PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm new

LiL Munz E
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm obviously new here.

Anyway, I'd like to get a collection started ,but I have one issue. I don't have a ton of money to spare.

Do any of you have any tips on how to get decent plates at a decent price?

SpaceGhost2K
04-27-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm obviously new here.

Anyway, I'd like to get a collection started ,but I have one issue. I don't have a ton of money to spare.

Do any of you have any tips on how to get decent plates at a decent price?

The easiest way it so just bid your max on a plate, and wait. If you lose it, do it again on another plate. Eventually, you'll win it and have a plate for less than the max you want to spend. Now obviously that's going to take a while, and there are a few plates that will always sell over your max (unless your max is like $500 or something).

I was going to make a list of plates you could get off eBay for less than $20, but it was huge. I looked in all regions, priced under $20, for completed auctions, that had 360 faceplate in the title and excluded the words "skin" and "guitar" and it was over two thousand. Sort highest price plus shipping first, and then go in about five pages until your total is under $20. Anything you see on the list after that SOLD to someone for less than $20 shipped, OR is DIDN'T sell, which means it's even cheaper than what it was listed for. There's easily over a hundred different kinds of plates you could get that cheap. Then you just have to decide what you want first.

gameking28
04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
I'd start small. Depending on what kind of collection you want, you can go down to GameStop or Wal-Mart or Target and pick up any old retail faceplate for pretty cheap. If you're looking to get right into collecting the more rare plates eBay is the way to go. Start with pre-order only plates - something like Universe at War. It's a pretty cool faceplate that you could only get by pre-ordering the game (or by having friends at GameStop). Since it just came out there are a ton on eBay and they go for pretty cheap. All of a sudden you have a faceplate that would be considered less common than any old retail one. :D

gh0st_r1der
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM
I can give you a jump start,
Lost Planet + SplinterCell faceplates = $80 - shipping is included in the cost
let me know if you are interested

SpaceGhost2K
04-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I can give you a jump start,
Lost Planet + SplinterCell faceplates = $80 - shipping is included in the cost
let me know if you are interested

That's a good deal, too, because they're both what I'd call "moderately rare". You'd be adding something besides just commons to your collection, without spending a ton of money. And they are cool plates.

Nato King
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the site.

Ghost is offering a great deal. If you like those faceplates I would take him up on the offer.

Enjoy the site. Have any question's please just ask away.