PDA

View Full Version : Almost Made a Huge Mistake Today: Thought About Trading In My 360

GamerSince'76
01-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Forgive me fellow XBA'ers for I had thoughts of sinning.

I was on the phone with Xbox Support today, It's now two months since I sent in my Black Play & Charge kit and I was on hold waiting for a Tier 2 Supervisor...

I got to thinking, MS did send me a white Play and Charge kit after one month. My controller uses the black one. I'm going away for almost one months and I'll bet they send it while I'm gone and it gets sent back. No point in telling them to send the Black one after I get back from vacation, they will never get that right.

Then I thought, what if my console dies? It's the Halo 3 version but it has the 90nm CPU. If after 60 days, MS can't send me a simple Play & Charge kit, they are going to keep my console for 2 months if it breaks and either claim that they never got it (like they orignally said with the Play & Charge kit) or they are going to send me a scratched up, refurbished 360 like they do with so many people. I also thought about how HD-DVD is dead and for $400 I could have a Blu-ray player.

Luckily I looked at the games I have and realized (once again) that it's all about the games. Of my 4 games, 3 of them are exclusive. I'm hooked on Mass Effect, had a blast playing it tonight and plan to play some Halo 3 tomorrow.

Luckily I realized that I'm lucky to have a Halo 3 console and Halo 3 Legendary as well as my other games that I enjoy.

Anyone else ever have thoughts of jumping ship?

Shawn-XBA
01-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Forgive me fellow XUG'ers for I had thoughts of sinning.
lol, wrong site :rofl:

On a serious note, I know how you feel. Xbox Support are a bunch of morons. And thats both over the phone and email.

But like you I look at the games, if I have to send in my 360 for repairs every once and a while then so be it. The PS3 can't touch the 360 when it comes to games. I can't say that I've ever thought of jumping ship though. I love my 360!

GamerSince'76
01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I guess I got paranoid about my console breaking. My wife recently got a Mastercard and I'll buy the extended warranty from MS. I hope they don't just take Visa. I could have asked the rep about Mastercard but I try to stick with one topic when I phone.

I was serious about trading my console in. EB offered next to nothing for my stuff and a buddy at work that wanted my console if I ever sold it is buying a Wii. I guess I'm just really ticked that I sent in my Play & Charge kit, Expresspost, with a signature required and in two months, MS can't get it right and send me out the right item.

Shawn-XBA
01-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Just be patient with them, I sent in my 360 for repairs over a month later I get it back and had to send it out again because they sent me a broken one.

I actually ended up buying another 360 when that happened, I had to play Halo 3 on launch day, lol. Now I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

JackTheWhack
01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Well my 360 crapped out after it finally gave me the Red Rings. I've had it since Launch Day, and the CSR told me wow it finally went down, I was like well you it sucks that it breaks down like this, etc. But I bought a new 360 later that day but will be selling the console when it gets repaired but yea goes to show that CSR's are just plain dumb when talking to us consumers that purchase their products.. so we'll see how it all holds up. I'll keep you all updated on it.

*Whack*

Variation-XBA
01-15-2008, 12:16 AM
IT's ok 76, I understand. Glad you decided to keep it. Just think, there is lots of stuff comming out this Spring that will reinvigorate the awesness :)

GamerSince'76
01-15-2008, 01:28 AM
IT's ok 76, I understand. Glad you decided to keep it. Just think, there is lots of stuff comming out this Spring that will reinvigorate the awesness :)

Uncharted Shreks Fortune for the PS3 is good but it can't compare to Halo 3. I know there are people that are disappointed with the game but I think the hype hurt the game. I'm betting that if the was a lot less hype about Halo 3, most people would love the game. It's becoming cool (sadly) to diss the game.

As for Mass Effect, Yeah, I was a dumbass and scored the game low here and traded it in. After buying it again I'm hooked. I was out shopping today with the wife. She likes to go to the mall for 4-5 hours so I pass the time having a few smokes and checking out the local T & A. Today I started thinking out Mass Effect. I couldn't wait to get home and play.

I'm glad the PS3 was a passing thought.

I'm hoping Gears 2 is out on the 360 and not it's succesor.

Variation-XBA
01-15-2008, 01:52 AM
There is going to be a lot of titles this year, hard to say if it'll be a 2007 year of greatness, but wait till you see all teh stuff that's going to be dated/announced :)

GamerSince'76
01-15-2008, 02:10 AM
I can't think of any exclusives but Condemned 2, BIA:HH and Vegas 2 will keep me busy.

predatorprime
01-15-2008, 08:22 AM
I've gone through 3 360s now... my issue with the xbox service is that the replacement units are garbage. Even the one that I have now that still works has a bum fan and only still works because I have the intercooler.

I've sort of given up on my 360 at this point (as per why I have pretty much stopped posting here). There are still games I like on the 360 so I won't get rid of it, but I definitely don't play it much since I've been dealing with the crappy replacements. ***** fest over LOL

Conchord
01-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't really have time anymore to play mine, so I might be posting it and all my games for sale (either here or on eBay).

Just a distraction, and by the time I do have time, the next-gen will already be out.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
01-15-2008, 08:25 PM
I guess I got paranoid about my console breaking. My wife recently got a Mastercard and I'll buy the extended warranty from MS. I hope they don't just take Visa. I could have asked the rep about Mastercard but I try to stick with one topic when I phone.

I was serious about trading my console in. EB offered next to nothing for my stuff and a buddy at work that wanted my console if I ever sold it is buying a Wii. I guess I'm just really ticked that I sent in my Play & Charge kit, Expresspost, with a signature required and in two months, MS can't get it right and send me out the right item.

glad to hear, you didnt jump ship.., it would of been something you would of atleast i think regreted later.. but yeah microsoft support are FFFFIIIng idiots... the blu ray thing i dont think its gonna be a massive thing soon and remember you can just dl movies from live or if your like me order it from cable...

SGT TrunkMonkey
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Ive had similiar feeling towards the MS Support team, I sent my hard Drive away brand new, i got another in return that had what apears to be left over stickers. Like the person who had this before me cover it in stickers then peeled them all off. My new hard drive for a sticky one, come on guys at least give me a clean one..

Ry
01-16-2008, 06:16 AM
That sucks, I hope they come soon, I've never thought of trading my 360 in, but my brother came home with a PS3 last night!!

predatorprime
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
I have all 3 systems now. I "gave" my 360 to my wife because she likes Scene it and the live arcade games. the 2nd replacement unit has heat issues but I think all of the 360s do, so its kind of a moot point.

GamerSince'76
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Ive had similiar feeling towards the MS Support team, I sent my hard Drive away brand new, i got another in return that had what apears to be left over stickers. Like the person who had this before me cover it in stickers then peeled them all off. My new hard drive for a sticky one, come on guys at least give me a clean one..

Honestly that is shameful. Like MS couldn't afford to scrap it. This is the type of stuff that scares me.

I have all 3 systems now. I "gave" my 360 to my wife because she likes Scene it and the live arcade games. the 2nd replacement unit has heat issues but I think all of the 360s do, so its kind of a moot point.

Glad to hear (in the other thread) that you got a PS3. I love the 360, love Halo 3 and love Mass Effect but if MS ever screws me around I'll have to take the PS3 plunge.