PDA

View Full Version : Faceplate rant

Symmetric-XBA
05-20-2008, 06:04 AM
This isnt anything special, but I do have to say that collecting these faceplates have really opened my eyes to the types of people out there. In my collecting I've dealt w/ the majority of people I guess who think they are god's gift to faceplate collecting. I will be the first to admit that I'm not the end-all knowledge guru of faceplates, however, I do have an extensive knowledge of some; but to my dismay apparently some of the people I've dealt w/ seem like they've got themselves too far up their own @$$ to even remotly care. I've met people who have been flat out rude, borish, and down right insulting. Now I know natural evolution does exist but seriously though, what crime is it to be nice to a person? Thats why i've turned here b/c though here I've had the chance to talk to some wonderfull people. I know that ebay is designed so that people make a profit (its simple economics that can't be avoided or argued against), however, this doesn't mean that if you are selling an item and you recieve a question or two about it, that you don't have to fire off like some @$$ who conisders other's to be lower than themselves. I've noticed as well there is one word that can sum up a lot of my dealings w/ ppl and that is EGO. People have ego's (and me being an audio producer and dj know this better than most), however, that shouldn't stop someone from being humble. Its like if someone says thats a great collection, or something like that, ppl here tend to be down to earth and humble.
Try that w/ some of the ppl on ebay and you get this attitude like "who the F are you?" I know ppl should be proud of their collections (as I am of mine and my music), but there is a fine line btw pride and arrogance, and in my dealings I've seen that a lot of people don't know the difference. I've enjoyed talking to everyone I've met on here, but the lack of manners and outright courtesy and respect for another really ticks me off. I just want to grab those arrogant P.O.S. and say look, its a F'n faceplate, its not like you're holding the holy grail or anything like that.
Also, I've noticed that ppl. tend to become WAY to defensive about their items as well. I can't believe it. I know some faceplates are rare and that there were limited quantities, but ffs, you know there are more than the one you own out there, so either a) buy the rest of them out, so you controll them all, or b) acknowledge that you have one of many that are available. It all boils down to whats called "respect".
Hopefully you've read this and you feel the same, or you may have a contradicting opinion, but bottom line is that through my dealings outside of this website for faceplates, there are a lot of rude, ****y, and down right @$$e$. I wish I met a lot more ppl from here on ebay, might make my job a lot easier, and would do a lot for the forwarding of humankind lol.

cheezymonkey999
05-20-2008, 06:32 AM
I know what you mean...

Enamelized420
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
How very true man... you hit the nail on the head so to speak and I couldn't agree more. It's nice to know that there is a community like this filled w/ decent people....

UNV Superkid
05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
that is tru, i feel that i have been very lucky, i have gotten pretty decent responses from people on ebay about faceplates, but i have dealt with the jerk on ebay when trying to buy a couple other things like trading cards....Hello people its made of CardBoard not Gold

Symmetric-XBA
05-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Its amazing how people tend to go overboard on ebay. There is a seller who is selling a lot of 360 games, 10 total. This would be nice, except that his games are OLD, and some were even out @ the launch of the 360. This genius is trying to sell them for $450. I contacted the seller and informed them that they may have a better chance of selling the lot if they lowered their price b/c people who buy games will see the old titles, then the high price and go "click... next item" and the seller wouldn't get any money period. I reach out to help ppl, and instead of hearing a "wow, that makes a lot of business sense" or even just a simple "thanks". I get this lunatic's wrath saying "I didn't come to you for advice, I don't need your advice, you can't dictate what I do and sell my products for" etc... I mean what would the seller rather do, sit there and cry b/c his collection didn't sell? or lower his price for his older games and have a better chance of making some money instead of 0 money. I know that everyone, and i mean EVERYONE would rather make $1 than $0, so why would you fire off @ someone who's only doing this b/c he's only trying to help? It never ceases to amaze me how someone can take a kind gesture and turn it around into some moronic statment that show's the complete lack of intelligent thoughts? I think the person suffers from the ID 10 T error. ID10T. Now the seller has lowered the price to a whopping $350. lol oh and did I mention that one of his games is an ORIGINAL xbox capcom collections disk, not for the 360 but the original xbox, and the titles that are on the disc are already coming to the XBL arcade anyways. I wish ebay had an intelligence and morals test b4 they handed out accounts to little boys who cry when someone smarter than them tries to help them.

SpaceGhost2K
05-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I had one guy smartmouth back to me about the "halo grenades" I'm selling. His implication was that I went out and bought these laser level things for five bucks, opened them and priced them at $20 to sell on eBay. I wrote him back (and posted at the bottom of the auction) the fifteen things I have to do to one before I sell it as a "grenade."

Enamelized420
05-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I had one guy smartmouth back to me about the "halo grenades" I'm selling. His implication was that I went out and bought these laser level things for five bucks, opened them and priced them at $20 to sell on eBay. I wrote him back (and posted at the bottom of the auction) the fifteen things I have to do to one before I sell it as a "grenade."

you gotta love how some people think EVERYONE is out to make money and rip someone off, and that there can't actually be someone that has the knowledge to do something they could never dream of doing.....Amazing :yikes:

wicked_d365
05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
For real I've run into a few of these a holes on ebay myself. I asked one seller where he acired the plate from, just to make sure it was a real plate. The guy went off on me. He was all like "who the hell do you think you are?" and "don't worry about it" and stuff like that.
I had another guy sell me a bootleg DVD. He stated, Fullscreen Retail copy, NIB. I get it in the mail, It's in a slim jewel case, widescreen, and it's a burn w a sticker for the front. When I contact the seller, he claims thats how Disney sold them, didn't want to give me a refund after I had sent the item back.
All-in-all, you just have to watch who your buying from. Check their feedback and ratings, along with other items for sale. If you see someone selling 5 E305 plates, something is prob up.

falldowndrunk
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah,I get what everyone here is saying %100.I collect a LOT of video game stuff,and deal with a-holes all the time.Try looking up NES games on ebay,you'll see people selling 10 Yard Fight or Mario/Duck Hunt for $10+.These are the two most common/inexpensive games for the NES,lucky if you could get a quarter for em,but sellers will post,"It's 20 years old!It's SUPER RARE!!!"
Oh well,anyone who wants to buy them,let em."A fool soon parts with his money."

JakofallAces
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Me Decent Wtf

Symmetric-XBA
05-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow, here's a perfect example of what I'm talkin about. PreludeVtech01 on ebay was selling a superman twin pack for $200 when the cost in the stores is only $20, now these lost planet faceplates that go for about $40 or so he's got posted for $100 plus $$$ for shipping. I can't believe that some people are so unethical and a general P.O.S. that they would overcharge such OUTRAGEOUS prices for plates that can be picked up for a small fraction of this.

Variation-XBA
05-31-2008, 11:27 PM
You seem surprised about people when it comes to ebay or money. It isn't just faceplates, it's any collection out there. People like this always exist and always will unfortunetly.

tinytoonsbuster
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
my opinion. shut up and don't buy their stuff. if someone does buy it, then why not get more money for it. who cares.

Symmetric-XBA
06-01-2008, 12:40 AM
my opinion. shut up and don't buy their stuff. if someone does buy it, then why not get more money for it. who cares.

jesus man i wasn't making any sort of personal attack against you. calm down.

Variation-XBA
06-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I wonder who falls into what category

SpaceGhost2K
06-01-2008, 02:20 PM
The value of an item isn't what someone else is selling it for. It's either what you'd pay for one, or what you'd accept for one.

Naruto plates are selling for $80. Their value to me is $40 because I wouldn't pay more than that for one, BUT, if I HAD one, I wouldn't sell it for less than $120.

There aren't any Superman plates around here anymore. I expect that if I was going to buy a set, they'd cost at least $50. Maybe he has a set and he'll only part with them for $200. Good for him. He's going to have them for a long time. And if someone DOES come up with $200 to buy them from him, then it's their own fault for not checking around to find out they're cheaper elsewhere.

I spent $300 on the IdolM@ster Girls plate. Now I could get one for $125. I dont' care. It's worth $300 to me because I've wanted it for so long. And I wouldn't sell it for $600.

tomdeafgermany
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
The value of an item isn't what someone else is selling it for. It's either what you'd pay for one, or what you'd accept for one.

Naruto plates are selling for $80. Their value to me is $40 because I wouldn't pay more than that for one, BUT, if I HAD one, I wouldn't sell it for less than $120.

There aren't any Superman plates around here anymore. I expect that if I was going to buy a set, they'd cost at least $50. Maybe he has a set and he'll only part with them for $200. Good for him. He's going to have them for a long time. And if someone DOES come up with $200 to buy them from him, then it's their own fault for not checking around to find out they're cheaper elsewhere.

I spent $300 on the IdolM@ster Girls plate. Now I could get one for $125. I dont' care. It's worth $300 to me because I've wanted it for so long. And I wouldn't sell it for $600.

hello!
i have there my faceplate of THE IDOLMASTER GIRL AND WAS WON CHEAP $76.00 (better offer) right ebay.com (usa). i have very smile !!!!!:rofl:

SpaceGhost2K
06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
hello!
i have there my faceplate of THE IDOLMASTER GIRL AND WAS WON CHEAP $76.00 (better offer) right ebay.com (usa). i have very smile !!!!!:rofl:

No kidding. I would be too.

JakofallAces
06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
jesus man i wasn't making any sort of personal attack against you. calm down.

hey its a forum get used to attacks like this believe me i do it alot anyways if u are interested in plates pm me i have been getting f***ed on trying to sell them if you have any money we could make a deal to make you get a incredible start into collecting.

Symmetric-XBA
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
lol thanks for the "heads up." lol I was just speaking in general terms. I've sent you a pm. I'm gonna step away for a few though as my new Ninja Gaiden 2 shirt just arrived, but (in arnold voice) "I'll be back."

SpaceGhost2K
06-01-2008, 04:47 PM
lol thanks for the "heads up." lol I was just speaking in general terms. I've sent you a pm. I'm gonna step away for a few though as my new Ninja Gaiden 2 shirt just arrived, but (in arnold voice) "I'll be back."

Pics of shirt?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/NinjaGaiden.jpg

Yeah, tha's right. I got it.

JakofallAces
06-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Pics of shirt?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/NinjaGaiden.jpg

I HATE YOU MS MVP NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symmetric-XBA
06-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Pics of shirt?

LOL so.... ummmmm..... yeah about sending me that faceplate you have there.. LMAO hahaha I'll send ya some pics space.

hellonearth159
06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Spacey,
Any chance that plate (without the signatures) will be available to the public at launch?
Are you aware of any stores that will be distributing the plates as part of a pre-order offer?

SpaceGhost2K
06-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Spacey,
Any chance that plate (without the signatures) will be available to the public at launch?
Are you aware of any stores that will be distributing the plates as part of a pre-order offer?

Negatory, good buddy. That there plate was made by me expecially for Itagaki-san to put his chicken scratch on. There are some skins already available in stores, but that's all they intend to do. They're not making actual plates unless they're doing it for some obscure country.

I have more stickers and will be attempting to make some more of these plates, but the pieces are so thin it's hard to get stickers to cut properly. I literally had to cut a total of 40 stickers to get enough to make this one plate. I have bits and pieces all over the place.

Symmetric-XBA
06-01-2008, 06:20 PM
check your pm's space lol.

hellonearth159
06-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Negatory, good buddy. That there plate was made by me expecially for Itagaki-san to put his chicken scratch on. There are some skins already available in stores, but that's all they intend to do. They're not making actual plates unless they're doing it for some obscure country.

I have more stickers and will be attempting to make some more of these plates, but the pieces are so thin it's hard to get stickers to cut properly. I literally had to cut a total of 40 stickers to get enough to make this one plate. I have bits and pieces all over the place.

I think all that effort definitely paid off. The plates look like they were screen printed or corporately made.

JakofallAces
06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I think all that effort definitely paid off. The plates look like they were screen printed or corporately made.

YA THEY PIMP no seriously nice work ed you really have a nack for this you should make a career of it perhaps....

tacohead
06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, beautiful work once again. Great job Spacey!

gameking28
06-01-2008, 10:12 PM
That faceplate just haunts my dreams. Spacey, if they ever ask you for recommendations for future MVPs... :rofl:

Symmetric-XBA
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Consider yourself very very very very lucky space, Itagaki has left Team Ninja today.

Symmetric-XBA
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Pics of shirt?

Statement

I, Tomonobu Itagaki, hereby announce that on the 14th of May 2008 I filed a complaint in the Tokyo District Court against Tecmo Co., Ltd. for unpaid completion bonuses, and against the President of Tecmo, Yoshimi Yasuda, for such unlawful acts as unreasonable and disingenuous statements made towards me, claiming damages in total of 148 million yen. I also announce that this complaint was delivered to the defendants on May 22nd of the same year.

In addition, I hereby announce that I have today submitted a letter of resignation to Tecmo Co., Ltd. stating that I will resign as of the 1st of July, 2008.

Before the start of development on DEAD OR ALIVE 4, Tecmo Co., Ltd. had agreed to pay a completion bonus to me for this Xbox 360 title, which I produced. However, when the time came for the actual payment, Tecmo Co., Ltd. went against its previous agreement and refused payment. President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me "if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it." In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. Thus, I have no choice but to resign from Tecmo Co., Ltd.

The conduct of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its president Yoshimi Yasuda towards me has been unbefitting of a publicly-listed company.

I have filed this lawsuit with a strong intent to question the social responsibility of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its President Yoshimi Yasuda, as well as condemning them for their unjust acts. Today, in addition to announcing the reasons for this lawsuit, I make clear my reasons for resigning.

To All Game Fans

I truly feel sorry to all the fans of the games I have made. NINJA GAIDEN 2, which will launch on the 3rd of June will be the last NINJA GAIDEN I will create. I will also never be able to make DEAD OR ALIVE 5. I regret the circumstances that have forced me to leave Tecmo, where I had worked for so many years, and I regret the disappointment this will cause my fans.

However, I can no longer continue to work with President Yoshimi Yasuda, a man who chooses not to honor promises even when he is able to do so.

I truly hope that nothing like this happens again in the future.

Tecmo Co., Ltd. Creative Officer
Leader, Team NINJA

You're very lucky space!!!

gameking28
06-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Ugh. I think his statement was why I've been so sick for the past few days.
Ninja Gaiden was one of the first games I remember playing when I was a kid.
The thought that Ninja Gaiden (presumably) ends here just breaks my heart.