PDA

View Full Version : Crisis is causing me to sell some faceplates

Symmetric-XBA
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Well after long hours of halo 3 and GTA 4, last night the front of my surround sound system receiver/amplifier literally blew off and my system shorted out. Long story short now I'm forced to rebuild my system and thanks to the wonderfull law of electronics no support from the company is provided for my system. This leads me to selling some of my faceplates in order to make paying for this a little easier as outright replacing it would absolutly destroy my bank account. This has set my collecting back a bit, however, it hasn't killed it lol. So please if there's a faceplate on my list that you would like please make me a reasonable offer. I'd prefer to go through this forum instead of ebay due to the high quality of character I've met here. Thanks everyone.

Enamelized420
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
WOW sorry to hear about the receiver going south on you.. I hope that you got a few yrs use out of it before this happened to you... Best of luck w/ getting rid of some of your plates to offset the price but still sorry you gotta do it

Symmetric-XBA
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah it scared the hell out of me when the front plate of my receiver/amplifier literally blew off the case. I'm glad that the internal breaker provided some protection but when you hear a loud "POW" and the front of your amplifer/receiver is literally smoking that is cause for concern. lol

Enamelized420
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
man where's a video camera running when you need one... I bet that would've made for a great YouTube Video to watch not to mention your expression when it happened....

Symmetric-XBA
05-27-2008, 01:01 PM
lol oh yes if only my fright could have been recorded. I think the smoke bellowing from the unit would have added a nice background to my yell. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm gonna go compete in the high jump in the olympics b/c I never knew from a sitting position that the human body has the ability to jump to such hights when an explosion inside your electronics occurs lol.

kdub1982
05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
that sucks soo much man!! I remember when the bulb in my TV went it scared the crap out of me, the big POP and crackle sound that followed made my dog bolt upstairs.

I hope you can sell a few faceplate's to help with the costs.

SpaceGhost2K
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm hurting for money too, but I sent you a PM.

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 04:11 AM
yeah it scared the hell out of me when the front plate of my receiver/amplifier literally blew off the case. I'm glad that the internal breaker provided some protection but when you hear a loud "POW" and the front of your amplifer/receiver is literally smoking that is cause for concern. lol

I had that same thing happen to me once,but it was with an electric shaver.Turns out I plugged in the wrong cord to it,causing it to be WAY overcharged.Long story short,I put it up to my neck,turn it on,POW! and blue smoke everywhere.No idea how I wasn't hurt,but now I have a phobia of shaving.

Oh,and sorry to hear about your plight,but I'd love to buy any cheap plates if you have any!!

Symmetric-XBA
06-04-2008, 04:46 AM
I had someone interested in buying some plates, we talked a lot and negotiated prices and shipping and the whole lot, all that was needed was the go ahead and paypal payment. Alas, nothing so far has come about from it and that was May 30th. I know that I won't be able to totally replace my system (my audio receiver alone is over 4,000), however I was hoping that selling some plates would have helped somewhat in allowing me to replace it. I have received other offers as well, but understandably they are looking for "deals" and faceplates WAY below what I can let them go for. I'm not talkin about $300 for a wood faceplate though lol oh in the future you may want to switch to a straight edge razor for shaving lol, don't have to worry about that blowing up in your face lol, just don't sneeze when you're shaving your upper lip lmao