PDA

View Full Version : I call dibs!

SpaceGhost2K
01-30-2008, 03:28 AM
With a possible apology to tinytoons if necessary.

There is a Microsoft/Massive faceplate up on eBay. I have had this in my most wanted list since I first put a wishlist up in the forums. I moved it down into the "impossible plates" section because I figured that the one I saw was a fluke and I'd never see another.

Tinytoons had the opening bid on it, but only at a buck because my first bid is only like $1.25

**EDIT** Oh, he's looking at it right now, too, because he bid up again. It's at $5.50 now. I've bid pretty high, and I'm sorry I didn't see it first or it wouldn't be an issue, but I REALLY NEED THAT PLATE.

That is all.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 03:40 AM
you may have it space. sorry i bid again, i didnt realize it was you until after. how's my spaceplates going?

SpaceGhost2K
01-30-2008, 03:51 AM
you may have it space. sorry i bid again, i didnt realize it was you until after. how's my spaceplates going?

Sheesh, I owe YOU the apology. If you tip it my way, I will be eternally grateful.

Well, I hooked up with the sticker guy today. I bought THIRTEEN FEET of stickers. It took me all evening to get them seperated. Anybody who's been waiting on stickers will have their plates in the works again tomorrow. I'm not doin' jack but working on plates the next two days. I do have an actual date Thursday night though, so forgive me for that one. :)

Oh, I got your Piranha Plant and pipe today. I was losing the bid on those dotmatrix Mario bottlecaps, and there was someone else with about 65 of them for BIN of about $74 with shipping, so I got it. So, I'm gonna be in the hole in a MAJOR way on THAT plate, lol. But there should be a number of Marios in the lot, so no worries. I know moltenluv wanted a second plate so maybe I can do an underwater one for her or something.

JakofallAces
01-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Sheesh, I owe YOU the apology. If you tip it my way, I will be eternally grateful.

Well, I hooked up with the sticker guy today. I bought THIRTEEN FEET of stickers. It took me all evening to get them seperated. Anybody who's been waiting on stickers will have their plates in the works again tomorrow. I'm not doin' jack but working on plates the next two days. I do have an actual date Thursday night though, so forgive me for that one. :)

Oh, I got your Piranha Plant and pipe today. I was losing the bid on those dotmatrix Mario bottlecaps, and there was someone else with about 65 of them for BIN of about $74 with shipping, so I got it. So, I'm gonna be in the hole in a MAJOR way on THAT plate, lol. But there should be a number of Marios in the lot, so no worries. I know moltenluv wanted a second plate so maybe I can do an underwater one for her or something.

wow you still getting girls, good on ya spacey, and i am bidding 200 for that plate, ITS RED, my favorite color and i cant hold back because it says massive which is just like me. Nah have it i dont really like this plate or know who/what massive is. oh well good luck just get the dont bid thing through gameking, gamer76, and ghost's head.

INSANEKID13
01-30-2008, 09:35 AM
just love how everybody gets along

Nato King
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
just love how everybody gets along

Thanks we try are best to make everyone here feel like home. and if I haven't said it Welcome to the site.

SpaceGhost2K
01-30-2008, 02:34 PM
We try.

If someone else disagrees and they also "have to have it," then it's just a matter of who has the bigger wallet. That day, I mean. :) Like it or not, I'm NOT paying five hundred bucks for that plate. If it's worth that to someone, I'll "kindly" let them have it, lol.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 04:22 PM
again, get that through gamekings head. as if he doesn't have enough cool stuff already... he still will snipe things even though people call "dibs" heh, i'm not gunna forget that gameking.

JakofallAces
01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
again, get that through gamekings head. as if he doesn't have enough cool stuff already... he still will snipe things even though people call "dibs" heh, i'm not gunna forget that gameking.

FIGHT FIGHT, wow you really hold a grudge i am making sure never to get in your way again.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
lol. couple rounds in the octagon gameking? jk, but people should know, he couldn't even let me have one rare plate even though his collection kills mine, he couldn't toss one towards me. the only one i had ever called dibs on too, so if he ever calls dibs and i also want the plate, good luck to him, he'll either pay more then he had too, or i'll win it. nuff said

edit* i'm not mad that he wanted the plate too, i'm mad at the sneaky way he did it. he saw my post about the plate but still did not message me before he bid, at the last second mind you, and won it by only $4 more then what i bid. he also claimed that he didn't know i was gunna still bid on it, well that is irrelivent because we both made bids at the last 10 seconds, mine was $257 and his was like $255.05 so i was in the lead and thought i had won it, nope 4 seconds left he bid $4 more then me, wow. i immediatley went to see who won it and it was gameking, i was bummed all day. escpecially cause i had been dreaming about the plate the whole time it was on ebay... i was even in good contact with the seller (at least 5 emails back and forth) i was set to win the item i thought...nope the cold/greedy/sneaky guy won.

This is just my opinion of the guy. Freedom of speech =p

gameking28
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Dude you're acting like I stole your girlfriend and kicked your dog.
I've explained it once in another thread but I'll do it again here just to make sure it gets through your head.
One of a kind/extremely rare plates are open season.
That being said, if I had any idea it meant that much to you I would've left it alone and you'd be out the cash instead of me.
You're taking this way too personal - like I was out to get YOU specifically.

I didn't see your post about the COD faceplate until after the auction was over. It's buried in the "Heads Up" thread - a thread I only browse occasionally. On something like this, make a thread - like the one we're in now.
You criticize that I was "snipe" bidding but you did the same thing. My last bid was a "one-click" bid (which I think only bumps up the bid by the minimum amount) because as soon as my bid was placed it said I was outbid. I didn't even get a chance to look at who outbid me.

Look, I didn't need the COD plate. You're right, my collection puts most others to shame - there are a few exceptions. The fact of the matter is that you DIDN'T call dibs on that plate. You put a post in an sticky thread that is supposed to be used to let people know about new plates they've found. You placed two bids on it a week before it ended and then left it alone. If you had made a thread somewhere on the boards saying "HANDS OFF - IT'S MINE" I'd have gladly stepped aside. You can't expect me to go through every post on every thread looking for plates that people have claimed. If I had seen it and really wanted the plate I would've messaged you and we would've worked it out.

The only difference between what happed with us and what happened with you and SpaceGhost (on the plate this thread is supposed to be about) is the amount of time left in the auction. It was just a failure to communicate.

Bottom line: Think what you want of me, but get over it and knock off the **** talking.

I like the community here. I like that people get along (for the most part). I'm all about taking one for the team to promote the community here because its something I've wanted since I started collecting faceplates. This was just a breakdown in communication and hopefully a learning experience for everyone here. Now let's stop with the :cuss: and make with the :cheers:

JakofallAces
01-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Dude you're acting like I stole your girlfriend and kicked your dog.
I've explained it once in another thread but I'll do it again here just to make sure it gets through your head.
One of a kind/extremely rare plates are open season.
That being said, if I had any idea it meant that much to you I would've left it alone and you'd be out the cash instead of me.
You're taking this way too personal - like I was out to get YOU specifically.

I didn't see your post about the COD faceplate until after the auction was over. It's buried in the "Heads Up" thread - a thread I only browse occasionally. On something like this, make a thread - like the one we're in now.
You criticize that I was "snipe" bidding but you did the same thing. My last bid was a "one-click" bid (which I think only bumps up the bid by the minimum amount) because as soon as my bid was placed it said I was outbid. I didn't even get a chance to look at who outbid me.

Look, I didn't need the COD plate. You're right, my collection puts most others to shame - there are a few exceptions. The fact of the matter is that you DIDN'T call dibs on that plate. You put a post in an sticky thread that is supposed to be used to let people know about new plates they've found. You placed two bids on it a week before it ended and then left it alone. If you had made a thread somewhere on the boards saying "HANDS OFF - IT'S MINE" I'd have gladly stepped aside. You can't expect me to go through every post on every thread looking for plates that people have claimed. If I had seen it and really wanted the plate I would've messaged you and we would've worked it out.

The only difference between what happed with us and what happened with you and SpaceGhost (on the plate this thread is supposed to be about) is the amount of time left in the auction. It was just a failure to communicate.

Bottom line: Think what you want of me, but get over it and knock off the **** talking.

I like the community here. I like that people get along (for the most part). I'm all about taking one for the team to promote the community here because its something I've wanted since I started collecting faceplates. This was just a breakdown in communication and hopefully a learning experience for everyone here. Now let's stop with the :cuss: and make with the :cheers:

just to mention between your fighting that technically the whole Dibs thing for faceplates on ebay is sorta illegal because that goes against ebays policy of conspiring to and not to bid on something to keep the price low.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
you personally told me that you had seen the thread but didn't think i still wanted it so you bid right? so why are you saying you never saw the thread, trying to make yourself look better. but you are more reputable here(and you know that) so i'll leave it be, and that's the only reason i'm leaving it be because i still think you are one of the people who would upbid something just cause you have the money to waste so someone else doesn't get it.

Bottom line: you saw my post, and you know you did cause you told me, my post said please pm me if you are going to bid on it. even if i didn't bid on it for a couple days(was i gunna just keep going back and forth bidding it up and up...no) i think you could've at least pm'd me through here. you're a greedy guy, i just think you didn't care because i have like only 8 posts at the time on this forum.. you were like who's this guy anyway. but i'm here to stay so you'll have to deal with me. i don't like you buddy, but i wasn't talkin crap, it was all facts

gameking28
01-30-2008, 06:26 PM
That's another reason why its hard to get the word out when you want something.
The seller of the COD plate actually commented that she liked my collection -which means she's either been here or over to HottyMcBloggy's (where much of my collection is actually posted). Think she's been by here and is laughing at all this? :rofl:

But seriously, I don't want my account suspended and I'm sure no one else here does either. If we want to continue "claiming" plates we'll probably have to figure out some sort of system that gets the word out while not leaving it out in the open for all to see.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
i gave her the link link to your blog actually bro =) commenting that wow you didn't have enough cool stuff already... i like your collection man. anyone into games would.

gameking28
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Haha thanks.
But you've got it wrong. I deleted the response I had here because I missed your first response.
I said that I saw your bid, not your post.
Look I'm done arguing with you. Just lay off the damn insults and we're done.

SpaceGhost2K
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I think now is a good time for everybody to step back and take a breath.

This is a good time to evaluate what we are. TO do that, I am going to use a couple of examples.

When I collected Star Wars stuff actively, I was a manber of collectstarwars.com, and then galactichunter.com when CSW was bought and the former owners launched the new site.

People there post local finds, and they buy, sell and trade figures. They don't allow ebay links except for top of the line vintage figures and memorabilia. So people don't fight too much, because their forums are more about what's local and not what they found on the 'net.

Then on the other hand there are the Roman forums. No, not the one where they threw Christians to the lions. Roman makes figurines. I tried to complete a set of ornaments for my wife, and there was like no talk at all about people finding HTF things. If you found something cool, you kept the info to yourself.

Faceplate Addict is a weird duck. I'm trying to get people to come together as a community while at the same time knowing that they're all going to want the same stuff. It's a nightmare waiting to happen.

At SOME point, there will be a number of people here who have near-complete collections. By that, I mean they've got just about everything that will EVER be in their price range. When there are eighteen people here with the DOA Kasumi plate, and one comes up for auction, there will be a "heads up" and probably no fighting will ensue.

But as it is right now, not even Gh0st or Gameking is in that boat. While they have stellar collections, they also still have some gaping holes that need to be filled. Then we've also got those guys just starting out, with money in hand, trying to decide which plate to add to their collection.

This is my opinion, but I'd never get that riled up over a signature.

I have two plates from the Canadian charity auctions that I could have lost and not lost any sleep.
I have a plate signed by Brad Bird, but it's a plate that I made myself.
I have two plates signed by the BioWare/Mass Effect development team. Not only are they also made by me, but I went to their studios and they signed them with MY pen, right in front of me. Their autographs don't mean "I paid for a signed plate." They mean, "I was there."

If a CoD4 plate autographed by the development team means that much to you (and I'm only using this as an example, I'm not singling out parties involved), I would just buy a plate and mail it to Infinity Ward's PR department, and ask for signatures. Avril Lavigne, Joss Stone, Brad Bird... those people were in one place at one time and signed one plate. They're non-industry people. I would never, NEVER, pay crazy money for a plate signed by people who are still around and could sign a hundred more if you asked. J Allard, Peter Moore, Jeff Bell, Shane Kim, Major Nelson, Cliffy B, Peter Molyneux.... it's too easy to just hand them a plate and ask them to sign it.

Pick a company. Let's use Bungie. Pretty easy to find the addresses to their studios. Get a Halo plate. Get a box that will hold the plate and addresses it to yourself, and stick on the appropriate postage. Then put that and a Halo plate in a box. Add a note that you're a fan and would like signatures of the development staff. Include specific names if you have them.

You could do that with IW, and for fifty bucks for a plate and twenty bucks postage, you could have that plate that sold for two hundred or whatever it went for. And you'd have the pride of knowing that you got those signatures yourself.

---

I've expressed interest in the IdolM@ster plate and this Massive plate. In both cases, I made an exceptional amount of noise that these plates mean a lot to me. Groovy. But if someone in here outbid me, well... the truth of the matter is, they were obviously willing to spend more money on than I was, so who can I blame? Them? Hell no.

I am hoping that we can help each other out SO MUCH that if someone DOES get their toes stepped on, a "sorry dude" will be sufficient, and we're passed it. There will be misunderstandings. There will be miscommunications. And there will most certainly be competitions.

gh0st_rider, moltenluv and kingmidas82 have gone way above and beyond in helping me with my collection. ali rock 110 and gameking28 have bought a crapload of stuff from me. So if I lost something to someone I might go, "&#(%$!" but if I lost it to one of them, I'd go "oh, well." If we're all that close from helping each other out, EVERYBODY will have some one-of-a-kind plate in their collection, and EVERYBODY will have a collection they can be proud of and NOBODY will want somebody in here dead, lol.

Nato King
01-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Good Saying Space. Can we all just get along.

JakofallAces
01-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I think now is a good time for everybody to step back and take a breath.

This is a good time to evaluate what we are. TO do that, I am going to use a couple of examples.

When I collected Star Wars stuff actively, I was a manber of collectstarwars.com, and then galactichunter.com when CSW was bought and the former owners launched the new site.

People there post local finds, and they buy, sell and trade figures. They don't allow ebay links except for top of the line vintage figures and memorabilia. So people don't fight too much, because their forums are more about what's local and not what they found on the 'net.

Then on the other hand there are the Roman forums. No, not the one where they threw Christians to the lions. Roman makes figurines. I tried to complete a set of ornaments for my wife, and there was like no talk at all about people finding HTF things. If you found something cool, you kept the info to yourself.

Faceplate Addict is a weird duck. I'm trying to get people to come together as a community while at the same time knowing that they're all going to want the same stuff. It's a nightmare waiting to happen.

At SOME point, there will be a number of people here who have near-complete collections. By that, I mean they've got just about everything that will EVER be in their price range. When there are eighteen people here with the DOA Kasumi plate, and one comes up for auction, there will be a "heads up" and probably no fighting will ensue.

But as it is right now, not even Gh0st or Gameking is in that boat. While they have stellar collections, they also still have some gaping holes that need to be filled. Then we've also got those guys just starting out, with money in hand, trying to decide which plate to add to their collection.

This is my opinion, but I'd never get that riled up over a signature.

I have two plates from the Canadian charity auctions that I could have lost and not lost any sleep.
I have a plate signed by Brad Bird, but it's a plate that I made myself.
I have two plates signed by the BioWare/Mass Effect development team. Not only are they also made by me, but I went to their studios and they signed them with MY pen, right in front of me. Their autographs don't mean "I paid for a signed plate." They mean, "I was there."

If a CoD4 plate autographed by the development team means that much to you (and I'm only using this as an example, I'm not singling out parties involved), I would just buy a plate and mail it to Infinity Ward's PR department, and ask for signatures. Avril Lavigne, Joss Stone, Brad Bird... those people were in one place at one time and signed one plate. They're non-industry people. I would never, NEVER, pay crazy money for a plate signed by people who are still around and could sign a hundred more if you asked. J Allard, Peter Moore, Jeff Bell, Shane Kim, Major Nelson, Cliffy B, Peter Molyneux.... it's too easy to just hand them a plate and ask them to sign it.

Pick a company. Let's use Bungie. Pretty easy to find the addresses to their studios. Get a Halo plate. Get a box that will hold the plate and addresses it to yourself, and stick on the appropriate postage. Then put that and a Halo plate in a box. Add a note that you're a fan and would like signatures of the development staff. Include specific names if you have them.

You could do that with IW, and for fifty bucks for a plate and twenty bucks postage, you could have that plate that sold for two hundred or whatever it went for. And you'd have the pride of knowing that you got those signatures yourself.

---

I've expressed interest in the IdolM@ster plate and this Massive plate. In both cases, I made an exceptional amount of noise that these plates mean a lot to me. Groovy. But if someone in here outbid me, well... the truth of the matter is, they were obviously willing to spend more money on than I was, so who can I blame? Them? Hell no.

I am hoping that we can help each other out SO MUCH that if someone DOES get their toes stepped on, a "sorry dude" will be sufficient, and we're passed it. There will be misunderstandings. There will be miscommunications. And there will most certainly be competitions.

gh0st_rider, moltenluv and kingmidas82 have gone way above and beyond in helping me with my collection. ali rock 110 and gameking28 have bought a crapload of stuff from me. So if I lost something to someone I might go, "&#(%$!" but if I lost it to one of them, I'd go "oh, well." If we're all that close from helping each other out, EVERYBODY will have some one-of-a-kind plate in their collection, and EVERYBODY will have a collection they can be proud of and NOBODY will want somebody in here dead, lol.

WOW that was amazing, props to spacey for putting the time and energy into making us a friends again, and once again completely skipping over adding me in a post, but once that day comes i will be truly happy, and know that the faceplate community is whole again. But seriously spacey you really are always there when we start bickering or disputing, there will be other chances to get a signed plate and eventually gameking will run out of money so we can acctually stand a chance of winning stuff:rolleyes:

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 08:35 PM
i had a feeling space was gunna say somethin =p. well put. i'm over it. but i still think you knew what you were doing gameking.

gameking28
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
i'm over it. but i still think you knew what you were doing gameking.
Obviously you're not. Even after all that and a PMed apology from me, you still had to put in that last little jab. SpaceGhost even stepped in and wrote out a very thorough and heartfelt response - this area of the forums is his baby by the way - and still you're throwing crap on me.
I've done all I can short of offering to sell you the plate. As I've said before, it doesn't mean that much to me.

So I'll tell you what, I'm sick of all this. If you want it so bad that you're going to continue to gripe about it and hold some insane grudge against me, I'll sell it to you. And not only that, I'll sell it to you for what your maximum bid would've been if I hadn't won it.
I'll lose 6 bucks or so and the plate but getting rid of the brain damage I'm dealing with thanks to you is worth it. You're taking the one place I have to come and discuss my hobby with other like minded people and making it something I dread.

Since you're convinced that I'm evil and self serving and probably out to pocket your money, we can use SpaceGhost as a broker (with his approval of course - I'm sure he wants this to go away too). I'll send him the plate, he tells you, you pay me, he sends the plate to you.
PM me. If you're not interested then this is over and I expect to be free from having to deal with your crap every time you post here.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Obviously you're not. Even after all that and a PMed apology from me, you still had to put in that last little jab. SpaceGhost even stepped in and wrote out a very thorough and heartfelt response - this area of the forums is his baby by the way - and still you're throwing crap on me.
I've done all I can short of offering to sell you the plate. As I've said before, it doesn't mean that much to me.

So I'll tell you what, I'm sick of all this. If you want it so bad that you're going to continue to gripe about it and hold some insane grudge against me, I'll sell it to you. And not only that, I'll sell it to you for what your maximum bid would've been if I hadn't won it.
I'll lose 6 bucks or so and the plate but getting rid of the brain damage I'm dealing with thanks to you is worth it. You're taking the one place I have to come and discuss my hobby with other like minded people and making it something I dread.

Since you're convinced that I'm evil and self serving and probably out to pocket your money, we can use SpaceGhost as a broker (with his approval of course - I'm sure he wants this to go away too). I'll send him the plate, he tells you, you pay me, he sends the plate to you.
PM me. If you're not interested then this is over and I expect to be free from having to deal with your crap every time you post here.

i certainly did not want it to go this far. i'm done. you won it. i'm not even saying you didn't fairly win it, you did, it's yours. it belongs in your collection not mine. as far as i'm concerened we can forget this and move on. i'm sorry that it caused you brain damage. i don't see why you're so butt hurt about it now. i said what i felt and that was that. it's done.

Nato King
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Now lets just pass the peace pipe and move on.

So what is this thread about alright the MS/massive faceplate looks like space is still in the runnings for it.

Go for it man.

tinytoonsbuster
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
what's the backround story on the faceplate? how many are out there?

SpaceGhost2K
01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
what's the backround story on the faceplate? how many are out there?

I don't know. There was a Massive event where these were given out. I don't know what or in what numbers.

JakofallAces
01-31-2008, 05:45 AM
I don't know. There was a Massive event where these were given out. I don't know what or in what numbers.

cool i always thought it was some weird company and then i thought it was a little funny. MASSIVE:rofl:

gameking28
02-02-2008, 02:13 AM
And Spacey bags it! :)

Nato King
02-02-2008, 06:11 AM
And Spacey bags it! :)

Yeah I saw that last night. Was early this morning. Good going Space

SpaceGhost2K
02-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Boo-yah.

:D

I just got through telling 'luv that I need to hold off on one month and put the money towards some other things. There were only two exceptions: IdolM@ster Girls and DOA Zero Hour airbrush. Anything else will have to wait, no matter what it is.

But I already had bids on the black Halo 3 Singapore launch plate and the Massive plate, and won both of them. Those are two HUGE holes in my collection that are now filled.

Also on the list is killing Gameking28 in his sleep so I can get the gold Swedish plate.

:)

JakofallAces
02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Boo-yah.

:D

I just got through telling 'luv that I need to hold off on one month and put the money towards some other things. There were only two exceptions: IdolM@ster Girls and DOA Zero Hour airbrush. Anything else will have to wait, no matter what it is.

But I already had bids on the black Halo 3 Singapore launch plate and the Massive plate, and won both of them. Those are two HUGE holes in my collection that are now filled.

Also on the list is killing Gameking28 in his sleep so I can get the gold Swedish plate.

:)
hey i am already staking out his house how about we duel once we steal it, ITS GOLD, not really though but still ITS GOLD

gameking28
02-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Muhahahaha! Bring it on! :hardcore:

JakofallAces
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Muhahahaha! Bring it on! :hardcore:

alright all i need is my 12" hunting knife serated and i hope you know how to knife fight gameking or i might just jack ur entire collection along with your arm

tinytoonsbuster
02-02-2008, 03:19 PM
alright all i need is my 12" hunting knife serated and i hope you know how to knife fight gameking or i might just jack ur entire collection along with your arm

whoa.. even I didn't wanna hurt ya that bad.. =p

JakofallAces
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
whoa.. even I didn't wanna hurt ya that bad.. =p

i was kidding.......................or was I :whistle::watchout:

SpaceGhost2K
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
That's not a knife.

Now THIS... is a knife.

http://www.hdgamenews.com/uploaded_images/light-saber-737538.jpg

JakofallAces
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
That's not a knife.

Now THIS... is a knife.

http://www.hdgamenews.com/uploaded_images/light-saber-737538.jpg

No spacey THATs a light saber, close though, keep trying:hardcore:

EDIT: Is that you???coughnerdcough

gameking28
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
lol man I'm just racking up the death threats lately aren't I? :)
And I haven't even posted up my collection here yet. I'm starting to get nervous (Spacey has my address after all). :yikes:

Nato King
02-02-2008, 06:26 PM
(Spacey has my address after all). :yikes:

He has my address too. Remind me not to get on his bad side. lol

JakofallAces
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
He has my address too. Remind me not to get on his bad side. lol

and i have all of your adresses because i work for the IRS so from now on give me your plates or go to jail and then i will steal them;)

SpaceGhost2K
02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
That's not me. I DO have a lightsaber though.

Three of them. (coughnerdcough).

JakofallAces
02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
That's not me. I DO have a lightsaber though.

Three of them. (coughnerdcough).
you sure its not you and which lightsabers do you have those $110 ones from that store whos name i cant remember???

SpaceGhost2K
02-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I have a dual-bladed Darth Maul saber (not two together, but the dbl packaged one). That one was about $200 almost two years ago. I have a Mace Windu purple that was only $59. I have a "make your own" for $69 that includes one blade, three light strips in red, blue and green, and a variety of pieces to make a Vader, Luke or Obi-Wan version. All three of them are the Master Replica sabers.

JakofallAces
02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I have a dual-bladed Darth Maul saber (not two together, but the dbl packaged one). That one was about $200 almost two years ago. I have a Mace Windu purple that was only $59. I have a "make your own" for $69 that includes one blade, three light strips in red, blue and green, and a variety of pieces to make a Vader, Luke or Obi-Wan version. All three of them are the Master Replica sabers.

thats sweet my friends and me bought those 110 ones from that store i cant remember and had a giant duel, mine was the only one that didnt break, there goes 220 oh well, not so easily though since we had warranties on them so they got two new ones YAY. If you grew a third arm spacey an d wielded them all at the same time that would be sick.

EDIT: WAhoo 4.00 post per day ratio, i need to get a life.

goldeneyez9
03-08-2008, 05:56 PM
What does the Microsoft/Massive faceplate look like?

Does anyone have a pick/link?

Thanks

Nato King
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
What does the Microsoft/Massive faceplate look like?

Does anyone have a pick/link?

Thanks

Here you go
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/d6/6b/d969_1.JPG

JakofallAces
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Here you go
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/d6/6b/d969_1.JPG

ya its pretty boring and ugly well more boring

SpaceGhost2K
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
It's not boring. Bite me.

Oh, and Radio Shack has those "build your own" sabers from Master Replicas for only $49 right now. They're a little short, but you can make a number of varieties of sabers out of the pieces. Well worth the $69, much less $49.

JakofallAces
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
It's not boring. Bite me.

you name the time and the place, EST by the way

gameking28
03-09-2008, 05:11 AM
When I saw Ep. III the night it came out a couple of kids had those and staged a huge battle outside the theater. It was awesome. :p

After seeing them in action I decided I had to have one. I got The Luke Ep. VI version at Celebration IV. I saw the actual first Force FX prototype at the Master Replicas Collectors Society party that week. They auctioned it off for nearly a grand.

JakofallAces
03-09-2008, 08:19 AM
When I saw Ep. III the night it came out a couple of kids had those and staged a huge battle outside the theater. It was awesome. :p

After seeing them in action I decided I had to have one. I got The Luke Ep. VI version at Celebration IV. I saw the actual first Force FX prototype at the Master Replicas Collectors Society party that week. They auctioned it off for nearly a grand.

Thats sweet i went to the pre-release showing of star wars episode 1 which was sweet and after it was over some creep outside was dressed as darth maul and started doing acrobatics with the double ended light saber. After i left i heaqrd that he broke his arm when a lady with a stroller got in his way while he was doing a backfilp-handstand thing. Serves him right for scaring the heck out of me:p

SpaceGhost2K
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM

SHUT UP! Are you talking about that theater in LA across the street from that killer music store? Grr, I can't remember the name... something "dome" maybe? I was there that same night! I went with a bunch of Xbox friends. I bought my old skool ESB lightsaber. I didn't have one of the FX ones yet. There were Stormtroopers from the 501st there, and a roped off area with the lightsaber fight. Music was playing and there was a strobelight attached to the computer. The fight was choreographed so that the the combatants would "hit" their lightsabers at the same time the strobe went off and the sound too.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lightsaberfight2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lightsaberfight1.jpg

moltenluv
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Hahah that reminded me of this.............http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aFu_JediSquirrels.jpg

JakofallAces
03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
SHUT UP! Are you talking about that theater in LA across the street from that killer music store? Grr, I can't remember the name... something "dome" maybe? I was there that same night! I went with a bunch of Xbox friends. I bought my old skool ESB lightsaber. I didn't have one of the FX ones yet. There were Stormtroopers from the 501st there, and a roped off area with the lightsaber fight. Music was playing and there was a strobelight attached to the computer. The fight was choreographed so that the the combatants would "hit" their lightsabers at the same time the strobe went off and the sound too.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lightsaberfight2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lightsaberfight1.jpg

WAY TOO MUCH effort just go fer the jab its unblockable

SpaceGhost2K
03-10-2008, 06:33 PM
WAY TOO MUCH effort just go fer the jab its unblockable

... said the guy WITHOUT a lightsaber.

JakofallAces
03-10-2008, 06:37 PM
... said the guy WITHOUT a lightsaber.

to the nerd with custom light saber and matching spandex:)

SpaceGhost2K
03-10-2008, 11:25 PM
to the nerd with custom light saber and matching spandex:)

I don't have any spandex.

But I have the site bookmarked. :D

http://www.80stees.com/products/Greatest-American-Hero-Costume.asp

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Greatest-American-Hero-Costume.jpg

(Yes, I really did have it bookmarked.)

KatamariKutie
03-11-2008, 12:50 AM
C'mon Space, Jak isn't going to know who that is. And, technically, I dont think thats spandex.

gameking28
03-11-2008, 05:03 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was further south at an Edwards in Anaheim. It would've been funny though if we could've added yet another place where we've crossed paths unknowingly. :cheers: