PDA

View Full Version : Spacey's Duplicates for sale or trade

SpaceGhost2K
01-25-2008, 07:30 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Platesforsaleorrent.jpg

So here's the deal. Shipping to any address is five bucks, whether you buy one plate or all ten of them.

I will list MY value for each plate. You might get it for more. You might get it for less. But if you're getting it from ME, this is what it will cost.

I will entertain ALL serious offers for trades. My collection pictures and my wishlist are not entirely up to date, but they're not too far off. You can look through those to see if you might have something to offer that I dont' have and might want.

1) TSZ Camo plate, in package. These are less common than the red/white/black/steel plate faceplates, but they're still not what I would call "rare." They also dont' make good plates to use for customs because they're a soft plastic with a high petroleum content and paints don't like 'em. $10.

2) Pelican Argyle/red plate set. With this one, I prefer to open the package and sell/trade JUST the argyle plate. I have a use for the red one. BUT if you want the package sealed because that's how you collect stuff, it'll cost you a little more but I'll do it. $30 in the package, $20 if you want just the loose argyle plate.

3) and 4) UK Launch Team. I had one of these with a red mark that I got for a deal. I bought one without a red mark to replace it. Then the guy sent me a second one (which I ended up paying for rather than returning or forwarding to another buyer). Then, I was playing with the one with the red mark and the mark came off. I just wasn't using the right stuff. So I'm keeping that one and selling both of the other two I just bought. There were three on eBay that didn't sell for $99 each, and one that did for $61 incl shipping. There's currently one at $46 incl shipping and it has three days left. $50 each.

5) Pink Balloons. I bought two loose plates. This is the spare. It's mint. $20

6) through 10) Ace Combat and Eternal Sonata plates, as pictured. $15 each or make offer. ($25 for Chopin, sorry)

Again, I'd rather trade than sell but I know a lot of you guys are just starting out. Which means that one, you probably don't have duplicates, but two, you probably DO need these plates. Which makes them more likely to be sold than traded.

Oh, also while I'm thinking about it, I DO have a couple of other Xbox related thingies. I'll put them here, too:

Xbox 360 A/V cable, S-video version (as included with Core console, except in retail packaging). $20
Xbox 360 A/V cable, HD Component/Standard Composite version (as included with Pro, Halo 3 and Elite consoles, except in retail packaging). $20
Xbox 360 A/V cable, VGA version. $30
Xbox 360 HDMI Cable (as included with Pro, Halo 3 and Elite consoles, in orange baggie packaging): $20

JakofallAces
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
i might be interested in the uk release but first WHEN IS MY CUSTOM GOING TO BE DONE, great prices though

Nato King
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Check your PM. I send you a message.

SpaceGhost2K
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks Nato.

Jak, I have to get stickers made for yours again. I'm trying to do a sticker run, but it's not as simple as running to the mall like it used to be. I have to find the guy and I have to have the cash because he doesn't take cards.

JakofallAces
01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Nato.

Jak, I have to get stickers made for yours again. I'm trying to do a sticker run, but it's not as simple as running to the mall like it used to be. I have to find the guy and I have to have the cash because he doesn't take cards.
dont worry take your time just making sure you didnt forget, 42 you might be getting forgetful soon,;)

SpaceGhost2K
01-25-2008, 10:55 PM
dont worry take your time just making sure you didnt forget, 42 you might be getting forgetful soon,;)

Keep pushin' it, you. I could forget conveniently enough.

:D

JakofallAces
01-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Keep pushin' it, you. I could forget conveniently enough.

:D

sorry senior i'll stop. Hey Edward how long does it take to get all the things you need to make a plate???

SpaceGhost2K
01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
sorry senior i'll stop. Hey Edward how long does it take to get all the things you need to make a plate???

There's too many variables involved to offer one set amount of time.

1) Do I have plates to use for a base? At the moment, yes. If I have to get them, that takes time.
2) Do I have the artwork for the sticker done or do I have to create it? Cleaning up art to make a b/w jpeg for a sticker takes time.
3) Do I have a sticker done for it already? Can I go to an envelope and pull out a sticker or do I have to make a trip to the sticker guy to get one made.
4) Do I have money to get stickers made or do I have to sait for a PayPal transfer to post?
5) Do I have the right colors of paint or do I need to go buy more?
6) Is there a figure involved? If there is, do I have it already or do I need to buy it? How long will it take for me to get it? I've had them take five weeks. In other cases, I can go buy one or use one I have.
7) How many colors of paint are used? Each color takes a day to dry between paint ops.
8) Is there sculpting or some other weirdness involved? That takes a LOT more time.

If all the stars are in alignment, I can do a plate in one day. It dries overnight and it's done the next day. That doesn't happen very often. Technically, it always takes longer than that because the stickers were made once upon a time, and the art, and the plate was primered then painted, etc. But if I have all that stuff done and all I have to do is one color, a sticker and some sealer, it can be done.

KingMidas82 gave me an airbrush and a compressor, as you might know. The local Wal Mart is getting rid of the model paint section, so I picked up probably 50 bottles of paint on clearance. Still wasn't cheap - $3 instead of $4 - but once they were gone I wouldn't be able to get them without a little more effort. So right now, I have just about every color you can imagine and a few you can't. (Neon beige. j/k.)

I have metallics and neons and colors that change depending on the direction you look at them in the light. I have transparent colors and glow-in-the-dark and military just a crapload of colors. I have like ten blues and five greens and four different golds. I am DYING to go play with it. I've just had too many other things on my plate. I hope to bust out a bunch of plates today, and get the KOTOR boxes done so I can get them and the figures on their way to the appropriate homes.