PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 Reviews?

Kamshaft
05-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Anyone taking a stab at a GTA 4 review on XBA?

DozertheDozaria
05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I will... but I want to experience a little more of it first. The game is absolutely huge. I don't want to write a review without at least a decent amount of play through. Just wouldn't be ethical. ;)

Anyway, I will say this, as I did in my first impressions post: BUY THE GAME. It's worth it.

Ciao,
Dozer

Not Yellow
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Im working on one too!

WillyV2
05-01-2008, 12:43 PM
After playing some more of the online and such I finished up a review myself.

Kamshaft
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
After playing some more of the online and such I finished up a review myself.

Cool, I posted it on the main page!

WillyV2
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Cool, I posted it on the main page!

Thanks! My first review, but I plan to do more anyways. :cheers:

CrackinBacks
05-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Here's my very early review.....it SUCKS....lol. Said from an angry person who is unable to play the game due to it constantly freezing:bang: !!

I got mine the minute it was out Tues morn midnight, got home played for 10 mins, game froze. Restarted Xbox and GTA (luckily the game had just saved) so I started from where it froze, and played another 5+ mins, and, not only did the game freeze, my screen went black. So I gave it the old college try, and it happened a 3rd time. Returned copy to Gamestop tuesday afternoon, got home with new copy in hand, changed 360 resolution to 720p, cleared my HDD cache and got to play about 20 mins before it froze again. WOW....what a pile of crap. I have played 3 other games since and have had ZERO problems with it. I guess it's either a heavy burden on the GPU, HDD cache and it's causing overheating. Called Rockstar (which they are anything but stars right now) and they told me they are aware of the issues, and they're dev team is working on the situation. Could not give any estimate on time, but they were working around the clock on it.

After looking at my disc there is a perfect ring around the DVD close to the inside by where the hole is. I've been reading the GTA forums, and apparantly there are quite a few people having these issues also with this ring on their DVDs. I'm sure there is some correlation between the two. Mabey there was a bad batch of discs that got out to consumers.

I should have known something would be wrong when I tore the plastic off the box, and read, "MADE IN MEXICO" on the plastic wrapping........:yikes:

DozertheDozaria
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Here's my very early review.....it SUCKS....lol. Said from an angry person who is unable to play the game due to it constantly freezing:bang: !!

Sorry to hear that, man. I know it sucks when something you're spoilin' for doesn't work the way you expect it to. Good luck on finding a resolution to this. By the way, what model XBox do you have? Is it a new one with the HDMI port or an older one? Just curious if one of the various older models has caused these issues...

Again, man, good luck...

Ciao,
Dozer

Bengal Chris
05-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Just picked the game up, havent playe dit yet, trying to finish Assassins Creed, but this thread lets me know Ive got something good to look forward to.

WynnFire
05-05-2008, 01:38 AM
From what I keep hearing, the freezing is due to the game searching for online games every ten minutes. If you unplug your ethernet cable, in theory, it will work. Of course, that does mean that no online play for you. I will soon find out, it should be in the mail. I am renting it from an online company I have been using for years and for some reason it is available.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
From what I keep hearing, the freezing is due to the game searching for online games every ten minutes. If you unplug your ethernet cable, in theory, it will work. Of course, that does mean that no online play for you. I will soon find out, it should be in the mail. I am renting it from an online company I have been using for years and for some reason it is available.

or u can just sign out.. :cheers:
I gotta tell you im not pleased that i cant play the initial story line with a friend.. Thats pretty bogus.. good game though just dont like that part, saints row i think will be better.

Steeps5
05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
This actually never happened to me, I've been playing for quite a while, my 360 has said the disc was unreadable twice though. It has never frozen on me.

I think I might write a review for this game.