PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview

SpaceGhost2K
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Hello, everybody (/grover)

So the faceplate database is coming along. We're just about ready to start adding plates. We hope to open it up to everybody around mid-June.

Towards the end if June or in early July, we will be holding a contest. This contest will be a random drawing, so we're not going to ask you to do anything except be a registered guest.

Now, I know that one's first inclination is to not share the info with anyone, thus increasing one's chances to win the goodie. But in this case, the real benefit is growing the community. As collectors, that is in all of our best interests. So don't keep it to yourself. Tell a friend. Tell eight.

We will be opening this up to anyone who is a member, or joins to become a member. There is a chance that a few people you've never heard of before will stroll in here, win a prize that you wanted really badly, and leave, never to be seen or heard from again. I gotta tell you, that's the breaks. There will be people who come in here with no interest at all in plates, who are coming just for a prize. AND THAT'S OKAY. The more people we get through the door, the more will find this place interesting and stick around. It's a numbers game.

Of course, some of you are probably guessing that a couple of the prizes will be those super-ultra-ridiculously-low production Canadian Launch Plates. And guess what? You'd be right. But on top of that, Our Fearless Leader Kamshaft is also sitting on a box of goodies up dere in da great white north, which we will also give away at random.

But we have one prize that will blow your socks off. We have one prize that will have people coming fom the far corners of the Earth, just to register for a chance to win it.

"Ooh, SpaceGhost... what could it be?" I hear you cry. Well, it is nothing less than an Xbox 360. Not a case, like I thought we were getting, but a complete console.

"Pshaw, that ain't no thang," you're muttering under your breath. Yeah?

Well, there's this game coming out soon. And through the donation of one very generous faceplate loving person, we'll be giving away an Xbox 360 with a custom faceplate designed by moi and created by mypainteffects especially for the release of this game, and the 360 itself will be autographed by the entire development team who made the game.

We'll be sharing the news with Xbox.com, and hopefully we'll even get it onto the sign-in blade on Xbox LIVE - THAT'S why we're expecting a lot of traffic. We'll also be participating in a program called "GTWO" for "Get The Word Out," which will distribute the news of this giveaway to a large number of community owned Xbox sites.

I have a picture of the plate, but it was a test shot and it doesn't have a very flattering background, so I'm not going to post it yet. I should have a photo of the actual signed Xbox within a couple of days that I can post for everyone, and if I don't, I'll try to get everybody a picture of the plate itself.

I know you guys pretty well, and I know you're gonna flip your lid.

JarkMan
05-28-2008, 11:27 PM
oooo i cant wait to see this!!!!

tacohead
05-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Can't wait to see it!

tinytoonsbuster
05-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Can't wait to see it!

agreed

Omen28
05-29-2008, 02:09 AM
agreed

double agreed

Symmetric-XBA
05-29-2008, 02:13 AM
double agreed

lol yeah what he said.

JakofallAces
05-29-2008, 05:45 AM
DAMN YOU MOOCHERS cant not wait any longer now again:bang:

wicked_d365
05-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Sounds sweet, can't wait. Hope atleast a few of the addicts wins some stuff.

Enamelized420
05-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I fifth or sixth agree this will be awesome.... I too hope that an XBA wins something. Looking forward to the pics...

Variation-XBA
05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Awesome man, post asap

KatamariKutie
05-29-2008, 03:03 PM
"Ooh, SpaceGhost... what could it be?"

I hear this in a unison of high falsetto voices. Don't you?

Ry
05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I 8th agree this will be awsome

gameking28
05-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Haha! And you thought you were busy before Spacey? If you guys (the XBA crew) get the word out and onto the 360 blade ads, you and MPE are going to have business through the freaking roof!
This is huge. From the start XBox has wanted people to make the 360 their own through custom faceplates - you guys took it to the next level by offering more than just a retail plate that anyone could go down and buy. This site and this community is what the people at MS really wanted.
Right now we just have the eBay crowd coming into the faceplate addict area. With worldwide exposure and official support, the little faceplate community is going to grow exponentially. :D
So... what's the game?!

SpaceGhost2K
05-30-2008, 03:35 AM
So... what's the game?!

If I don't get a picture back from one of my two sources, I'll show you the test shot tomorrow. Saturday, I mean.

SpaceGhost2K
05-31-2008, 11:00 PM
I haven't heard back from Garrick and neither has my friend at the game studio, so here is the pic of the faceplate. This plate will come with an Xbox 360 console signed by the game development team:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/WALLE.jpg

JarkMan
05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
DUDE that legit!!!!! i actually wanna see that movie!!

Ranzo
05-31-2008, 11:42 PM
My girlfriend would kill for this.

Variation-XBA
06-01-2008, 01:14 AM
My girlfriend would kill for this.

Haha

I wanna go see this too

Symmetric-XBA
06-01-2008, 03:57 AM
lol i've actually hit myself w/ one of those paddle ball things before too lol. I know how he's feelin lol

fioretti
06-01-2008, 04:37 AM
awesommeeeee !!

i`d like to win that faceplate for sure :p :hardcore:

SpaceGhost2K
06-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I just changed the picture on Post #15 to a larger picture with a clean background. As soon as I get a shot with the plate on the console, I'll post it here.

falldowndrunk
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Whoo,free stuff.Wait,I never win.So free stuff for you then.

But,I'll be happy to know that I was here before some of the expected moochers,so that rocks.

And finally, xboxaddicts is already on motto,so thats all the help you'll get from me!!