PDA

View Full Version : News Article: 10 signs you may like Guitar Hero Too Much

FromHell440
03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I just saw this article on Yahoo! News and thought I would share it here.

When Activision announced Guitar Hero on Tour for the Nintendo DS, it seemed like the popular video game series had finally saturated every aspect of popular culture. Maybe the jump to portable gaming consoles doesn't seem that big a jump, but since its first iteration, Guitar Hero has seeped into our lives through some surprising conduits: from South Park episodes to Bill Gates's final CES keynote.

In fact, if you're a big enough fan, you can conceivably incorporate Guitar Hero into nearly every waking moment--in fact, why not pick up a Guitar Hero pillow for those deep R.E.M. cycles (see number 5 on our list below)?

When is enough too much? We're not here to pass judgment (well, except for that slightly sensational headline), but if you own more than, say, four or five of the below items, it may be time for you to consider a new hobby--or at least think about getting a little fresh air.

The full article can be found here: http://www.gearlog.com/2008/03/10_signs_you_may_like_guitar_h.php

MXracer721
03-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I like the link, most of that stuff I didn't even know they had. I liked the foot pedal deal for star power and whammy bar, I had heard they were coming out with that but thought it was only for star power not for both.

Variation-XBA
03-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Activision is totally raping it for everything it's worth.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
activation needs to to pay off some artist, so they can release more tracks on xbl...., they need to get some ac/dc, some limp bizkit, some korn, some more nirvana, 3 doors down, and a hell of a lot more... I mean c’mon we don’t need ... slow ride... barracuda...(although fun, cause it reminds me of herald and kumar go to white castle).. but c’mon i know a lot of people who just feel like they play 12 songs at most on gh3...i love probably a good 60 % of the songs that are there mind you i spent 2000 points on packs to get there.. so .. i would like to see them invest more money not on crappy merchandise that no one needs... but on songs.. rock band.. in my opinion is only better than guitar hero 3 because 1 they have a drum set..
2.. the every Tuesday downloads... that’s about it ... and i have that game too... i don’t play often because what they have for download... sucks.. i think like 12 packs... out of those i got 3 for rock band... but i like guitar hero 3 more because of the animation, the songs sound clearer for some reason and im just a fan... all they need to do is buy more songs... and there’s a bunch cause anyone that owns a ipod and it could hold over 1000 songs guarantee... they have some old songs.. now ask your self wouldn’t you want to listen to those songs on gh3 and play the riffs... i know i would love to play nookie, or saint anger... and others like "bullet" from creed that had a crazy riff... but anyways they could do it and it upsets me when there so much room for improving and they don’t do it.. and they waste there time and team on creating bull**** pillows and pedals that im sure wont even reach there projected sales. not just them any company who misses the obvious on what gamers want.. and don’t do it pisses me off.

and for the love of god... stop with the red already lol u bastards..

MXracer721
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
activation needs to to pay off some artist, so they can release more tracks on xbl...., they need to get some ac/dc, some limp bizkit, some korn, some more nirvana, 3 doors down, and a hell of a lot more... I mean c’mon we don’t need ... slow ride... barracuda...(although fun, cause it reminds me of herald and kumar go to white castle).. but c’mon i know a lot of people who just feel like they play 12 songs at most on gh3...i love probably a good 60 % of the songs that are there mind you i spent 2000 points on packs to get there.. so .. i would like to see them invest more money not on crappy merchandise that no one needs... but on songs.. rock band.. in my opinion is only better than guitar hero 3 because 1 they have a drum set..
2.. the every Tuesday downloads... that’s about it ... and i have that game too... i don’t play often because what they have for download... sucks.. i think like 12 packs... out of those i got 3 for rock band... but i like guitar hero 3 more because of the animation, the songs sound clearer for some reason and im just a fan... all they need to do is buy more songs... and there’s a bunch cause anyone that owns a ipod and it could hold over 1000 songs guarantee... they have some old songs.. now ask your self wouldn’t you want to listen to those songs on gh3 and play the riffs... i know i would love to play nookie, or saint anger... and others like "bullet" from creed that had a crazy riff... but anyways they could do it and it upsets me when there so much room for improving and they don’t do it.. and they waste there time and team on creating bull**** pillows and pedals that im sure wont even reach there projected sales. not just them any company who misses the obvious on what gamers want.. and don’t do it pisses me off.

and for the love of god... stop with the red already lol u bastards..

That's a really long sentence. And whats the red? The Red is a good Chevelle song but other than that I dunno what you're talking about.

Bakeman
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
but i like guitar hero 3 more because of the animation,

Really?!? I thought that Rock Band is way better in that department. Not only did they characters have more life like feel to them, but the whole thing just felt more like a rock show. I enjoy watching Rock Band, not so much Gh3. Especially the Drummer on Gh3 looks like a robot that is NOT playing the song, rather just looks like a windup toy.

But as for all that stuff for Gh3.. just crazy... The pillow.. that had to be just some weirdo that made it at home... that isn't licensed I hope.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 12:04 PM
That's a really long sentence. And whats the red? The Red is a good Chevelle song but other than that I dunno what you're talking about.

sorry i typed fast.. no the red by chevelle is awesome lol the red i speak, about.. is from the rep meter.. i put on another thread jokenly give me red i love red and people gave red on my bars... i dont care its like a joke... sorry about the run on sentence.. even though i included periods oh well...
my point was guitar hero 3 is spending there time on propaganda, thats not needed whats needed is more songs to download... of current bands.. even if its there ... early .. work...

got me now boss lol...:confused:

Stifler
03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
guitar hero has a horrible track list. that's why rock band blows it out of the water.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
guitar hero has a horrible track list. that's why rock band blows it out of the water.

nah i think rock band has like 10 tracks i like with the downloads...
i have like 14 or 15 tracks i like on guitar hero... although rock band has a lot more songs there not all that good... metallica pack was a let down they have songs i know but it wasn’t like anything great... but that’s a problem i have with both of them... plus i like playing the guitar a lot i play one in real life.. lol and i feel like the guitar in rock band is a joke i get bored out of my a$$ playing rock band on guitar i think that game was made on the aspect of drums.. im not hating i like being the drummer on rock band, but i think that’s all they have... that and a every Tuesday down load besides that i don’t think they have much to offer....but when you have friends over Rockband is the game to play.. only cause of the microphone and drums… that’s it …

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Really?!? I thought that Rock Band is way better in that department. Not only did they characters have more life like feel to them, but the whole thing just felt more like a rock show. I enjoy watching Rock Band, not so much Gh3. Especially the Drummer on Gh3 looks like a robot that is NOT playing the song, rather just looks like a windup toy.

But as for all that stuff for Gh3.. just crazy... The pillow.. that had to be just some weirdo that made it at home... that isn't licensed I hope.

I know that guitar hero has no creat a player aspect but i just feel like the characters look smoother... on gh3 than rockband even though you can create... the character..