PDA

View Full Version : The Faceplate Forum Contest Thread

SpaceGhost2K
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
To the visitors, thanks for visiting.

To the members, thanks for membering. :D

To everybody: These are the Faceplate Addict Forums at XboxAddict.com. Here are a few of our goals:

1) Encourage personalization of your console through faceplates.
2) Encourage the buying, selling, trading, and MAKING of faceplates.
3) Strengthen the faceplate custom creating community.
4) Provide a place to show off your collection.
5) Provide the Ultimate Faceplate Database for collectors.

We have seen success already on the first four goals, and we're working hard to make #5 happen soon; hopefully as soon as next month.

----

So to drum up some visitors to the Faceplate Addict Forums, we're going to have a contest. There will be three ways to enter:

1) Post in the thread below to be entered into the contest. Simple, yes?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84004

2) Post ONE PICTURE of your faceplate collection in the thread below. If all you have is the original stock faceplate that came with your console, please don't submit an entry to THIS thread. Pictures of ONE white, black, or Halo SE faceplate will be deleted. (For a number of people, one pic can't show their whole collection. Still, all we want is ONE PIC. Take a couple of your plates, or a handful or whatever, and take a pic. If you would LIKE to show off your entire collection, and we'd be ecstatic if you would, please create a thread, introduce yourself, and post away.)

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84007

3) Post ONE PICTURE of a custom plate you made yourself in the thread below. It can be painted, airbrushed, sculpted, chiseled, powered, flowered and confettied, mangled, bangled, tangled and spaghettied. It can be Sharpeed. It can be stickered. IT CAN NOT BE A PURCHASED SKIN unless you designed the image yourself.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84005

All winners will be drawn randomly, not by quality of collection or custom. Contestants are allowed ONE ENTRY PER THREAD and the entry must meet the requirements of the thread. Staff/Admins are not elegible, but mods are.

The contest will run until 12:00 AM April 1st. That's NOT an April Fool's joke, either. :)

Winners will be notified through PM (Private Message) by April 5th, so check your PM boxes after April 4th to see if you're a winner.

So here's the part you've been waiting for, yes?

THE PRIZES:

- A complete set of all five Eternal Sonata Faceplates
- A complete set of all five Ace Combat 6 Faceplates (four giveaways + the promo plate)
- Five codes for the Mass Effect "Bring Down The Sky" DLC, GRACIOUSLY donated by the fine folks at BioWare, Edmonton.
- One custom faceplate made by SpaceGhost2K

I will see what I can do to get some additional prizes to sweeten the pot. Prizes may be substituted for other prizes of equal value at Faceplate Addict Forum's discretion.

Thank you! Please look around the forums while you're here. :)

JakofallAces
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
sweet took you guys long enough cant wait till i win:whistle:

SpaceGhost2K
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
sweet took you guys long enough cant wait till i win:whistle:

Well, help me spread the word. The bigger the collection community, the more companies like Microsoft, Mad Catz, Namco/Bandai, Epic, BIOWARE, etc. will make faceplates. Put the link in your signature if you visit other forums, and tell friends about it.

(Sorry, I edited your post. I meant to quote it.)

JakofallAces
03-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, help me spread the word. The bigger the collection community, the more companies like Microsoft, Mad Catz, Namco/Bandai, Epic, BIOWARE, etc. will make faceplates. Put the link in your signature if you visit other forums, and tell friends about it.

(Sorry, I edited your post. I meant to quote it.)

sure mate except i think some sites get pissed when you link stuff in your sig to other sites also next time you edit my post make it funny :rolleyes:

Nato King
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Man I am not eligible but i will still submit for the fun of it.

Ry
03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Nice prizes, I'm entering in all forums, I didnt want to show my P.O.S Custom, but I guess I will.

SpaceGhost2K
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
next time you edit my post make it funny :rolleyes:

"You can only do so much. You're not Superman, you know."

Man I am not eligible but i will still submit for the fun of it.

I thought you were a mod, not admin. Mods can enter.

$oul [A]$$A$$IN
03-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll enter mine when it's done.

Nato King
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought you were a mod, not admin. Mods can enter.

I wish i was a mod. They seem to have more power than me now a days. Yeah space I am no mod.

Conchord
03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Spaceghost, you are the man. Giving away a custom plate. Are you making it to the winner's specs, or are you just putting out a Hello Kitty you need to get rid of. Either way, I'm in.

SpaceGhost2K
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Spaceghost, you are the man. Giving away a custom plate. Are you making it to the winner's specs, or are you just putting out a Hello Kitty you need to get rid of. Either way, I'm in.

I'll make whatever plate the winner wants, with the understanding that it has to be within my ability to do so. If someone asks for a plate with the entire New Testament written on it.... well, that's out of my league.

Conchord
03-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh, nevermind I want out.

SpaceGhost2K
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh, nevermind I want out.

OT guy, huh?

gameking28
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
More fire and brimstone in that one - much more exciting. ;)

goldeneyez9
03-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Another Naruto faceplate..

Anyone willing to trade/sell an opened I Made This?

Conchord
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
OT guy, huh?

I was hoping to get 1001 Nights, both in Arabic and English.

SpaceGhost2K
03-27-2008, 01:38 AM
I was hoping to get 1001 Nights, both in Arabic and English.

I'm from California. I don't know English.

JakofallAces
03-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Another Naruto faceplate..

Anyone willing to trade/sell an opened I Made This?

onlyu ones here who have em are chronik120, gameking, jeje so good luck i now chrnik120 wont sell so srry mate i dont think you'll be getting one anytime soon their too rare and cool looking

nathan3011
12-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey Guys,

I was just browsing through lots of xbox 360 sites when i came across this and wondered if you guys could explain a bit more about it.

I've always been a playstation man but because of the price difference between PS3 and Xbox 360's i bought the xbox but i've never heard of a faceplate and wondered if anyone could explain what landlord insurance (http://www.landlordinsurance.org.uk/) is??

Thanks

SpaceGhost2K
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Guys,

I was just browsing through lots of xbox 360 sites when i came across this and wondered if you guys could explain a bit more about it.

I've always been a playstation man but because of the price difference between PS3 and Xbox 360's i bought the xbox but i've never heard of a faceplate and wondered if anyone could explain what it is??

Thanks

The front of the Xbox 360 is removable. It was originally a marketing plan where they could sell or give away printed versions of the front cover. People could change them when the mood struck them. The "for sale" plates ended up being pretty generic and not very popular. Sadly, most peopel aren't aware of the plates given away at events, the plates you get free with preorders, or the fact that you can paint/draw on them yourself if you want to. The fact that you own the system and don't know this is exactly my point.

We have a database here with photos of over a thousand different plates. It is easily the most complete record of plates anywhere. It could give you ideas for making your own or for plates to look out for to collect. Between now and Christmas we'll be having another contest to give some away, too, so you could luck out and get one that way.

Variation-XBA
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Can I come off staff just for this contest then be put back on? ;) haha

goodluck peoples!

JakofallAces
12-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Can I come off staff just for this contest then be put back on? ;) haha

goodluck peoples!

didnt this end months ago??

SpaceGhost2K
12-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, this contest is over. There are no current contests open. There will be soon, as soon as I get the last few plates and I find out from Kamshaft how many plates he has to give away.

JakofallAces
12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes, this contest is over. There are no current contests open. There will be soon, as soon as I get the last few plates and I find out from Kamshaft how many plates he has to give away.

then why are people resurrecting dead threads, btw what type of ice cream did u get, i was jealous but it was like 10 here and didnt want cold stuff when its 40 degrees out

SpaceGhost2K
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
then why are people resurrecting dead threads, btw what type of ice cream did u get, i was jealous but it was like 10 here and didnt want cold stuff when its 40 degrees out

I think it was accidental.