PDA

View Full Version : halo 4

Jeezy 187
05-26-2008, 04:44 PM
has anyone heard any info that might be related to another halo game??????????... im really gettn pissed off that bungie always keep quiet all the time it gets irritating:bang::bang::bang: lol...

i hate when they put out a sweet ending and then it just shuts off :bang::bang:

and halo 3 needs new maps even tho blackout is awsome and others are ok they need some new ones already

Steeps5
05-26-2008, 06:17 PM
well if you watch the video after the credits when you finish on legendary, its pretty obvious that there is going to be another halo game sometime in the future, but this is only an assumption, i have no idea if there actually will be or not

Omen28
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM
that would be kool if they made another one. i just wish they would tell us :argue1:

CrazyCougar
05-26-2008, 07:25 PM
If and when another Halo happens it will not be until the next console has been launched from MS. Halo 3 will keep folks busy til then as Halo 2, and still seems to do.

I think its safe to say that another Halo will happen, but as to whether it will be Bungie that develops it is yet to be decided. A no brainer would say Bungie will develop it, but that may not happen.

Ainokeatoo
05-26-2008, 11:40 PM
well if you watch the video after the credits when you finish on legendary, its pretty obvious that there is going to be another halo game sometime in the future, but this is only an assumption, i have no idea if there actually will be or not

The legendary ending depicted chief flying towards a planet, that planet is where the game marathon takes place. Marathon is a game created years and years ago by bungie when it first had started out, think of the first 3D doom game kinda graphics. Marathon is downloadable online. Now, the halo trilogy is supposed to be a prequel to the game Marathon, if they make another halo themed video game. It will not be called Halo 4.

Variation-XBA
05-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I doubt there will be a Halo "4", and if so, it won't be for quite some time.

It was a trilogy, so one can deduce that they next halo will either be a new spinoff or a prequal/ requal (marathon remake!)

There will be some new stuff in the Halo universe, but for an actual Halo "4", don't start holding your breath anytime soon

Enamelized420
05-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I think if there is a "Halo 4" then it may not feature Master chief but yet someone else.... Guess enquiring minds will have to wonder

Symmetric-XBA
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
If and when another Halo happens it will not be until the next console has been launched from MS. Halo 3 will keep folks busy til then as Halo 2, and still seems to do.

I think its safe to say that another Halo will happen, but as to whether it will be Bungie that develops it is yet to be decided. A no brainer would say Bungie will develop it, but that may not happen.

Bungie will still develop titles for MS. When they split off from MS's deep pockets MS still retained the rights to halo and everything involved and included w/ halo. Thats why PS3 owners will never see a halo game, b/c the actual licensing rights for halo belong to MS. There's also a reason why the tag line for Halo 3 is "Finish the fight." The next halo game is the halo wars game that will be coming out, however, as far as Halo 4 goes that game will not come out. It would look kinda bad on a company to say "finish the fight." then turn around make another sequal to the sequal to the sequal and say something like "we really mean it this time, finish the fight." I'd like to see Halo 4 just like millions of others, but the sad truth is that Halo 3 is the end of the trilogy, now if they instead called Halo a saga, then the door is wide open, but bungie has been very clear since the development of Halo 2 that this is indeed a trilogy and w/ halo 3 the gamers get to "finish the fight." Its a shame that such a profitable series is finally laid to rest, but who knows w/ MS what may lie in store for master chief down the road. If there are any developments though w/ M.C. Bungie would be the company doing the project.

Not Green
05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
" I am leaving you. I am off to work more closely with Microsoft on the Halo franchise, so I shan’t be too far away, but I wanted to take this last chance, appropriately enough in a Weekly Update, to tell you a very fond thanks. Thanks for being the most energized, enthusiastic, loyal, faithful, creative, imaginative and incredible community any video game could ever have. "

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13795

This is from Bungie. This is Frankie speaking. After reading this I doubt that if another Halo game comes out that Bungie will be the one making it. Also everyone is talking about how Halo is called a Trilogy, if you notice here Frankie calls Halo a " Franchise ". So, I doubt there will be a Halo 4 but I do believe that there will be other games Halo related. I don't believe Bungie will be the developer though. Just IMO.

Unreal
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
They are making another Halo game. In the June's EGM, it is rumored to be a 3rd person shooter and info on the game will emerge after the next Gears game ships.

Fargoth
05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Frankly I'm pissed at bungie. They said halo TRILOGY you can't just say I'm going to make a trilogy then make more of the same thing. It doens't work that way. Either way Halo is just plain getting tiring for me because from every new game more people get left behind at the other past games and everything becomes less fun. Halo 1 was better than Halo 2, Halo 2 was better than Halo 3, Now I doubt that Halo 4 will be better than Halo 3.

Symmetric-XBA
05-29-2008, 02:10 AM
They are making another Halo game. In the June's EGM, it is rumored to be a 3rd person shooter and info on the game will emerge after the next Gears game ships.
Yes its "rumored", however, untill any facts surface that show any sort of concrete proof this is just another case of "don't believe everything you read." As far as "franchise" goes, you can make that claim w/ anything that involves multiple titles but the same general character. There's a game coming out called "halo wars" in which there will be master chief, not too much has been released on this title, but technically this is a "halo" game. It has the halo name on it, and Bungie is said to be the developers of it. Its not "Halo 4" b/c halo 3 is the end of the master chief saga we all know and love to play. Remember the game thats coming out Too Human? Well i know that the circumstances surrounding the lengthy (over 6 years) time developing the game are different, there was always a "rumor" that it was gonna be released "soon." This word "soon" always seems to pop up when talking game launches and always makes me think of Spaceballs "when will then be now...... soon." MS could always make another Halo title since they own the rights to the game and, yes there are other developers out there than bungie who could do the game. I personally would like to see what Team Ninja could do w/ a halo title since a lot of their games are graphically impressive to say the least. Bottom line, if you're holding your breath for Halo 4, better get an oxygen tank b/c its not coming. Now thats not to say that master chief won't appear in another "halo franchise" game, ie: halo wars. But now that the halo trilogy is finally laid to rest, its time for everyone's fav. type of game the famous "spin off." Who knows what will be in store for M.C. down the road???? The only guarantee is the "halo wars" game, and that is it. People say that they are tired of halo and I can understand that as well, w/ a limited amount of maps (obviously, there can't be like 100 maps, but ohhhhh how sweet that would be) that continue to be recycled over, and over, and over.............. and over again, the true nature of halo is repetition b/c thats what you do. You repeat the levels again, and again, and again...... and again. Don't expect bungie to be releasing any more maps anytime soon b/c you also have to look at the games lineup that they are developing. Companies want to grow and do different things, not just re-hash the same thing over and over... oh you know. With other titles that they are currently developing not just for the 360, but for the ps3 as well, most if not all of their current attentions are set toward new titles, not spending the time and the developement to create original maps for halo 3. If you look at it from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. Lets say that there are 10 million people who have halo 3, and each of them buys a new map pack for only 800 points. Great, thats a lot of money, but imagine the revenue that would be generated if the same company sold a "NEW" game at $60 a copy??? It boils down to the hated word "economics" and if a company can make more money generating new titles, and new experiences for a person, then thats what they will do. Me personally I'd love it if Bungie would hire some programers and 3D artists to be a "stand alone" halo team that would get paid to do nothing but create and develop more levels, that way Bungie could have the best of both worlds, but unf. I'm not employed by bungie and I certainly don't make the decisions, but logically speaking instead of going for a bigger piece of the "pie" bungie could have the whole dam thing. Halo 3 is the end, and for some like me its a sad ending to a great trilogy, for others just another game that has run its course. Either way you put it, a true "Halo 4" sequel will not be coming out.

Unreal
05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
and Bungie is said to be the developers of it.
I am not going to get into the rest of you post. But Bungie has nothing to do with Halo Wars. Ensemble Studios is the studio that is bringing us Halo Wars. They are probably one of the bigger PC RTS devs.

Halo Wars™ is a strategy game based on the legendary Halo® universe. Command armies of UNSC units, both familiar and new, in their initial encounter against the Covenant, an alien coalition threatening to obliterate mankind. Experience an early period of the storied Halo universe, in a time leading up to the first Halo game.

With the guidance of Serina, a spirited A.I. persona, direct legions of UNSC soldiers, Warthogs and Scorpions against Covenant Grunts, Elites, Ghosts and Scarabs, each group having its own strengths and uses in battle. Strategic-minded players who react well under pressure will emerge victorious.
If you go to their website (Ensemble's), there is no mention of Masterchief at all. You control the main guys in the UNSC army. I could have missed something but Halo Wars is just an off shute of the Halo universe in a different type of game.

What is funny that alot of people don't know is Halo started out as a RTS game. Untill MS bought Bungie and it was changed soon after that to a FPS. I will agree that the series has lost some of its freshness. But the appeal is still there. As far as what EGM stated as June's rumor. Well a 3rd person shooter in the Halo universe is just another game made in that universe. I find nothing wrong with that as long as it's good.

Ainokeatoo
05-29-2008, 09:53 AM
LMAO Halo wars features "Spartans" not Master chief, you control the UNSC army in a real time strategy based game.

Unreal
05-29-2008, 10:01 AM
LMAO Halo wars features "Spartans" not Master chief, you control the UNSC army in a real time strategy based game.
Are you laughing because he didn't know, or are you laughing because you didn't know?

Not Green
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Don't expect bungie to be releasing any more maps anytime soon b/c you also have to look at the games lineup that they are developing.

" Because of the hub-bub that vacuumed up my time since I re-entered the Americas, I hadn’t got back up to speed with Purple Reign and Moonbase Alpha’s progress. Near final (“These are the final names” is what some adults told me, but Ghost Town’s name changed at the last possible moment) names have settled into their resting place in the game UI. Don’t read too much into that as a sign that these maps are rapidly descending upon you – rapid isn’t the right word. Besides, the Legendary Map Pack released just over a month ago.

Decorators and detail have brought subtle differences to each of Purple Reign’s symmetrical bases. One base of this open-air arena could end up getting called “Energy side” and another call-out could end up “Hunter side.” Geometrically, Purple Reign is built on a bowl, with some gentle concavity on the floor space, dotted with columns for cover. Four elevated walkways converge in a small bi-level center structure that sports a cache of important items.

Aesthetically, Moonbase Alpha’s labyrinthine hallways are still cleanly beautiful, but there’s something almost haunting about the empty UNSC space platform. Decorators have brought things like wastebaskets and eerie signs of human life – but there’s a feeling of abrupt abandonment throughout the level. The shrine to Doctors Tobias Fleming Shaw and Wallace Fujikawa is a flourish, but still just creepy. Maybe it’s not scary at all and I’m just a sissy. I’m sure folks will let me know when they play on the Moonbase.

Before I went on holiday, Smuggler was a fun foray into rat-in-a-cage levels of carnage. Around each corner, atop each walkway, or camping the top ledge of a middle room was a Shishka, a Sketch, a Frankie or some other unnamable, jarring horror. Upon returning, Smuggler has become a picture perfect nearly majestic play space with sinister undertones. Pristine construction is foiled by a staunch reminder of how often the best laid plans can fail. "

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13824

Owned? :confused:

Jeezy 187
05-31-2008, 01:52 AM
wat the heck ur prob?

Not Green
06-01-2008, 12:15 AM
wat the heck ur prob?

Lawl? :huh:

Not Yellow
06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Lawl? :huh:

lol
iloveyou

No halo 4.
If anything, Halo Wars is probably the last Halo game

Variation-XBA
06-01-2008, 01:53 AM

Nope, there will be more

Unreal
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
lol
iloveyou

No halo 4.
You must have skipped through most of the thread. EGM said there will be a 3rd person shooter Halo game with details after Gears 2 launch. Well thats the rumor anyway. My take is that it will be based on the Marathon Universe.

Ry
06-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I havnt read the whole thread, but I will later, I think there just going to go on with Halo Wars, make a 2nd to that later on.

Steeps5
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
If you go to their website (Ensemble's), there is no mention of Masterchief at all. You control the main guys in the UNSC army. I could have missed something but Halo Wars is just an off shute of the Halo universe in a different type of game.

What is funny that alot of people don't know is Halo started out as a RTS game. Untill MS bought Bungie and it was changed soon after that to a FPS. I will agree that the series has lost some of its freshness. But the appeal is still there. As far as what EGM stated as June's rumor. Well a 3rd person shooter in the Halo universe is just another game made in that universe. I find nothing wrong with that as long as it's good.

Yes, Master Chief is not in this game because the time is before he became a spartan. The Spartans in Halo Wars will only have their mk. 1 mjolnir suit and they wont have energy shields yet. (I got all this information from the July 2008 issue of GamePro.)

And the info that halo did start as a strategy game is true. It was meant to be a strategy game but then ended up to be one of the best fps franchises in gaming history.

Oh, and there is a new game or some kind of show im not sure, that is called Halo Chronicles.

Not Yellow
06-01-2008, 03:30 PM
You must have skipped through most of the thread. EGM said there will be a 3rd person shooter Halo game with details after Gears 2 launch. Well thats the rumor anyway. My take is that it will be based on the Marathon Universe.

The only time I have ever heard of Halo being 3rd person, was way before it's original release when it was still set for the MAC release. I doubt they would go to a 3rd person release because even Marathon was a 1st person shooter. So, show me the exact EGM article..and I will believe you.

Not Yellow
06-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, Master Chief is not in this game because the time is before he became a spartan. The Spartans in Halo Wars will only have their mk. 1 mjolnir suit and they wont have energy shields yet. (I got all this information from the July 2008 issue of GamePro.)

And the info that halo did start as a strategy game is true. It was meant to be a strategy game but then ended up to be one of the best fps franchises in gaming history.

Oh, and there is a new game or some kind of show im not sure, that is called Halo Chronicles.

1st stage: RTS (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/107273.html)
2nd stage: 3rd Person (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/88520.html)(Part 2 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/88896.html))
3rd Stage: 1st person (Xbox preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Kihp1Z_Rk))

Variation-XBA
06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
You prooved yourself wrong? Wow...

No Fear 23
06-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I think I am getting sick of Halo.

Not Yellow
06-03-2008, 05:11 PM
You prooved yourself wrong? Wow...

How so?

mattgame
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I think I am getting sick of Halo.

I tried to trade mine in and they only offered me 12 bucks. I'm stuck with it.:bang: