which is still in my room on the opposite wall AHHHHHH:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

SpaceGhost2K
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Also what you could do is just buy a case and display it on the case. Put something else on your Xbox. I have an original Xbox with the DOA skin on it and the box is just the empty shell.

$oul [A]$$A$$IN
03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
<<~~~already doin so

Variation-XBA
03-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Basically he's saying, why doesn't someone buy an extra 360 CASE and paint it to match the faceplate, so that their whole console looks the same, not just the nice faceplate on a plain white console.