PDA

View Full Version : Viking: Battle of Asgard PROs & CONs

Mikewarrior
04-05-2008, 10:08 AM
These were the things I found that are pretty much true.

+ Map System
+ Save system
+ Warp system
+ Lengthy campaign
+ Good Draw-Distance
+ Satisfying combat system
+ Great narrating voice acting
+ Loading is never long or frequent
+ Bloody decapitating/dismembering finishing moves
+ Learn more Moves as you get further into the game
+ Beautiful, open-world environment with tons of atmosphere
+ Loads of characters on screen, and not just during the big battles
+ Game is like a Viking version of Crackdown with more diversity in each mission
+ The problem of strong attack being the same button as the finisher is a complete non-issue

- Weak story
- No Sprint button
- Shadow Flickering
- Same character looks used over & over again
- Could stand to have a few more finishing moves
- Slowdown during big battles with 100’s of people on screen
- Game is like a Viking version of Crackdown with more diversity in each mission

Now for the misinformed PROs & CONS

+ Weapon/Armor Upgrades = Very limited... It's more like upgrade the same 3 things (FIRE/ICE/Electricity) for the same sword & make your health bar longer... Armor, what Armor?

+ Surprisingly well done stealth system - Also limited to the same attack X button & just sneeking up behind them so you won't be seen... But it does work well.

+ Side Missions - Nothing really feels like side missions, just part of the game world, yet you can decide to not do some things like find captured Vikings.

- Not always knowing where to go next - It doesn't always matter, you can basically go anywhere on the map just as long as you can get there... But it doesn’t necessarily mean you will win over that area from the bad guys.

- Open to easy hits during a finishing move - I have yet to see this... Most of the time they stand there & wait or miss me altogether.

- You can waste a lot of time doing stealth missions the wrong way - I did a stealth mission the wrong way (Got spotted) & I fought my way to the area I need to get to, & prevailed.

Oh, I listed - Game is like a Viking version of Crackdown with more diversity in each mission as a PRO & CON - It just depends if that's your thing, but I am glad the missions feel different.

Now, any of you have Viking or want to get it after seeing the PROs & CONs?

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-05-2008, 10:24 AM
overall is it, worth the 60 bucks to you.

Mikewarrior
04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
overall is it, worth the 60 bucks to you.

It's worth the $34.99 I paid at Gamecrazy.

Steeps5
04-06-2008, 09:46 PM
$35 when it just comes out??

Mikewarrior
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
$35 when it just comes out??

Yes, it was on Sale at Gamecrazy along with Condemned 2