PDA

View Full Version : What would be your last straw in stopping Xbox support?

Mikewarrior
05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Mine is - If they don't ever fully solve the RRoD issue I'm through buying anything new from Microsoft = No better than Sony is bad in my eyes.

I'm really interested to know what would push you over the edge?

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
05-19-2008, 09:31 PM
lol dude.. u hate microsoft, why do u even own a xbox i've had both, still dont know whats so good about ps3 the damn game cube when it came out had more games than the ps3 currently..another thing xbox has a lot of faults with there hardware, I'll say that, but the xbox advance supperiority over ps3 is so good i'll send my box out 100 times in one month before i ever own a ps3 again.. for wat,so that i can just play a ****ty looking game, running on a none usefull ps3 network, screw that go look at live...

Reclaimer
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Mine is - If they don't ever fully solve the RRoD issue I'm through buying anything new from Microsoft = No better than Sony is bad in my eyes.

You know what would push me over the edge with the 360?
Nothing.. it's just a game machine. Nothing more.

Sure I would be mad if mine broke tomorrow, but whatever man.. it's just a thing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ainokeatoo
05-19-2008, 11:55 PM

If you ever started working there.

Enamelized420
05-20-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't think there could be anything to push me to the edge...

Unreal
05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Nothing. As long as MS will keep replacing what breaks, I don't care. I will always be there as long as the games are there. Knock on wood, I have yet to have any issues with my 360's. But, like I said. As long as they will replace my stuff, I don't care.

Mikewarrior
05-20-2008, 03:42 PM
To those who disagree with me about the terrible 360 hardware... No matter what I say or Microsoft does, you will always blindly follow & support their ways - It's truly sad.

The 3 year Free warranty isn't really an answer... More like a quick patch job that won't last for those who get refurbished old 360s.

People still have to wait to utilize something they paid money for each time they send it in & their games sit there useless each time Microsoft can't solve the 2 1/2 years of known problems.

This is what I don't want - When your 360 dies of the same RRoD issues after the 3-year Free warranty is over... Will you be happy to fork over $100+ to fix something Microsoft couldn't do the first time... And how many times will you want your system to break after that warranty is over if Microsoft won't solve the problem?

Multiple $100+ Fixes, huh... Would you be happy then?

The fact is, that the 360 should have been recalled & the problem fixed before they are allowed to sell another one.:mad:

All I have to say is that both Sony/Microsoft have screwed up big this generation & it would be foolish to discredit one without the other... If you are a very forgiving gamer (I'm not anymore) get both so that you don't miss out on the good exclusives each have & will have - However, some things matter more than games... & that's quality hardware & service.

Reclaimer
05-20-2008, 04:27 PM
To those who disagree with me about the terrible 360 hardware... No matter what I say or Microsoft does, you will always blindly follow & support their ways - It's truly sad.

The 3 year Free warranty isn't really an answer... More like a quick patch job that won't last for those who get refurbished old 360s.

People still have to wait to utilize something they paid money for each time they send it in & their games sit there useless each time Microsoft can't solve the 2 1/2 years of known problems.

This is what I don't want - When your 360 dies of the same RRoD issues after the 3-year Free warranty is over... Will you be happy to fork over $100+ to fix something Microsoft couldn't do the first time... And how many times will you want your system to break after that warranty is over if Microsoft won't solve the problem?

Multiple $100+ Fixes, huh... Would you be happy then?

The fact is, that the 360 should have been recalled & the problem fixed before they are allowed to sell another one.:mad:

All I have to say is that both Sony/Microsoft have screwed up big this generation & it would be foolish to discredit one without the other... If you are a very forgiving gamer (I'm not anymore) get both so that you don't miss out on the good exclusives each have & will have - However, some things matter more than games... & that's quality hardware & service.

You will not categorize me, period. You don't know me. You have zero right to automatically assume something about me. Understand that?

The fact that I don't care may be as valid as how much you "care" but you still have absolutely no right to say that I will just do what some corporate giant wants.

I have a 360, I've had it since near launch, it works just fine. It's only frozen 3 times now and I play it at least 3 times a week.

If it were to suddenly break down, fine. Whatever. It's nothing mission critical. I needed an excuse to upgrade to the one with the HDMI port since I bought a 50in plasma TV.

Either way, I will not always blindly do what anybody tells me. You don't know me, you have no right to categorize me and I think by now we get the point that something about the 360 makes you mad so you can stop with the product bashing.
After all, this is a fansite for the 360. You made your point, now move along.

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
LMAO You act like everyone has this problem, I have yet to have an rrod failure on any of my two 360's one is a launch date and the other I got last year which by the way still works. LIKE I SAID you act like you can solve this problem, march on down to Microsoft and show them how, it looks like they need the help. *****ing, whining, complaining, and moaning, especially bashing the xbox on an xbox site is just stupid.

Mikewarrior
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Predictable fanboy responses

Variation-XBA
05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Its funny you say that, cause the amount of **** and returns the original PS2 had (which were even higher defective rate) and such, people stuck with that in the end as well.

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2008, 04:54 PM

You talk about fanboys? You come to an xbox site bashing the xbox itself, promoting the PS3 until someone caught your ass and now you're trying to bash the 360 without seeming biased. You try to talk your way out of things, Denial is not a river that flows through egypt.

Mikewarrior
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Its funny you say that, cause the amount of **** and returns the original PS2 had (which were even higher defective rate) and such, people stuck with that in the end as well.

Wrong... The Ps2 never had a defective rate as bad as the 360... Not even close.

Mikewarrior
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
You talk about fanboys? You come to an xbox site bashing the xbox itself, promoting the PS3 until someone caught your ass and now you're trying to bash the 360 without seeming biased. You try to talk your way out of things, Denial is not a river that flows through egypt.

Please provide any prior post of mine promoting the Ps3... Your typical fanboy defense is purely pathetic & it's all about making BS assumptions about the things I've said, or my intensions.. YOUR denial flows out your ears & covers your eyes because you are so full of BS that you can't hear what I am saying, or see the issues/faults that are very real.

FANBOY!

Unreal
05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
What are you doing on this site?

Mikewarrior
05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
What are you doing on this site?

Being realistic? Why.. Is this fanboy world?

Reclaimer
05-20-2008, 08:16 PM

Predictable fanboy response? Was that for me? Just because I like my 360, and refuse to be classified by you?

mattgame
05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Being realistic? Why.. Is this fanboy world?

No and it seems as though you're getting bashed unfairly maybe or maybe not but don't let that run you away.

Now for the topic at hand, I agree with you to a certain extent. I wish Microsoft could have made a better product but that's water under the bridge now. I have an elite after my last one gave out, and I'm good.

Also, I had 4 PS2's. I had to replace my 360 twice. As soon as some dust hit that damn PS2 it was a wrap.:bang:

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Please provide any prior post of mine promoting the Ps3... Your typical fanboy defense is purely pathetic & it's all about making BS assumptions about the things I've said, or my intensions.. YOUR denial flows out your ears & covers your eyes because you are so full of BS that you can't hear what I am saying, or see the issues/faults that are very real.

FANBOY!

You're kidding me right?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84166

This is BS... I've gone to many forums & the level of Ps3 failures are very minimal compared to 360s.. Even during 360s first 6 months there were far more failures than the PS3 after almost 1 1/2 years.

How about Microsoft fixes their crap before a Xbox site starts to talk crap on someone else?

It's completely wrong... It has nothing to do with the Blu-Ray drive & for jackass “Cesar" to write "Interestedly, at the time of this writing the PlayStation.com forums are temporarily closed..." - Implying that this incorrect FUD about the Ps3 is what caused it, is the most ignorant attempt by someone at a game site ever.

The Ps3 forums are down because of maintenance... That's it.

Aha, I think I smell a hypocrite.

Slowride
05-20-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm really not happy that MS charged me a c note for a new box when mine broke like 15 months after purchase. I'm not married to microsoft......the PS2 and 3 just weren't as good in my opinion as the MS competition. If someone can rival the XBL experience and have cod 5: bloodshot then i'm down.....

CrazyCougar
05-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Meh, dont mind MikeWarrior. He is a typical stir the pot style of poster. If its not a controversial topic or one that will cause a rucus, he wont post.

Anyhow, I think its safe to say that we all recognize the faulty design/manufacturing problem. But we are also happy that MS decided to syep up and fix the problem when it happens to you. If an Xbox 360 makes it outside the 3 year warranty, then I thinks its safe to say that it had a full life and its time to get a new piece 360 to replace the old. 3 years+ is a suffice amount of time for a piece of electronics to last without maintenance. And thats the only way a 3 year red ring warranty will run out. Each time you get a refurb back, you get the 1+3 warranty renewed with the system you receive.

Slowride
05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
what? I had 4 rings. Where was my 1 + 4!?!?!?

CrazyCougar
05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately the 4 ring hardware failure is not covered under an extended warranty except for the initial 1 year warranty out of the box. Now, if you had gotten the 4 rings within that first year, or it was a refurb and again you got the rings within a year of receiving it, then you shoul dnot have had to pay out of pocket. If you did, then basically you got shafted.