PDA

View Full Version : NEVER send ur RROD xbox to microsoft again

JarkMan
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
i was lookin around youtube today and i stumbled upon a guy saying u can fix an RROD xbox with just 2 large towels and 15-20 minutes of time im in the process of trying this right now ill let u know how it turns out here the link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dx1t1ZrZJ4&feature=related

JarkMan
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
everyone this technique actually works i just uncovered my xbox turned it off then back on and it actually fixed its a miracle i say!

Ry
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
it only last about 2 weeks, if you buy my guide, it fixes your xbox forever :D

JarkMan
02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
yah but does ur guide make u void the warrenty?

CrazyCougar
02-05-2008, 08:23 PM
The towel trick voids the warranty as well. MS is well aware of this towel trick and has vocally told people that if upon inspection of their 360 when recieved it is determined that the towel trick was used a repair ticket will not be issued. The towel trick supposedly heats the inside up enough to liquify the solder contacts. And MS says they can tell.

I dont think I would take the chance on voiding the warranty. Just pack it up and send it in folks.

Ry
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
The towel trick voids the warranty as well. MS is well aware of this towel trick and has vocally told people that if upon inspection of their 360 when recieved it is determined that the towel trick was used a repair ticket will not be issued. The towel trick supposedly heats the inside up enough to liquify the solder contacts. And MS says they can tell.

I dont think I would take the chance on voiding the warranty. Just pack it up and send it in folks.
I stand by this 100%, if you still have warranty, send it in, you dont want to wreck your 360, but if you have warranty, dont bother trying any tricks.

JarkMan
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
were did u find out that the towel trick voids the warrenty? i must read cause if it true i might as well just buy chickens repair book

Ry
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Its not mine, but I get a comission on it, www.xbox.com/support probally somewhere there

JarkMan
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
how did u manage that deal?

CrazyCougar
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I'll try to find a link to an official statement, but this was said vocally by a representative at one of the electronics shows when the whole towel trick started surfacing. I am sure there is documentation on it somewhere though. But as stated, you are much better off sending in the console if its still under warranty than just trying to extends its life. Eventually its not going to work at all anymore even with the towel trick.

Ainokeatoo
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Over heating your console will void your warranty for two reasons, one, they most likely can tell when you do so, and two, it can be viewed as consumer error. It was your fault the product failed and as a result the company is not liable for any damages, that's common knowledge. Also, honestly, the console is broke, why the hell would you want to break it again only to have the console work for two weeks at the very most, at which point *supposedly* you could have already received a replacement. Along with that, after breaking your console again with the towel trick, you basically will have to lay down another couple hundred for a new console because you didn't want to send it in, in the first place.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM

Well a fact that i don’t think most of us in here are aware of., is if you have a replacement xbox (meaning if you sent it in already) and your xbox gives you the 3 red lights xbox will charge you nothing with or without warranty.. I know this cause 1 of my two systems just crapped out on me and i had to send it in just recently to get it fixed and it was to no charge to me cause it was a model they gave me after the first time.. mine crapped out.. but send it in the towel trick is all cool and all but its a 2 week solution in the end u still have to send it in the only problem is you'll be screwed cause it voids the warranty. SO WHY BOTHER!