PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting PS3 Fanboy dissing 360!!

mattgame
04-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if MS did adopt blu ray, a lot of there moves lately reek of desperation to me. The UK price cut, giving free MSpoints to people who preorder GTA4,etc.

XBOX is losing a lot of momentum. Sony hasn't even pulled out any of the big guns and their already outselling them from month to month in the states. As a matter of fact, in their respective launch years, Sony moved more units. And b4 you American sheep start to complain I am speeking internationally on that last point.

Anyways, 360 is projected to sell the least units this year since it launched. PS3 is expected to sell the most units this year since it launched.

And if you look at 360's future lineup, theres not a lot to get excited about unless your a Halo fan. Gears is great, but you'd only be doing yourself a favor getting the PC version instead. There's a lot of hype surrounding FABLE2 but anyone who played the last one can tell you it was too short and easy. And Too Human just has DUD written all over it.

I dont see these games going toe to toe w/ the likes of Motorstorm2, Resistance2, Killzone2, MGS5, Infamous, The Getaway, God of War 3, Socom, Home, WarDevil, INTIAL D(hell yeah!!!), Twisted Metal, GT5, The new Team ICO project, White Knight STory, FF13, etc. etc. [-] Minimize CommentI wouldn't be surprised if MS did adopt blu ray, a lot of there moves lately reek of desperation to me. The UK price cut, giving free MSpoints to people who preorder GTA4,etc.

XBOX is losing a lot of momentum. Sony hasn't even pulled out any of the big guns and their already... [+] Full Comment
Posted by: Afunk916
Can you believe this ****?!?! The Getaway?!?! Killzone2??!! Now I usually don't get into this type of talk but this is just ridiculous!!

Chat

Stifler
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
cry me a river

Variation-XBA
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I dont see these games going toe to toe w/ the likes of Motorstorm2 LOL yea....right.

Resistance2 I really wasn't impressed with the first one to be honest. It only sold cause it was the best launch title.

Killzone2It'll sell because sony is great at hyping it up, but the first one was only average at best. The AI in the first was completely ignorant with teammates running into grenades, but I guess we want a second.

MGS5I assume he means Metal Gear Solid 4, since there is no 5. Yes, this will sell, but keep in mind MGS is a niche game, much like any stealth game. It will move systems and has the hype behind it. I know I'll be getting it and it's one of Sony's few guns for this year.

The GetawayHas potential, but GTA4 will be out and have the stronghold in this genre. The others were pretty good so we'll see what new they add.

God of War 3 Not a chance this is this year, and if so I'll be completely surprised, but I don't see it happening.

Socom Will probably do well, is it still set for this year? Hope they have a robust online system for it.

Home Ah, Sony's version of LIVE. Neat ideas, but I don't want a virtual apartment, nor do I want to waste time seeing yours. If it makes PSN better, great I'm all for it, but if it's filler then meh. I want open rooms where we can walk around and chat, not just friend's only.

Twisted MetalI can't wait to see this. I don't see it happening this year, but I'm hoping it has a great online.

GT5 It will sell, it does sell, but just not my game at well. Its nice looking pretty, but I'd personally rather have damage and collisions ala Forza, but that's just me.

The new Team ICO projectIf it's anything half as good as ICO or Shadow of the Collossus, then yes, this will be godly. Only thing is it wont be out this year, maybe not even next. They take a long long time with their games.

FF13One of sony's big guns. It'll sell, and it'll sell well, and move systems in the process. I'm looking forward to it, as milloins of others are.

Ainokeatoo
04-03-2008, 03:27 AM
I dont see these games going toe to toe w/ the likes of Motorstorm2, Resistance2, Killzone2, MGS5, Infamous, The Getaway, God of War 3, Socom, Home, WarDevil, INTIAL D(hell yeah!!!), Twisted Metal, GT5, The new Team ICO project, White Knight STory, FF13,

Motorostorm one was horrible, Resistance AGAIN is a damn rip off of gears, Killzone sucked before dunno why they wanna make another one, MGS4 will sell but not enough to compete seriously, I feel sad for ps3 fanboys, it's like that's the only good game worth boasting about. Dunno what the hell this 'infamous' is but bleh, The getaway >_> wasn't that a movie? God of war 3, Meet Gears of war 2 Gears > God. Socom, bleh, never liked.

Home, where to start, where to start, ok, it's neat that sony wants to try and compete with live by making yet another useless feature to fit in with the rest of the useless features on their console called the PS3. Please tell me what in the hell is the point of home? I mean, honestly now, the PS3 and Xbox are both supposed to be gaming consoles, xbox has xbox live, what I need to game and what I want to use when I game. I don't see anything that home could physically do, to help me do what I want to do, and that is play my games with other people online. It has nifty features, i'll give it that, but honestly, you don't necessarily buy a gaming console to sit there and watch movies, or browse the internet *horrible browser btw* or walk around chatting it up with people. I don't know about you, but when I buy a console, it's to play games on, maybe i'll do one or two of the above, but I play games, I am a gamer.

FF13 like socom and mgs4 will sell, but really, with no online feature, all it has is it's fan base -_-; after FFVII their games have begun to just plain, outright suck. FFX wasn't horrible, FFX-2 was bad. FFXI was just fricken horrible, thanks to the way they just up and ruined the whole damn online economy in their game, and the fact that it's not fun to level up in that game, a good MMO exercises good fun throughout the whole leveling process. If you're new you just up and suck, no ifs ands or buts about it.

FromHell440
04-03-2008, 04:04 AM
This nonsense isn't even worth responding to really, but I'll bite......a little. Out of the three next generation consoles the PS3 is the worst.

PS3 fanboys spend more time trying to get at the 360 -- which happens to be a "real gaming console" -- rather than watching hyped up Blu-Ray DVDs on their new PS3 Blu-Ray player.

Nuff said.

SamSmith
04-03-2008, 04:31 AM
I think I know about 2 of the games he mentioned, and the only one that every caught my eye was motorstorm.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
OH Man i love this fanboys....

the games he mentioned are about 4 or 6 so that means that’s all he's looking forward, to this year (if they even come out).. That makes me sad, to think that’s all he's looking forward too.. when we have sooooooooo much more i wont mention them we all know what’s coming out we all know how our online is... this guy is has what i call praying mantis disease..., in this case the play station is the woman and he's happy to have her but he doesn’t realize in the end he gets screwed... so keep smiling idiot, your just getting eaten away by your console while ours... will still be leading.. ... and i will say this since he at least admit it that gears is good(instead of great you ignorant idiot its a great game) anyways ill admit the only game i ever given ps props on is god of war.. thats it.. besides that 12 hour game what do u honestly have that can compete online.. say socom and i say, halo ,gears, Vegas, cod 4, ghost recon, and honestly it keeps going..

Reclaimer
04-03-2008, 04:23 PM
It's just another fanboy comment. No shortage of those. Dismiss it with the rest of them.

Steeps5
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
man, i can list more games for the 360 that are coming this year than that line-up

Including non-exclusives
world in conflict
gta 4
tom clancy's endwar (my favorite)
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Battlefield: Bad Company
Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath
Alone in the Dark
Halo Wars
Huxley
Ninja Gaiden 2
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Rogue Warriors
Unreal Tournament III
Iron Man
Resident Evil 5
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Too Human: Part 1
Borderlands
The Wheelman
Golden Axe
Fallout 3
Prototype
Mobile Ops: The One Year War
Ghostbusters
Dead Space
Brutal Legend
Alan Wake
Silent Hill V
Soul Calibur IV
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
FIFA Street 3
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Civilization Revolution
Fracture
Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena
LEGO Indiana Jones
NBA Ballers Chosen One
TNA Impact
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Fable 2
Dead Island
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Indiana Jones
LEGO Batman
Operation Darkness
Postal III
Saint’s Row 2
Banjo-Kazooie
Alien FPS
Alien RPG

CrazyCougar
04-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Whats really funny aboutt he 360 vs PS3 war.....

I just got back from a THQ event in San Francisco (Stay tuned for the article early next week), and they showed a handful of games that will be releasing simataneously on both consoles. The funny thing is.....NOt one single one of those games was demoed on a PS3. There was not a PS3 in the house!!! It was all MS 360's and Wii's.

Not sure what that means, but in my eyes it doesnt seem to be much confidence from the devs in the PS3 performance or look when trying to hype an early build of a game. Specualtion, but still quite amusing.

FromHell440
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
The Devs have stated a couple of times how the 360 is more streamlined than the PS3. They actually "prefer" the 360.

CrazyCougar
04-05-2008, 09:40 AM
The Devs have stated a couple of times how the 360 is more streamlined than the PS3. They actually "prefer" the 360.

For developmental issues, yes that is correct. But the fact that a lot of these games were showing playable demo's doesnt really fall into that category. I think it has more to do with a confidence level in showing their product. Most games, the 360 looks better especially with lithgting aspects and when showing a game to the press wouldnt you definitely want it to look good. I have a feeling this is huge reasoning. Still, it was funny to see all 360's and Wii's only.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-05-2008, 09:52 AM
For developmental issues, yes that is correct. But the fact that a lot of these games were showing playable demo's doesnt really fall into that category. I think it has more to do with a confidence level in showing their product. Most games, the 360 looks better especially with lithgting aspects and when showing a game to the press wouldnt you definitely want it to look good. I have a feeling this is huge reasoning. Still, it was funny to see all 360's and Wii's only.

The sad thing about everything is, how ps3 promoted the fact that there games look so good, and there right in a still picture, aspect but frame rate, is killing that system. so all that new tech they added to make there game look nicer than xbox, was a waste cause they went cheap on the frame rate, now all developers know this, and i don’t think any gaming company, out there would want to market a game on slow frame rate..

WillyV2
04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
FF13One of sony's big guns. It'll sell, and it'll sell well, and move systems in the process. I'm looking forward to it, as milloins of others are.

Hell yeah. I plan on getting a PS3 mainly for this game. Probably anyways. I say that now, assuming I likely will. By that time there will be other games I want to play for it anyways.

DozertheDozaria
04-05-2008, 08:42 PM
The sad thing about everything is, how ps3 promoted the fact that there games look so good, and there right in a still picture, aspect but frame rate, is killing that system. so all that new tech they added to make there game look nicer than xbox, was a waste cause they went cheap on the frame rate, now all developers know this, and i don’t think any gaming company, out there would want to market a game on slow frame rate..

While I agree with you whole-heartedly about the frame-rates and such, I don't think it is a case of them going cheap on anything. I think it maybe the exact opposite. They went too high tech and it's technology that developers are having a hard time adjusting to.

I really do think that eventually the PS3 will surpass the XBox360; not right now, mind you, but in the future. That really has nothing to do with the 360 being a lesser machine but more that it came out so much ahead of the PS3.

But as most of you who have seen any of my posts know, I'm generally a realist. I'm far from a PS3 fanboy or convert. As far as some of the games, I'm really looking forward to MGS4 and MSGOnline. I'd also like to try Little Big Planet. Really, though, that's about it, right now. I'll admit that the idea of Home is very intriguing. But that's far from a deal breaker. And for now, I'm going to stick with my 360 as that's where the games I want to play are. End of story.

Just my two cents... Thanks for listenin'...

Ciao,
Dozer

mattgame
04-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Now I have a PS3 because I am a gamer tried and true. However, the 360 is far better, the XboxLive service is it's own beast, and the games that are coming out for the 360 are just ridiculous. I will have to admit, I loved Motorstorm, but Resistance was trash. I wasn't feeling Killzone when it came out. SOCOM? I don't think that's coming out this year neither is God Of
War 3. For real any gamer knows that Gears 2 is going to outsell everything this holiday season. Period.

FromHell440
04-05-2008, 09:08 PM
While I agree with you whole-heartedly about the frame-rates and such, I don't think it is a case of them going cheap on anything. I think it maybe the exact opposite. They went too high tech and it's technology that developers are having a hard time adjusting to.

I really do think that eventually the PS3 will surpass the XBox360; not right now, mind you, but in the future. That really has nothing to do with the 360 being a lesser machine but more that it came out so much ahead of the PS3.

But as most of you who have seen any of my posts know, I'm generally a realist. I'm far from a PS3 fanboy or convert. As far as some of the games, I'm really looking forward to MGS4 and MSGOnline. I'd also like to try Little Big Planet. Really, though, that's about it, right now. I'll admit that the idea of Home is very intriguing. But that's far from a deal breaker. And for now, I'm going to stick with my 360 as that's where the games I want to play are. End of story.

Just my two cents... Thanks for listenin'...

Ciao,
Dozer

*Smiles*

Everybody becomes a "realist" when they want to enforce their opinion.

High tech? :rofl:

Maybe the cell (which in theory looks good, but in reality cannot utilize all of the processing power Sony claims it can. Basically Sony's line has been "but, but, but in the future."), but the PS3s GPU was outdated a year and a half before the PS3 was even released. It also pales in comparison to the 360s GPU which utilizes a unique architecture that the lackluster RSX does not.

What a developer had to say about the 360 and the PS3:

Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it’s quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU’s the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU’s on the PS3. I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU’s and do things the XBOX 360 can’t, but I don’t think the console is worth buying based on this speculation.

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

Sony has always been big on hype and low on measuring up to that hype. For instance, Sony claimed the PS2 was more powerful than the original XBOX and guess what? It wasn't. Sony is a huge hype machine.

The original XBOX dwarfed the PS2s power and had built-in online play capabilities. Oddly the PS2 is still around and the original XBOX is a thing of history. Ironic.

Everyone is going to now claim the PS3 is going to "pass the XBOX 360 in the future" which is the same plate Sony has been forcefeeding them for the past what two years? It may actually pick up sales because quite frankly everyone already "has" an Xbox 360 and a Wii. Those are usually the first two next generation systems people buy.

Hell, all they have left to purchase is the PS3 which has been collecting dust on the shelf right next to the Blu-Ray movies. And I still don't see PS3s flying off the shelves or a buying frenzy for them.

Most people that buy the PS3 aren't buying it for games. They buy it for the Blu-Ray. I never saw the PS3 as a gaming system, most don't. If I want hardcore gaming I look towards the 360.

As far as the "in the future" line. There are tons of people spewing this line now. That's how humans work, first you praise something (i.e. The 360), then you knock it for the lesser guy(i.e. The PS3). Of course the PS3 will pick up sales at sometime. We are already seeing this happen. Though the figures are anything but staggering. The thing is we have maybe one more year (perhaps two) left in this generation of consoles. They are already making games for the next Xbox. The PS2 was/is actually a fun console.

In my opinion the PS2 is better than the PS3. It's actually a "gaming console" first and foremost. Which is what gamers want. Ten years of PS3 Blu-Ray? Not when the next consoles are right around the corner and with Microsoft's winning streak since 2007.

PS3 Fanboys and pseudo-fanboys(I.E. Those that are PS3 fanboys but will not admit it) will disagree but I just ignore them..

Also: Real hardcore gamers don't go out and buy every gaming system just to have "every gaming system." They buy the system with the "best" games and maximize the "gaming library" for that system. That's like me buying a Gamecube just to say I own all of the systems. What the hell do I need with a Blu-Ray player anyway? I already have DVD discs why buy "high-definition DVD discs"? Physical media is dying out anyway. iPod and downloads for the win.

With that I'll leave this thread be since I am starting to smell the PS3 marketing hype starting up.

Game on.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 04:26 AM
For real any gamer knows that Gears 2 is going to outsell everything this holiday season. Period.
couldn't of said it better my self..

*Smiles*

Everybody becomes a "realist" when they want to enforce their opinion.

High tech? :rofl:

Maybe the cell (which in theory looks good, but in reality cannot utilize all of the processing power Sony claims it can. Basically Sony's line has been "but, but, but in the future."), but the PS3s GPU was outdated a year and a half before the PS3 was even released. It also pales in comparison to the 360s GPU which utilizes a unique architecture that the lackluster RSX does not.

What a developer had to say about the 360 and the PS3:

Sony has always been big on hype and low on measuring up to that hype. For instance, Sony claimed the PS2 was more powerful than the original XBOX and guess what? It wasn't. Sony is a huge hype machine.

The original XBOX dwarfed the PS2s power and had built-in online play capabilities. Oddly the PS2 is still around and the original XBOX is a thing of history. Ironic.

Everyone is going to now claim the PS3 is going to "pass the XBOX 360 in the future" which is the same plate Sony has been forcefeeding them for the past what two years? It may actually pick up sales because quite frankly everyone already "has" an Xbox 360 and a Wii. Those are usually the first two next generation systems people buy.

Hell, all they have left to purchase is the PS3 which has been collecting dust on the shelf right next to the Blu-Ray movies. And I still don't see PS3s flying off the shelves or a buying frenzy for them.

Most people that buy the PS3 aren't buying it for games. They buy it for the Blu-Ray. I never saw the PS3 as a gaming system, most don't. If I want hardcore gaming I look towards the 360.

As far as the "in the future" line. There are tons of people spewing this line now. That's how humans work, first you praise something (i.e. The 360), then you knock it for the lesser guy(i.e. The PS3). Of course the PS3 will pick up sales at sometime. We are already seeing this happen. Though the figures are anything but staggering. The thing is we have maybe one more year (perhaps two) left in this generation of consoles. They are already making games for the next Xbox. The PS2 was/is actually a fun console.

In my opinion the PS2 is better than the PS3. It's actually a "gaming console" first and foremost. Which is what gamers want. Ten years of PS3 Blu-Ray? Not when the next consoles are right around the corner and with Microsoft's winning streak since 2007.

PS3 Fanboys and pseudo-fanboys(I.E. Those that are PS3 fanboys but will not admit it) will disagree but I just ignore them..

Also: Real hardcore gamers don't go out and buy every gaming system just to have "every gaming system." They buy the system with the "best" games and maximize the "gaming library" for that system. That's like me buying a Gamecube just to say I own all of the systems. What the hell do I need with a Blu-Ray player anyway? I already have DVD discs why buy "high-definition DVD discs"? Physical media is dying out anyway. iPod and downloads for the win.

With that I'll leave this thread be since I am starting to smell the PS3 marketing hype starting up.

Game on.

Damn Hell, well put sir.
I got to tell you its like i said before on top. The best comparison i give the ps3 is that of a praying mantis, they hook up there games with little things here and little things there, to only hide the indisputable fact that they have backed up the loosing fighter, I have no doubt in my mind that ps3 will pick up sales, in a world wide per portion. Only because there starting to show those games that, play station lovers have been dying to play. To me the statistics don’t add up, it took them or is taking them too many years to fulfill games to actually make people want to play this system, most of there heavy hitters have crossed over to Xbox. The few that are left on the play station only list can offer 6 to 20 hours of game play, and that’s with replay value i tally that. but here is a average, and you guys will notice it..

For every 1 game they spew out of quality, there are 2 xbox games already out, or more.
(thats a good average to me)
and then we have, the old faves that still get activity due to our online.

now i have owned a ps3, my old room mates got it for me xmas 2006, i played nothing on it. Why nothing worth playing, god of war that’s it. not enough for me not when in xmas of 2006 i had splinter cell, gears of war,saints row,. So i sold it on ebay, got better use of playstation 3 to contribute the pay back of my student loans. I don’t know to me ps3 doesn’t hasn’t and will ever motivate me to stand inline at 3 am to be the first one to own it 2wice.

CrazyCougar
04-06-2008, 08:42 AM
If the PS3 every comes out with a few titles that I defintely want to play then I'll end up getting that system too. I am a true gamer as well and can appreciate any system if it has something to offer that I like and want to play.

The 360 has a year head start on the PS3, hence the shlowdown in sales. Yes, there was a shortage for the past 2 months, but honestly I dont think that greatly affected the sales of the 360 as most people that have wanted one already had one before this shortage. The PS3 will outsell the 360 from month to month from now on most likely, but again thats already due to the installed userbase over the first year. A better number to guage would be the total consoles sold since launch rather than monthly numbers.

Both systmes have a lot to offer. For online play, the 360 has Xbox Live which has proven to be the online gaming service to have. PSN hasnt proven itself much yet.

Anyhow, a real gamer wants to play the best games out there regardless of the system they are on. At this moment in time most of those games are on the 360 and Wii. The PS3 will get their fair shar of must play games in the near future though.

mattgame
04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
If the PS3 every comes out with a few titles that I defintely want to play then I'll end up getting that system too. I am a true gamer as well and can appreciate any system if it has something to offer that I like and want to play.

The 360 has a year head start on the PS3, hence the shlowdown in sales. Yes, there was a shortage for the past 2 months, but honestly I dont think that greatly affected the sales of the 360 as most people that have wanted one already had one before this shortage. The PS3 will outsell the 360 from month to month from now on most likely, but again thats already due to the installed userbase over the first year. A better number to guage would be the total consoles sold since launch rather than monthly numbers.

Both systmes have a lot to offer. For online play, the 360 has Xbox Live which has proven to be the online gaming service to have. PSN hasnt proven itself much yet.

Anyhow, a real gamer wants to play the best games out there regardless of the system they are on. At this moment in time most of those games are on the 360 and Wii. The PS3 will get their fair shar of must play games in the near future though.

:hail:

Probably the most intelligent unbiased post I've read in along time.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I just see it this way, you like a game. Regardless of wherever it is, you should own it and the system. Your Opinion toward yourself and your gaming habit's are all that matter. However if you choose to call yourself a xbox Addict then, your devotion should be on one system, not band wagon jump. your side has been chosen. You should back one thing not another. See the argument, i believe is based on PS Vs Xbox. Not games vs games, which is the most power-full? is the never ending argument.I'd tell you this, if god of war crossed over id buy it, just like i bought DMC 4, GTA3n4, so to me the battle isn't games. It's systems and all I'm trying to defend is the fact that fan boys all over the INTERNET, keep disputing the fact that xbox sucks!!! i cant stand for that. When in reality play station has never kept a promise they have said. There games are of poor quality, there INTERNET service a joke, and yes xbox 360 did come out first. However how long has play station been out. C'mon your telling me that because xbox had 1 year ahead of Play station thats why the play station seems horrible and over time they will be better. hmmm..
I herd this very discussion over ps2 when it came out and INTERNET gaming was a joke, games that matter took there time. All I remember hearing is, wait till ps3 It's gonna be a new revolution,took ps3 how long to come out, only to have launch consuls, crap out in less then a few weeks. and on top of everything they over price the hell out of it all because of blue-ray..
To me, it just sends a message, of greed.
only because they make cheaper hardware at higher prices, they have games of poor quality, and on top of that there INTERNET is a joke. I give a lot of respect to Nintendo, dream cast, why because they showed love to there users and so did there company. Dream cast was so advanced, and all because of a greedy company named Sony did they fall. Look into the background of Sony and you'll find they care more about your dollars than your entertainment. This is why I will never conceder ps3 advanced, than xbox
1, doesn't even come close to what a xbox can do.
2, The games look and play better, on a xbox.
3, All there best game developers are jumping ship.
4, play station does not care about gamers
and my last reason is its a poor investment. Like i said before for every 1 game they come out with there are 2 new better ones on xbox, and a lot more that offer replay value on Live.(unless you wanna play so-com forever)

CrazyCougar
04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
However if you choose to call yourself a xbox Addict then, your devotion should be on one system, not band wagon jump. your side has been chosen. You should back one thing not another.

So why can someone not have a love for video games strictly regardless of the system? I think the argument that someone should stick with one system and thats it is completely ludricrous and complete tunnel-vision. Being a member of XboxAddict does not make you committed to one system. Heck if thats the case, then folks better turn in their Wii's. And Kamshaft better stop playing Wow every night on the PC. See my argument. For some folks it IS PS vs Xbox, but for those that love video games in general, its not about that at all.

C'mon your telling me that because xbox had 1 year ahead of Play station thats why the play station seems horrible and over time they will be better. hmmm..

I for one have stated several times that the games do lok better on the 360 and if I have a choice I would purchase them on the 360 first especially because Xbox Live has proven itself. And my argument that the PS3 will outsell the 360 is not a PS fanboy statement in anyway, even though FromHell's narrowmind would think so, its more a statment on the fact that the 360 has already installed a userbase in homes that will not grow as fast now. They have sold millions and millions of units to this day, and the PS3 has only really caught on as of late so of course its going to seel since most folks already have a 360. A lot of folks own more than one gaming system brand in their homes despite what some folks want to think.

I herd this very discussion over ps2 when it came out and INTERNET gaming was a joke, games that matter took there time. All I remember hearing is, wait till ps3 It's gonna be a new revolution,took ps3 how long to come out, only to have launch consuls, crap out in less then a few weeks. and on top of everything they over price the hell out of it all because of blue-ray..
To me, it just sends a message, of greed.

BluRay unfortuantely is the future due to brainwashing if you will, but its now a "fact" embedded in people's mind that BluRay is better than anything you have ever seen or heard. This of course will sell PS3 units as its the cheapest BluRay player on the market.

only because they make cheaper hardware at higher prices, they have games of poor quality, and on top of that there INTERNET is a joke. I give a lot of respect to Nintendo, dream cast, why because they showed love to there users and so did there company. Dream cast was so advanced, and all because of a greedy company named Sony did they fall. Look into the background of Sony and you'll find they care more about your dollars than your entertainment. This is why I will never conceder ps3 advanced, than xbox

Do you really think MS cares about more than money? Come on! LOL They only revamped the warranty because of the heat they were taking. They HAD to do something. It wasnt out of love for the consumers thats for sure. And this has always been MS's stance on all their products, not just Xbox.

1, doesn't even come close to what a xbox can do.
2, The games look and play better, on a xbox.
3, All there best game developers are jumping ship.
4, play station does not care about gamers

With the exception of statement #4 I agree with all. I do agree with #4, but I also have to interject, neither does Microsoft.

and my last reason is its a poor investment. Like i said before for every 1 game they come out with there are 2 new better ones on xbox, and a lot more that offer replay value on Live.(unless you wanna play so-com forever)

If I was only allowed to have one system in my house, it would be an Xbox 360. But the PS3 maybe a poor investment to you, but to someone that loves Gran Tursimo or Metal Gear Solid or movies, the PS3 would be a great investment for them. I've always stated that Xbox LIve is a much higher quality than PSN. I have also always stated games look better on the 360. But there is one person in here that refuses to hear those things if I say one good thing about the PS3. Not everything is bad about the PS3 despite what fanboys of the 360 want to say. Both systems have their good points and bad points, yes the pS3 probably has more bad than good, but none the less the 360 has a few bad of its own.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 10:28 PM
With the exception of statement #4 I agree with all. I do agree with #4, but I also have to interject, neither does Microsoft.

See now I know what your getting at. However I think xbox have shown that they care about consumers buying there products and
gamers, staying loyal.
I mean they keep updating live, they give free stuff on marketplace, and trust me even though there, support system is somewhat of a joke. They do try to make it up to gamers. Yes Microsoft is as money hungry as the next company, but they keep making efforts to be a leading system to keep the games new and fresh as well as try to get as much as the past favorite games to cross over as possible. Now I'm not saying that xbox loves there gamers in the hearts and hugs way.

but its about supply and demand. In that aspect, they care, by there online,gaming, even the support system. They continue to be none disappointing. And i didn't mean xbox addict in the sense of a member i meant it as a owner.

and like i said, i just see it this way, you like a game. Regardless of wherever it is, you should own it and the system. Your Opinion toward yourself and your gaming habit's are all that matter.

CrazyCougar
04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I'll agree with that. I dont know if I would use the word Love so much in the context, but more so MS "cares" about staying at the forefront and keeping loyal customers. Definitely.

But I am glad to see they have shown yousome love in your most recent frustrating break down. At least they try to heal the wound a little although mutliple returns tend to make those wounds pretty darn deep..LOL!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'll agree with that. I dont know if I would use the word Love so much in the context, but more so MS "cares" about staying at the forefront and keeping loyal customers. Definitely.

But I am glad to see they have shown yousome love in your most recent frustrating break down. At least they try to heal the wound a little although mutliple returns tend to make those wounds pretty darn deep..LOL!

Trust me they're deep...lol
to tell you the truth, the four free games helped.;)
and yeah love, is too much. care is correct.
And for the love of god cant we all just get along!! lol games are games.
i really do wish god of war came on the 360 the same with WOW..

CrazyCougar
04-06-2008, 10:50 PM
If WoW came to the 360...I'd be divorced in a month...LOL! Not by choice either..LOL!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
If WoW came to the 360...I'd be divorced in a month...LOL! Not by choice either..LOL!

you and me both.lol

Fargoth
04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcP71A-Wk :)

Watch the entire thing it has Ps3 vs 360 stuff.

FromHell440
04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Brooklyn,

Send me a request on XBL we can continue to chat via that medium. I just "pwned" Cougar in a private message he sent me(I guess he expected me to bend to the morons and fanboys I debunk here?).

So, it will not be long before he does what all weaklings do. Get at me on XBL. :hardcore:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Brooklyn,

Send me a request on XBL we can continue to chat via that medium. I just "pwned" Cougar in a private message he sent me(I guess he expected me to bend to the morons and fanboys I debunk here?).

So, it will not be long before he does what all weaklings do. Get at me on XBL. :hardcore:

will do bud.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcP71A-Wk :)

Watch the entire thing it has Ps3 vs 360 stuff.

lol pretty funny.

CrazyCougar
04-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Brooklyn,

You just "pwned" me? Please grow up.
So you are calling me a weakling now? LOL. You just dont know when to quit do you?

Have I ever asked you once to support the PS3, or anyone else on this site for that matter? Nope I didnt think so.

You post 360 vs PS3 threads all the time in order to create debates, which is fine but dont run off crying fanboy the minute folks show you a differeing opinion on things. Oh wait, you seldom read those opinions because you seem to be afraid of a JFK proportional conspiracy here at XboxAddict that we are all secretly PS3 fanboys. Wasnt that the sentiment you stated in your PM you sent me? YOu obviously have never once read one of my opinions or anyone else's for that matter if it didnt compare to basically getting on our knees and worshipping the 360.

Fanboys are pathetic no matter what system they support and you sir are no better than PS3 fanboys.

FromHell440
04-07-2008, 06:56 AM
My latest Private Message "response" to this tool:

Look, stop sending me all of these long ass retarded storybook messages and just do it already. Noone cares about your opinion of me other than the retards who follow your every word for fear of being "booted" from a mere "website." How many Xbox sites are there online again? You're just one out of the "many."

I don't share their fear. Personally, I don't give a **** who you think you are. If you're going to do something you don't talk about it, you do it.

A coward to the end is what we have here. As a matter of fact I'll remove myself. I seem to have more balls than the undercover fanboys here anyway.

*Looks for a way to delete his account* Damn!

Hey Cougar, make yourself useful and delete this account already.

CrazyCougar
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Class act. :whistle:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Guys in the end of the day it's just a system and it's just a game, don't let it get to you. Now just relax, you both make good points. No need for the insults and the threats. Unless you guys ar vp's of xbox or sony, lol then let it go. Opinions are like A-holes everyone has one and they all stink.

SamSmith
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Kamshaft plays wow? :O

SamSmith
04-09-2008, 02:37 PM
This has been a long time coming. From Hell, having been given too many chances already - and after clashes with particular members in the past, and quite literally asking to have your account deleted, I'll be giving you a well deserved ban.
Congratulations.

Rudeness and aggression towards any of our staff, and any member will not be tolerated.

JakofallAces
04-09-2008, 03:04 PM
This has been a long time coming. From Hell, having been given too many chances already - and after clashes with particular members in the past, and quite literally asking to have your account deleted, I'll be giving you a well deserved ban.
Congratulations.

Rudeness and aggression towards any of our staff, and any member will not be tolerated.

kk yall also i gotta go dust off my ps3 cya in 3 hours:p

mattgame
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I hope he wasn't banned because of disagreeing with particular members. He just needs to lighten up a little. I said it before, I am a gamer. So if a game is good I want it no matter what system it's on. I currently own a xbox, 3 360's, a PS3, aWii, a Gamecube, and a Nintendo 64. As soon as I get my hands on some money I wll turn to PC gaming, (I need a video card). My kids all have DS Lites. My fav system of course is the Xbox 360. Oh yeah, one of my 360's is an Elite. I love XboxLive, it is a phenomenon in it's own right. Millions of people play on Live daily! And with the exception of a little lag here and there, and I mean few and far in between, the service is stellar. The games that have been given to us because of the Xbox being created have been historic. So I am a fan of the 360, it is my fav system but I am also a person who can appreciate other systems and games too. So I will continue to have and use all of my systems, but the 360 will always get more burn in m house.:cheers:

CrazyCougar
04-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I can assure you he was not banned for his views towards the PS3. Takes a lot more than difference of opinion for anyone to get banned. We'll leave it at that.

mattgame
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I can assure you he was not banned for his views towards the PS3. Takes a lot more than difference of opinion for anyone to get banned. We'll leave it at that.

I was saying that if he was banned it would have been for being rude and what not to any member not a particular member.It's all good though.

Snowblind
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I haven't even heard of half those PS3 games he listed and they're supposed to be the "big guns"?

Yeah, ok, and all those people on Youtube saying the PS3 version of GTA IV will get the 360's exclusive content are right, too.

Ohhh, oh! And Lair was such a great game, too!!!!:rolleyes: