PDA

View Full Version : I'm having lunch with Itagaki-san.

SpaceGhost2K
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Shane Kim and Cliffy B are here. I haven't seen Dennis Dyack or Peter Molyneux yet, but they're here too.

moltenluv
05-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Shane Kim and Cliffy B are here. I haven't seen Dennis Dyack or Peter Molyneux yet, but they're here too.

You are mean. Rub it in a little more why don't you. You lucky jerk!!!! Cliffy B is soooooo dreamy ;)

SpaceGhost2K
05-13-2008, 06:50 PM
You are mean. Rub it in a little more why don't you. You lucky jerk!!!! Cliffy B is soooooo dreamy ;)

I see him in ten minutes. I'll tell him you said so. :)

JakofallAces
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
sweet man have fun and get his sig for me and then maybe 2000 more for ebay you know what make it 3000 all to ebay thanks:cool:

SpaceGhost2K
05-13-2008, 09:06 PM
*WHEW*

OK, I get to take a breather. Presentations are over. Party is on. Where's the food?

Here's an update:

Got my DOA4:Kasumi plate and my 1/2 finished Ninja Gaiden plate signed by Itagaki-san. :) Got a business card to send some to the studio for the devs to sign.

Got my ONE custom Banjo-Kazooie plate signed by five members of the dev team. Ditto the above.

Got my ONE Microsoft Viva Pinata plate signed by two of the team members. Ditto the above.

Got four Fable 2 plates signed by Peter Molyneux. Ditto the above. Did give one of them to Chris, the guy from Rare who has the Kameo plates.

Got four Gears of War plates signed by CliffyB. One is my E3 Emergence Day plate. Two are Gears of War 2 plates. One is a retail Gears of War plate - signed "Rachael XOXOXO - Cliffy B." :D

Gave info to Dennis Dyack's assistant who will contact me with a mailing address for sending plates to them to sign. :)

And.... CliffyB ordered two custom plates from me, and gave me his card. :D

I love today. :cheers:

Pics later, when I get back to the hotel about ten PM.

JakofallAces
05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
*WHEW*

OK, I get to take a breather. Presentations are over. Party is on. Where's the food?

Here's an update:

Got my DOA4:Kasumi plate and my 1/2 finished Ninja Gaiden plate signed by Itagaki-san. :) Got a business card to send some to the studio for the devs to sign.

Got my ONE custom Banjo-Kazooie plate signed by five members of the dev team. Ditto the above.

Got my ONE Microsoft Viva Pinata plate signed by two of the team members. Ditto the above.

Got four Fable 2 plates signed by Peter Molyneux. Ditto the above. Did give one of them to Chris, the guy from Rare who has the Kameo plates.

Got four Gears of War plates signed by CliffyB. One is my E3 Emergence Day plate. Two are Gears of War 2 plates. One is a retail Gears of War plate - signed "Rachael XOXOXO - Cliffy B." :D

Gave info to Dennis Dyack's assistant who will contact me with a mailing address for sending plates to them to sign. :)

I love today. :cheers:

moltenluv WILL FREAK WHEN SHE READS THAT good on ya mate cj will kill you though wheres her plate

KatamariKutie
05-13-2008, 11:53 PM
moltenluv WILL FREAK WHEN SHE READS THAT good on ya mate cj will kill you though wheres her plate

I would never kill him. I appreciate the love for faceplates, but I myself am not a collector of anything really. I will have one eventually :) But all those retail plates and stuff, no big thing to me. I like The Simpsons, though, and I was really tempted to buy the one that was on here last week.

SpaceGhost2K
05-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I did go into a store that had Simpson's stuff, but there wasn't really anything cool there.

Here's some pics:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG0349.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG0345.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG0346.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG0347.jpg

ChessPieceFace
05-14-2008, 02:22 AM
How did you get these sweet hook-ups ?

gameking28
05-14-2008, 04:37 AM
I am ****ing sick with jealousy right now. Good God Spacey, you're living my dream right now. :hail:

JakofallAces
05-14-2008, 05:30 AM
How did you get these sweet hook-ups ?

he is an microsoft MVP which gets him invites to tons of xbox 360 events and then when he gets there their are awesome celebs there so he all in all is a jucky ducky

wicked_d365
05-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Damn you Spacey! I'm stuck here at work at your parting it up with all the cool people. No, looks like you had fun. Your collection just jumped in value tremendously. Sounds like you made some sweet connects to, awesome.

Enamelized420
05-14-2008, 08:09 AM
WOW that is very sweet man...gotta love the perks of being an MVP. Those will bring some nice additional Value to your collection for sure not to mention it looks like you made some good connections... Always a good thing

SpaceGhost2K
05-14-2008, 09:29 AM
You guys are going to benefit from this too. There hasn't been a collecting "community" before this, just individual collectors. So on the slim chance that someone got access to these guys, they got their own plates signed and that was it. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a number of them signed and into the community's hands. The devs are happy to do it. It's just getting two-and-two together.

UNV Superkid
05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
that is awesome Spacey i am happy for you that is some kinda awesome trip you are on oh yeah and im happy for moltenluv too lol....

moltenluv
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
*WHEW*

Here's an update:

Got my DOA4:Kasumi plate and my 1/2 finished Ninja Gaiden plate signed by Itagaki-san. Got a business card to send some to the studio for the devs to sign.

Gave info to Dennis Dyack's assistant who will contact me with a mailing address for sending plates to them to sign.

I love today.

WOW Spacey you are the best! You have no idea what a craptastic day I am having. This makes me feel a lot better :cheers: You are so lucky that you get to go to cool events and meet these people. OMG you have no idea what I would give to be able to go to just one of these events. I haven't told you this in a while but you are my hero:hail:

You didn't tell him that some crazy faceplate collecting video game obsessed girl called him dreamy did you? That wasn't supposed to be repeated. Hahahaha oh well and Jak yes I did FREAK when I read that.

ali rock 110
05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
This is why I keep coming back. I mean Space has MORE than earned his MS MVP status by his work on this site. But when he goes the extra mile and helps Molten get something super awesome....Well it just shows that Selfless generosity still exsist. Enjoy the rest of your trip Space and PM me when you get back.

KatamariKutie
05-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I am ****ing sick with jealousy right now. Good God Spacey, you're living my dream right now. :hail:

Aww its okay Gameking - you can date me too! Spacey will share. You dont' have to give up your dream. :rofl:

JakofallAces
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Aww its okay Gameking - you can date me too! Spacey will share. You dont' have to give up your dream. :rofl:

i guess its too late for me then DAMMIT:mad:

KatamariKutie
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Well you need to wait a few years..... lol though I don't think you'd want me in my old age at that point.

JakofallAces
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Well you need to wait a few years..... lol though I don't think you'd want me in my old age at that point.

well then maybe, you know what i cant think of anything witty to say i am watching south park and it is killing my brain BRITNEY SPEARS HAS NOT BRAIN WTF

JarkMan
05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
damn space i wish i could be a MS VIP but thats never gonna happen but that would be really tight if we could get the dev teams and the collection communtity together to sign plates.

JakofallAces
05-14-2008, 09:36 PM
damn space i wish i could be a MS VIP but thats never gonna happen but that would be really tight if we could get the dev teams and the collection communtity together to sign plates.

it wont happen they too busy to bother with us the only way that spacey gets so many sigs is because he meets the devs at the events that they sponsor for their games or tech ex. zero hour or summits

Not Yellow
05-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Good haul space.
Congrats Molten.

SpaceGhost2K
05-14-2008, 10:02 PM

Heh, yeah. Wait, what?

You must be taller than this line to ride the Katamari => ----------

JakofallAces
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Heh, yeah. Wait, what?

You must be taller than this line to ride the Katamari => ----------

umm no offense EDWARD but i think i am taller than u are

SpaceGhost2K
05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
umm no offense EDWARD but i think i am taller than u are

Not laying down. Humph.