PDA

View Full Version : Next Xbox ~ Timeframe

PLAYMKR
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Just read an article (GameInformer) that said 2010 is an estimated timeframe for the next xbox.

Does that seem realistic? I came late to the original Xbox and only had it 1-2 years before I got a launch 360.

How long was it around before the 360 came out?

Any insights as well?

Enamelized420
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
If my memory serves me right that Original Xbox came out in Nov of 01'... so roughly 4yrs later the 360 was released Nov 05'.... Hope this may help you a bit. Seems like the timeframe would be about right

hellonearth159
05-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I sure as hell hope they include a hard drive as part of the base configuration.
I also hope they come up with something better than blueray. I'd hate MS to have to give Sony royalties for every xbox game sold.

Ainokeatoo
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
It might be 2010 possibly late 2011 but I guarantee you'll hear *if there will be* talks of another xbox in development some time in the next two years, possibly early next year, late this year, course they'll need time to develop it so, roughly late middle 2011 it'll be announced and shipped maybe around 2012 early or middle.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I think 2010-2011 is a reasonable time frame for it to come our way as well. They just better build the damn thing right this time! LOL!

Ainokeatoo
05-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I think 2010-2011 is a reasonable time frame for it to come our way as well. They just better build the damn thing right this time! LOL!

LOL! So true, although, I wouldn't mind having an web browser in the xbox or ITV if they decide to make another console... *Hint hint ms hint hint*

Mikewarrior
05-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Too soon... They need to get the 360 issues resolved first & grow their market past 40 million users

No sooner than late 2012, or they will lose a lot of fans.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the 360 issues are resolved. A warranty program is in place to replace faulty harware. New consoles are ont he market with new chipsets and the failure rate has gone down immensly with those new chipsets. While I wish the life cycle would be longer, and it might be since this is all speculation, I think MS is looking forward and if that means a new console then it'll probably happen sooner than later.

Mikewarrior
05-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure the 360 issues are resolved. A warranty program is in place to replace faulty harware. New consoles are ont he market with new chipsets and the failure rate has gone down immensly with those new chipsets.

Wrong, New systems is one thing that still fail far beyond the 5% rate, but refurbished replacements that don't last long at all is another... And when that 3-year free warranty is over & if your replacement lasts a year during that 3 year warranty or after... After that you will have to pay $100+ for Microsoft to fix something that they seem not to know how to do... Is that good?

Will you want to keep paying $100+ for them to keep fixing it?

While I wish the life cycle would be longer, and it might be since this is all speculation, I think MS is looking forward and if that means a new console then it'll probably happen sooner than later.

So let me get this strait... Microsoft is now just starting to recoup the losses from launching the 360, yet they want to start losing all over again 2 years from now?

THEY NEED A MUCH LARGER FAN BASE, & the 360 hasn't even came close to that $199.99 sweat price point to have a chance.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd really love to know where you get your facts and business knowledge. Its amazing. [INSERT SARCASM HERE] Its funny, MS isnt a multi-billion dollar company for by chance. I think they are well aware of the strategic moves and decisions it takes to stay competitive and continue making money.

Mikewarrior
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I'd really love to know where you get your facts and business knowledge. Its amazing. [INSERT SARCASM HERE] Its funny, MS isnt a multi-billion dollar company for by chance. I think they are well aware of the strategic moves and decisions it takes to stay competitive and continue making money.

LMAO, in the CONSOLE business... Don't make me laugh = At this present time Microsoft has lost multiple BILLIONS... Now if we were talking monopolizing the OS market... Then & only then you would have something to go by.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Last time I checked bud, Microsoft was ONE company with smaller divisions, as any large company. But its still one company whether it has losses in a division or not. And that ONE company makes billions each year.

I dont believe Microsoft is listed on NASDAQ as several companies. I believe its MSFT and thats it. Again, making it a profitable company no matter its troubles in certain areas.

Mikewarrior
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Yet we are talking Console/GAMES only = Xbox gaming forum, yes?

If Microsoft can't do that part right = They must be doing something wrong, yes?

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Well selling over 19 million consoles, they must obviously being doing something right. Although I am sure you'll disagree as usual.

Mikewarrior
05-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Well selling over 19 million consoles, they must obviously being doing something right. Although I am sure you'll disagree as usual.

Well you say only the positive so far without giving both sides... 19 million in it's FIRST 2 1/2 years & sales will start to lower without a big price cut (Where is that?) & with all the RRoD failures that cost Microsoft 1+ Billion & the Billions lost with the first Xbox that managed to sell 25 million in 4 years = No, the 360 isn't doing as good as the people in fantasy land want to think.

WillyV2
05-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Well you say only the positive so far without giving both sides... 19 million in it's FIRST 2 1/2 years & sales will start to lower without a big price cut (Where is that?) & with all the RRoD failures that cost Microsoft 1+ Billion & the Billions lost with the first Xbox that managed to sell 25 million in 4 years = No, the 360 isn't doing as good as the people in fantasy land want to think.

Well, Mr. Knowitall, if you had a brain you would learn when to stop posting this stuff. You are clearly leading yourself down the same road you did before. Towards being banned. Your just pissing more people off by posting, and ruining the atmosphere of the boards.

Seriously, we all know here every console has faults, pros and cons. We don't need you praising about how bad Microsoft and their Xbox is, in your opinion. Get a clue, actually, get a life first before you obviously don't have one if you sit on here all the time posting negative topics, as you have been.

Now, sign up for a myspace and cry about Mircosoft and apparently their thousands of faults there. We're sick of seeing it. I'm sure you'll reply to this, or someone else's post in this thread or other threads after already being warned by the staff. Cheers to being banned! :cheers:

Kthnx.

CrazyCougar
05-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Any you know what MS's overall goal is? Wow, you must be an insider. I think the term used by aino much better suits you though. And its funny how the PS3 isnt outselling the 360 by much, if any most months. Yeah, that sounds like folks are having an issue purchasing the 360. (AGAIN INSERT SARCASM]

Variation-XBA
05-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Seriously, why did you guys let Mike back?

It's hard to say, 2010 is about right timeframe wise (average console lasts about 5 years before new ones are introduced), but with this much momemtum, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they hold back as far as they can to 2011 ro 2012. Cause they need to factor in if they want to launch xbox 4 with ps4 (10 year cycle apparently).

CrazyCougar
05-24-2008, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Variation;1069916]Seriously, why did you guys let Mike back?/QUOTE]

He found his way back to the exit.

Unreal
05-24-2008, 06:18 PM
MS has to answer to share holders. No company no matter how rich they are will allow a product to constantly bleed billions. 2010 sounds about right. (5 year shelf life.) I have had each Xbox system sinces it launch. Chances are I will have the next one as well. We will probably hear more about Xbox Next at the end of next year. As far as a price drop Mike, that will probably happen this year. I say around chrismtas. But that also depends on what Sony does.

Steeps5
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I just have to say, its pretty funny reading those arguments crazycougar has with mikewarrior.

I heard one time that microsoft was done with the console market and the 360 was going to be the last console, but maybe they did that just so people would stop asking about another console until they released it.

CrazyCougar
05-26-2008, 07:26 PM
:whistle:

Slowride
05-26-2008, 08:56 PM
The next generation is going to be really interesting I think. Honestly, when I got the 360 I wasn't very impressed with the progression from the original box. That was until I got a plasma HDTV. Now it's great. If you don't have an HDTV imo the current gen is a waste.

Unreal
05-26-2008, 11:12 PM
If you don't have an HDTV imo the current gen is a waste.
I am going to have to agree. I had a HDTV but never took advantage of it till 2 weeks ago. I am running hdmi cables now and the picture quality is night and day. I have been only playing GTA IV as far as games go and it makes a difference even for that. I have the HD-DVD add on for my 360 and I have been watching alot of HD movies now as well. Well I did before but it was a waste. O.T. I know but as soon a blue ray hits the 299.99 point here in Canada. I will be all over it.

Variation-XBA
05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I heard one time that microsoft was done with the console market and the 360 was going to be the last console, but maybe they did that just so people would stop asking about another console until they released it.

You don't invest billions to just suddenly stop. They aren't going anywhere.