PDA

View Full Version : Removing faceplate objects.

Fazed
03-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi,
I am just curious to know what objects can be removed from the faceplate and be placed back on. I tried removing the power button on my old one just to try customizing it and obliertated it. If you could tell me how to remove the peices as well that would be great.

I know you can get the flaps of but heard that you can easially lose the spring and that it is next to impossible to get the USB one back on. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Cheers,

Fazed

JarkMan
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
u might want to observe SpaceGhost2k's faceplate painting tutorial it explains in detail on how to remove such items so i suggest u go and give that thread a look-see

SpaceGhost2K
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, what he said.

For the power button, I made some stickers that you can just place over the clear parts where the light comes through so you can paint the rest. Still, it's better to give everything a light sanding and that's easier to do if you remove the parts.

On the power button, just take a razor knife and shave the large part of the four pegs that hold on the button. The button and the ring should just slide off the pegs. When you reattach them after you're done painting the button, go in this order:

1) replace the ring.
2) Superglue the four edges of the ring to the back of the plate. The glue will seep under the ring. Make sure the ring is on as far as it will go before you glue it.
3) put superglue on the four pegs, trying to stay to the outside of the pegs.
4) Replace the power button and use some tool to press down the parts that fit ofer the pegs. The glue will seep under it. If you get glue on the inside, it might keep the button from going in when its pushed.

5) in some cases, that's plenty to hold it on, but the last thing I want is someone pushing the botton on one of my customs and having the button pop off. So I take some GOOP, put it around the outside of each peg and on the top of the peg, then make sure the two bits of GOOP touch. It dries pretty stiff and that button will probably never come off again without destroying it. Just make sure it doesn't stick up too high or it might hinder reattaching the plate to the console.

JarkMan
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
ya i knoticed that on the plate u made me space i touched it and i was like damn this is stronger than melting the plastic together with mine i used a mixture of super glue and a hot glue gun

Elite-Concepts
03-08-2008, 03:18 AM
whats GOOP

JakofallAces
03-08-2008, 08:50 AM
wow space my friend broke one of my extra plate because he pushed the power button too hard when it was off my console and to of the back flaps that hold it on the plate broke

moltenluv
03-08-2008, 09:14 AM
whats GOOP

Its a super strong all purpose glue.

www.amazinggoop.com (http://www.amazinggoop.com)

JakofallAces
03-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Its a super strong all purpose glue.

www.amazinggoop.com (http://www.amazinggoop.com)

I WANT SOME:yikes::trippin::yikes::trippin::midget: