PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV

SpaceGhost2K
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/SpaceGhost2Ks%20Collection/GTAIVRetailpackaged.jpghttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/SpaceGhost2Ks%20Collection/GTAIVRetailloose.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/SpaceGhost2Ks%20Collection/GTAIVcustomandretail.jpg

GTA IV launches at Midnight at most game stores around the country. The game is getting reviews from 9.5 to 10 at all of the major gaming websites. Being multiplatform means this game has a good chance of outselling the seemingly unbeatable Halo 3 for launch day sales.

To the best of my knowledge, this plate is exclusive to Game Crazy stores. www.gamecrazy.com has all the info, but here it is in a nutshell:

Ten Game Crazy stores in major cities across the nation will give these plates away for free when you pick up your game at midnight. The rest of the stores were given a small number of plates to give away as prizes (I assume at the manager's discretion). Some stores are likely to treat them as "first come, first served" and simply give them away until they're gone.

There were 777 Game Crazy stores when I worked there three years ago. Money has been tight with the company and I don't think they've opened many stores since it was purchased by Movie Gallery. Still, if you figure a half-dozen or so plates per store, plus a larger number at the major midnight stores, there will probably be around 5,000 of these available.

They have already had some auctions close, anywhere from $60 (w/ shipping) to $130 (w/ shipping). As I type this, there is one closing in 40 minutes that is currently at $112.50, and there are others available for BIN for around $100.00 (w/ shipping).

It doesn't show up in my photo, but the pixelation is pretty bad on the lettering, like they used a low-res jpeg file for the artwork. It's not horrible, but for a game that's getting tens, they should have stepped it up a notch, IMHO. It's nowhere in the same league as the Bioshock plate.

This is certainly one of those times I wish I had a handful of these. Having only the one, I'm not parting with it. I still don't have a Full Auto because I used all six of the ones I had for customs.

Anyway, I begged and pleaded for this one. I brought my Zen and showed off my customs to everyone in the store, and they said "aw, screw it" and just went and got one for me from the back.

I would recommend if you have the time AND YOU CAN DO IT NOW.... take some pics of your collection, run to a Game Crazy, and beg the store manager for a plate to add to your collection. Simply asking for one is probably not going to get you one, and waiting until midnight to take your chances with everyone else will probably ALSO leave you empty handed.

If you DO get one, post in here so we can be happy for you.

AND.... if you happen to luck out and snag more than one, consider being nice and helping out a fellow collector rather than turning a few bucks for it off eBay.

(PS one of the major midnight openings is in Compton. Like I'd be caught anywhere NEAR Compton at midnight. Yeah, right.)

Nato King
04-28-2008, 08:24 PM
thanks for the heads up space. I for one am not inrested in this faceplate but if some did give it away to me I would take iti am not no fool. hahaha

tinytoonsbuster
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
i just dropped $70 for one on ebay. i called 3 closest gamecrazy's and almost got a manager to give one... i should've just went in person, but oh well. i like the faceplate and don't mind the $70, unless tons start showing up for cheaper!!!

moltenluv
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Dang it! Looks like I should have waited on this one too. Oh well, its Dark Sector all over again. When I was browsing eBay the other day there were only a few listed. Hahahah at least I have the proud honor of winning the first one listed well maybe it wasn't the first one listed but it was the first auction to end. Shoot I should have waited I could have gotten it as a buy-it now for $50! :rofl:

mhawk134
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
There are alot ending on ebay today, so I would expect the price to drop a bit by the end of the week.

Hawk

SpaceGhost2K
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
There are alot ending on ebay today, so I would expect the price to drop a bit by the end of the week.

Hawk

I agree. I think a lot of people who got them last night at midnight haven't had a chance to list theirs yet. Tonight, they'll see the $100 price some of these went for and there will be 500 of them listed.

gameking28
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I wish I had seen this last night. I spent almost 2 hours hanging out at a Game Crazy accross the street from the GameStop where I actually got my copy last night (a friend of mine works at the Hollywood Video part of the store).
I could've easily bagged one. ****.

mhawk134
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280222414115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Ended for less then $50 I'm going to try to get one for around $30 tonight or tomorrow.

Hawk

wicked_d365
04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I just saw a bunch at buy it now ranging from 75-120. I stumbled upon a buy it now for 45, 51 shiped, so I picked it up, if I see anymore I'll post em.

Nato King
04-30-2008, 08:33 AM
lets help members to get this faceplate less than 60 or so for those that want it because that's what this faceplate forum is all about helping other get faceplates for there collection.

wicked_d365
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330232516101&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

check it out, buy it now $50 no shipping

nevermind, someone bid, but it's only at 20 right now.

mhawk134
05-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Well I got one for $30 even alot better then some have done, but man i spent alot more money this week on junk that i don't really need then what I do, bought a slot machine, that I didn't need but i had to have cause it has elvis on it, but at least I got a good price on this plate.

Hawk

UNV Superkid
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
i paid $42 Shipped

Slowride
05-04-2008, 10:41 PM
If I buy a faceplate can I start hanging out with you guys?

UNV Superkid
05-04-2008, 10:53 PM

if you own a 360 then you should already own a face plate, and that makes you a collector, you may not be addicted yet, but sure you can hang with us

KatamariKutie
05-05-2008, 02:08 AM

You can hang out with us anytime. I've read some of your posts in the big bad "off topic" area I personally think you are quite funny. I'm not going to post outside of here though. *in a whisper* some of the members scare me.

SpaceGhost2K
05-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Mot my member though.

HEY OHH!

JakofallAces
05-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Mot my member though.

HEY OHH!

what we are not YOUR property we are all extasy's property because he will fun k with our minds and junk if we dont obey

Slowride
05-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I almost pulled the trigger on this thing last night for $40 shipped, but opted not too at the last second. Felt too much like a late night impulse buy.

UNV Superkid
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on this thing last night for $40 shipped, but opted not too at the last second. Felt too much like a late night impulse buy.

those are the best ones, cuase after you buy your like why did i do that, and the whole time you are waiting for it to arrive you are like man i should never have spent that money why did i do that, and then when it arrives and you open the package you are like, " I am a pretty smart person, cause this is one awesome freakin plate, and I probly should have paid more than what i got it for...SWEET!!"

gameking28
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
what we are not YOUR property we are all extasy's property because he will fun k with our minds and junk if we dont obey

Oh man... I see this becoming the next "localized high blood pressure" - The joke went way over your head Jak. ;)

JakofallAces
05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh man... I see this becoming the next "localized high blood pressure" - The joke went way over your head Jak. ;)

hey u can start that again if spacey agrees it was hella funny anyways ya it was a stupid remark but then dont we all have the need to laugh every once in a while at me or everyday (for every one of you):rofl:

KatamariKutie
05-05-2008, 08:22 PM

Old peoples diseases. Heh. <3's to Jak

gameking28
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Actually I was talking about this quote going way over your head:

Mot my member though.

HEY OHH!

And then saying that it will be the next big running joke for us. :cheers:

Slowride
05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
It cost me $40 to have 4 pairs of pants tailored and dry cleaned. So in my head that cost cancels out since I didn't pull the trigger on this faceplate. Looks pretty sweet though.

laughs
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
The one with the girl... The power button is located on her nipple. I guess it's bad for your system if you keep turning it on and off right?

Slowride
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know, but you should probably refrain from slobbering all over it.

SpaceGhost2K
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Hmm. I hadn't noticed that.

laughs
05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Hmm. I hadn't noticed that.

You're obviously not perverted enough.

UNV Superkid
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
You're obviously not perverted enough.

lol:rofl: thats funny

wicked_d365
05-09-2008, 07:56 AM
i didn't notice it either till you guys pointed it out, thats good stuff.:rofl:

Enamelized420
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
lmao that is a good point I guess all dirty old men didn't notice and see that...

SpaceGhost2K
05-09-2008, 02:15 PM
That plate from Artist Pavel ruined me on sexy plates. This plate is about as sexy as Wilma Flintstone, compared to Pavel's.