PDA

View Full Version : New 360style is up!

Frazmand
03-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,

Just a quick post to tell you about our new redesign on 360style.co.uk (http://www.360style.co.uk)Please take some time to check it out.

We're also looking for a couple of people to help out on the blog, so if your interested please reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

360style.co.uk (http://www.360style.co.uk)

gameking28
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Site looks good! I like the re-design.
I also like the FP database. It's a little cleaner than Tacohead's, but not quite as complete. Still a step in the right direction though. :cheers:

JakofallAces
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Site looks good! I like the re-design.
I also like the FP database. It's a little cleaner than Tacohead's, but not quite as complete. Still a step in the right direction though. :cheers:

ya its nice but still there are a few problems with the plates like the Gorrillaz plate is upside down and its out of 600 not 360

SpaceGhost2K
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Fraz, I got your email and stuck my head in there, but I haven't had the time to look around. I was also going to post about it and feel like a scmuck for not having done so already.

Frazmand
03-14-2008, 07:17 PM
No worries Space. I asked Nato if it was cool to post about the site on here first, didn't want to be upsetting anyone.

I'm still looking for some people to help out with the blog. Writing about faceplates etc. Maybe a couple of tutorials.

SpaceGhost2K
03-14-2008, 09:08 PM
No worries Space. I asked Nato if it was cool to post about the site on here first, didn't want to be upsetting anyone.

I'm still looking for some people to help out with the blog. Writing about faceplates etc. Maybe a couple of tutorials.

Well, let me explain my philosophy of this whole thing.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony...."

There's limits to how much "pimping" one can do on any site, but a lot of what makes the difference is the intention behind it. Ultimately, everybody wants traffic, whether it's to generate ad $, or just to be seen. Everybody agrees with that, yes?

Part of the reason that myself, and Kamshaft, and some other people you may have heard of like AceAttorney, Wiseguy, Peench, Godfree, WitchKing9 and others were given the MVP award is because we stress community over all else. It is to the gaming community's benefit as a whole, to bring information to as many people as possible.

I appreciate your need for bloggers. I haven't found a site yet that couldn't use contributors who could complete a thought and put it into words. There seems to be a shortage of those, even on the www.

Anything you see posted or written here in the Xbox Addict Faceplate Forum is free for you to use at your place, as long as you link back to the site so that the appropriate credit can be given. I wrote a brief tutorial, and of course Artist Pavel has a video tutorial on YouTube. You could post "Here's a tutorial written by the guys over at XBA" and post the whole tutorial if you want. Hopefully, what will happen is that someone will decide they want their own tutorial up there and they'll volunteer one for you. I'd be happy to write one for you, but it would end up looking like that one anyway, so you might as well use it if you need/want to.

I hope we'll be able to help each other out with our databases as well, and certainly I offer my assistance in getting US plates over to you in the UK. At least, as much help as I can be. Been kinda dry around here lately, but there are supposed to be Universe at War and Unreal Tournament III plates arriving any day. And I know we've got some guys dying for Devil May Cry plates that we can't get here.

UNV Superkid
03-14-2008, 10:11 PM
well said spacey!!

Frazmand
03-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks very much Space. You guys are true MVP if you are helping this much. Unlike 'Avid X' who doesn't deserve his at all. :cuss:

Thank you very much for the help you have given me in the past and the present, and I would be happy to help with you database.