PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 360s can still get the RRoD.

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Mine got it this morning although the pattern was off. Instead of the lights flashing they were solid and rather than the top right light being clear(or Green) it was the top Left light that was clear. The lights then converted to only one red light on the right hand side of the console instead of three.

However, the 360 did not die -- yet -- due to the RRoD. I turned the console off and then back on and have been playing game since then.

I'll let everyone know if this one dies. Hopefully it won't because MS may lose another customer due to faulty hardware. :)

Dr_J
02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Why would they lose you as a customer?

They will fix or replace it for free if it fails.

How is your 360 set up? Ventilated on all sides? Do you have it on the floor?

JackTheWhack
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
It seems like the 360 was overheating, this happened earlier with my first 360, it was all done by just leavin' the console off for 15 mins. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

*Whack*

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Why would they lose you as a customer?

They will fix or replace it for free if it fails.

How is your 360 set up? Ventilated on all sides? Do you have it on the floor?

I heard that they may send you back a faulty older model with no HDMI port.

I have it set-up off of the floor on a Game Keeper stand that is open on all sides. I rarely play it any longer than 2 hours. Not to mention the game had just been turned on when I got the RRoD so it can't be from overheating.

Here is a picture of the stand I use(It's reccommended for the 360 because it has openings on all sides.): http://xbox.about.com/od/xboxaccessories/fr/gamekeeperrev.htm

Variation-XBA
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I heard that they may send you back a faulty older model with no HDMI port.

No, and even IF that happened, you would call, raise hell and get what you wanted back.

People sure go by here-say rather than facts

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 05:59 PM
No, and even IF that happened, you would call, raise hell and get what you wanted back.

People sure go by here-say rather than facts

Really?

I know more than a few people that have gotten older models from MS when they sent back theirs. They just refurbish them and one person I know personally had the "repaired 360" break as soon as he turned it on and had to send it back a second time.

There are tons of people that have sent back bricked 360's five or six times. It's not "hearsay(you spelled it wrong)" it's facts.

Moreover, calling and raising hell has nothing to do with the fact that they do send out older already used 360s in place of the model you sent in quite often.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Really?

I know more than a few people that have gotten older models from MS when they sent back theirs. They just refurbish them and one person I know personally had the "repaired 360" break as soon as he turned it on and had to send it back a second time.

There are tons of people that have sent back bricked 360's five or six times. It's not "hearsay(you spelled it wrong)" it's facts.

Moreover, calling and raising hell has nothing to do with the fact that they do send out older already used 360s in place of the model you sent in quite often.

It's true,.. i can tell mine wasn't a new model because when i sent my first one.., it was quite and never froze on me. then boom... the "better-one" got delivered first off it gave me 4 red lights when i turned it on, when i restarted it , it was fine... then the fan started making loud noises and it was the same till it messed up again...,and froze on me just about once a month... i didnt b*@ch cause i didnt wanna send it back ... until the red lights.. came on.. i also checked the serial number.., i dont care though its the only way, to get it back soon... imagine the wait to fix each individual xbox...

FromHell440
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Now it is starting to freeze in online play. It is going to go soon I believe; not due to the red lights but due to disc drive problems? Microsoft sure made some cheap hardware.

I'll send this one in IF it breaks(so much for Falcon reliability if it does) but if the next one I get should this one break be faulty I am going to seriously consider another gaming console.

The sad part is the average 360 owner spends tons of money on games, so if the console goes they have to wait for MS to fix it or lose money on all the games they bought.

I'll let you guys know if my "falcon" 360 joins the "XBOX 360 FAIL!" club.

CrazyCougar
03-19-2008, 06:11 PM
The 360 is a terrible piece of hardware and workmanship no matter what chipset is thrown into it. The enhineers rushed a design together and pushed this out the door without extensive testing in order to beat Sony to the punch. Its really ashame because the console has great potential if it could only be trusted to work all the time.

Stephen and I have talked and its almost embarrassing to run a fansite for a piece of hardware thats far from mechanically sound. 16% failure rate my ass. More like 60%!!!!

FromHell440
03-19-2008, 06:24 PM
The 360 is a terrible piece of hardware and workmanship no matter what chipset is thrown into it. The enhineers rushed a design together and pushed this out the door without extensive testing in order to beat Sony to the punch. Its really ashame because the console has great potential if it could only be trusted to work all the time.

Stephen and I have talked and its almost embarrassing to run a fansite for a piece of hardware thats far from mechanically sound. 16% failure rate my ass. More like 60%!!!!

That's the problem; the non-reliability of the hardware. How much money have they lost rushing this hardware out rather than testing it fully like they should have?

The 360 is a titan when it comes to the digital world and gaming. It could still have beat Sony's PS3 if they released both of them on the same day and it would have been reliable to boot. Instead they rushed it out and now the consumers are paying for their mistakes.

You've seen my posts Cougar I am a big 360 gamer. I think the system is great, but what's up with the failure rate? I mean come on Microsoft. People have to miss out on a month of gaming when they send these things in.

FIX IT ALREADY.

By the way, how long is the average turn around should I have to send it in?

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
That's the problem; the non-reliability of the hardware. How much money have they lost rushing this hardware out rather than testing it fully like they should have?

The 360 is a titan when it comes to the digital world and gaming. It could still have beat Sony's PS3 if they released both of them on the same day and it would have been reliable to boot. Instead they rushed it out and now the consumers are paying for their mistakes.

You've seen my posts Cougar I am a big 360 gamer. I think the system is great, but what's up with the failure rate? I mean come on Microsoft. People have to miss out on a month of gaming when they send these things in.

FIX IT ALREADY.

By the way, how long is the average turn around should I have to send it in?

Good post hell.. but no i think u still have time.. just dont tell them when it happened and say it just happened a day or two ... I highly dought they care about when it happened i think there focus is on..., weather it is or not there fault .... stay shut and say it just happened to you... how would they know ..

MXracer721
03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Mine just got the RRoD.....wasn't even warmed up. Started out playin MX vs ATV, the game locked up. Shut it off waited ten seconds turned it back on and BAM, 3 red blinkin lights.........welllllllllllll *****

FromHell440
03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Mine just got the RRoD.....wasn't even warmed up. Started out playin MX vs ATV, the game locked up. Shut it off waited ten seconds turned it back on and BAM, 3 red blinkin lights.........welllllllllllll *****

Is it a falcon 360?

My "falcon" is on it's way out. I just got the three red lights again. Checked the power supply and it was not in standby mode.

The fan has stopped working in the back because I no longer feel the warm air being blown out.

This is horrible man. And some guys here have tons of games and have had to send theirs in at least 4 times. Microsoft what is wrong with you! Fix the problem!

Damn! *Picks up the phone to call for the coffin*

JackTheWhack
03-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Damn, that sucks.. that's definitely not good to hear.

Steeps5
03-21-2008, 03:20 PM
i got my 360 right before they upgraded them to HDMI, which is bad for me. but nothing has gone wrong with it yet and i keep it horizontal so it shouldnt overheat. I just hope i dont get the red rings.

MXracer721
03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Is it a falcon 360?

My "falcon" is on it's way out. I just got the three red lights again. Checked the power supply and it was not in standby mode.

The fan has stopped working in the back because I no longer feel the warm air being blown out.

This is horrible man. And some guys here have tons of games and have had to send theirs in at least 4 times. Microsoft what is wrong with you! Fix the problem!

Damn! *Picks up the phone to call for the coffin*

Not a Falcon. I shoulda said that before. It was bought Dec of 06. She had a good run I guess. :(

FromHell440
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
It's been working all day and the fan is spinning again albeit slowly. I also don't get any freezing. I am sure it's on its way out though, but since I just got it in Jan. I can afford to play it till it dies. :cuss: